Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Away games in the Championship

has anybody checked what the away capacity’s  are for next season ?

Obviously Luton and Brentford on a Saturday afternoon will get tested as soon as they go on sale and the other London clubs should sell well.

& given how competitive the league has been in the past 3 seasons we’ve been away no doubt they will all sell out their allocations for the Valley for Saturday games or come lose to it

Comments

• Options

Obviously Luton and Brentford on a Saturday afternoon will get tested as soon as they go on sale and the other London clubs should sell well.

& given how competitive the league has been in the past 3 seasons we’ve been away no doubt they will all sell out their allocations for the Valley for Saturday games or come lose to it
    The away allocation will be more than sufficient for us in 95% of the games.
  • Options
    Thanks, I thought there might be something but I couldn’t find it when I searched on my phone 
  • Options
    Other than the London games, Luton and probably Reading, I can't see many of the other matches selling out. Maybe Forest as the capacity is only 2000, and Cardiff, 1800 .
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Fulham will be relatively easy given how many tickets we got from them that one time in the cup.

Brentford, QPR, Luton and the Spanners will be the only games where you will want to go but MIGHT not be able to get a ticket.

Brentford and QPR the only guaranteed sell outs IMO. Luton and Millwall will if we are in good form, on a weekend etc.
  • Options
    As the second half of this season has shown, it will depend massively on how we’re doing as to whether there will be a challenge getting a ticket for away games.
  • Options
    Fulham will be relatively easy given how many tickets we got from them that one time in the cup.

Brentford, QPR, Luton and the Spanners will be the only games where you will want to go but MIGHT not be able to get a ticket.

Brentford and QPR the only guaranteed sell outs IMO. Luton and Millwall will if we are in good form, on a weekend etc.
    A league match will be very different, especially as Fulham are about to redevelop the Riverside stand
  • Options
    Millwall will be 2200 as there's no way they'll give us the lower tier.

Surprised that Forest is only 2k given the stadium holds 30k.
  • Options
    We'll sell out between 6-8 games. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

You'd be surprised.

Obviously it depends on how well a club is doing and if the game is a saturday or a tuesday but i think only the London clubs, Luton and Leeds are guaranteed to sell out the away end no matter what. Possibly Forest and Sheff Weds too if they're on a saturday and maybe Bristol City and Stoke if they're going well. 
  • Options

You'd be surprised.

Obviously it depends on how well a club is doing and if the game is a saturday or a tuesday but i think only the London clubs, Luton and Leeds are guaranteed to sell out the away end no matter what. Possibly Forest and Sheff Weds too if they're on a saturday and maybe Bristol City and Stoke if they're going well. 
    There will be a slight novelty factor too seeing that we've been out of the Championship for 3 years, indeed we haven't played West Brom since 2008 for example

Along with Fulham, we're the most attractive London away day too for most away fans.
  • Options

You'd be surprised.

We'll sell 3,700 against Wednesday.  Once we have played them 5 times.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Please nobody say "anybody who wants a ticket will get one". ANY away game. 

The run in, play offs and Wembley sales shocked us all and while the "journey" Bowyer calls it goes on, so will our away followings.

Not saying we'll sell out all away days but we might just surprise ourselves at some grounds if the fixture list is kind to us.
  • Options
    1,800 for QPR is shit....used to be 3,000.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    We should tell them that 1,800 is the maximum allocation they can have for the Valley

and stick 1,000 local school kids in the Jimmy Seed and tell them there are prizes for the kids that make the most noise 
  • Options
    You will get the 3,000 if you agree to pay for any unsold tickets in the other level.
  • Options
    You will get the 3,000 if you agree to pay for any unsold tickets in the other level.
    Probably counts us out...though in the right circumstances we could shift 3k.
  • Options
    I went to an away game there about 10 seasons ago and we did not sell 800.
  • Options
    I think we were getting close to relegation by then. I was there.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    November '08?
  • Options
    November '08?
    Keith Gillespie player for us that night I think?
  • Options
    Think we had just over 1k at last time we played at Loftus Road!
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    November '08?
    Keith Gillespie player for us that night I think?
    Could well have been.

Very good player back then.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    We’re one of those clubs who can take a shocking or incredible number away based on the circumstances.

Sonething on the game and/or not played at said ground in x number of years and very good numbers are possible.

Nothing game and played there the last 4 years and it can be shocking.

Seen us sell out both tiers at QPR - early in 97/98 promotion years and also take under 1k.

Next season should be decent due to the fact it’s largely grounds we won’t have been at for quite a few years, esp relevant for this new boistrous support that has developed the last few years. 
  • Options
    Another thing to factor in now is the incredible noise and constant support that our away fans seem to generate since LB took over. It’s been a great day out following charlton, even losing at Oxford, and you want to go to more games. Obviously form next season will be a big factor but the early season games will be interesting 
  • Options
    The away support has been fantastic, really looking forward to this continuing next year, some cracking grounds as well,  fixtures out in a couple of weeks? then we can start planning away days.
  • Options
    We’re one of those clubs who can take a shocking or incredible number away based on the circumstances.

Sonething on the game and/or not played at said ground in x number of years and very good numbers are possible.

Seen us sell out both tiers at QPR - early in 97/98 promotion years and also take under 1k.

Next season should be decent due to the fact it’s largely grounds we won’t have been at for quite a few years, esp relevant for this new boistrous support that has developed the last few years. 
    No doubt will be able to back me up here with figures, but for many years, certainly in the Premier League we had one of the worst away to home % in the entire football league.

I quite like the fact we have a small knot of away numbers, although it would be nice to take volumes to games like Leeds, Portsmouth and Wednesday when we have nothing to play for.  Proper support these three have, as much as I cannot stand Leeds.
  • Options

No doubt will be able to back me up here with figures, but for many years, certainly in the Premier League we had one of the worst away to home % in the entire football league.

I quite like the fact we have a small knot of away numbers, although it would be nice to take volumes to games like Leeds, Portsmouth and Wednesday when we have nothing to play for.  Proper support these three have, as much as I cannot stand Leeds.
    Helped of course by 2 of them being the only club in their city, and the other being one of only 2 clubs in a city of over half a million people.
  • Options

Helped of course by 2 of them being the only club in their city, and the other being one of only 2 clubs in a city of over half a million people.
    Not so good for big games when you can't get a ticket!