Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Congratulations!

Just a message to say congratulations from a Daley! Much deserved, and you’ll find a lot of Dale fans are very happy for you. I think a lot of us have developed a soft spot for you after the way a lot of your fans and players celebrated with us on the pitch after the final game of last season when we retained L1 status at the expense of Oldham. Great memories for us then, great memories for you now, enjoy!

Comments

• Options
    Daley88 said:
    Just a message to say congratulations from a Daley! Much deserved, and you’ll find a lot of Dale fans are very happy for you. I think a lot of us have developed a soft spot for you after the way a lot of your fans and players celebrated with us on the pitch after the final game of last season when we retained L1 status at the expense of Oldham. Great memories for us then, great memories for you now, enjoy!
    Rochdale are a decent club & I'm pleased you survived again this season.
  • Options
    Thanks mate, enjoyed coming up to Dale last autumn. Friendly ground and great pies in the chippy. Glad you stayed up. Good luck next season.
  • Options
    Cheers for the 4-0 win on the last day of the season

I took that as a returning of the favour for you winning on the last day of the season last term so consider any debt repaid

Good luck under Barry-Murphy, wasnt overly impressed with your boys on the last day (probably because you wanted us to take 3rd) but the form he put you in when he replaced Keith Hill was quite impressive so hope for your sake he turns out to be a Lee Bowyer type of appointment rather than the Nick Daws one we saw with Scunthorpe this season!!
  • Options
    I was there and your fans were great that day. I seem to remember the lad who scored had had cancer two years previous and thought he would never play again. 

Spoke to a Dale fan outside. I was checking the scores for him and when your safety was secured he said to me ‘enjoy Wembley’. He was a year behind but he was right. 

Glad you lot were safe when you came to the Valley this season. I really didn’t want to be the team that sent you down. 
  • Options
    Cheers Tom.
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Liked your post Daley88.

Always had a soft spot for Rochdale. Been to Spotland a few times back in the 70s.
    Used to see a lovely local girl from Norden back then, Judith was her name - although everybody called her Judsy.

When I went to her house, I was asked to "do pots".
    I hadn't a clue what she was talking about ... but turned out it was my turn to do the washing up.

Curried sauce on chips with mushy peas. Don't think she ate anything else.
    Good memories. And good luck next year, Rochdale.

Oop 'Dale!