Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton / Cymru

I had never noticed before but at the Doncaster home leg there was a Charlton / Cymru flag hung up in the lower tier of the Covered End. Yesterday we saw 3 flags dotted around the Charlton end. My wife ( Welsh) is intrigued. Was it fate she married an Addick?

Comments

• Options
    Caught the 8.05 train from Cardiff Central ( delayed by an hour ) yesterday. There were two Sunderland shirted supporters in my carriage. They spotted my Charlton shirt and and with the faintest of nods we acknowledged each other but said nothing.

Last night, as I alighted at Cardiff from the 19.45 from Paddington ( delayed by 20 minutes ), one of them got out of another carriage. I walked past him just as he stepped onto the platform. I attempted to give him a “ never mind” consoling smile but he was unable to hold my gaze for even a millisecond. Such is life. 
  • Options
    I arrived back into Cardiff at 11. No other fans on the train. What a day. 
  • Options
    Assuming the 2 of you weren’t owners of any of the flags,  it looks like we have a good contingent of Welsh Addicks. 
  • Options
    There was 4 welsh in my group
  • Options
    One flag is owned by a top gent who some will know as Jewish ---- he follows the Welsh football team al! over
  • Options

• Options
    My son lives in Merthyr Tydfil and there is another Addick in Merthyr (Pentrebach)
  • Options
    Good to see the Charlton Cymru flag again today 👍