Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Another statement from Roland on the OS

Comments

• Options
    By the way, I seem to have uncovered a disappointment for those of you eagerly waiting for the opportunity to book rooms in Roland's new boutique event-hotel, 't Hof van Stayen.

It appears he plans to use it instead to house a new private training academy, called Nacademy, which he is setting up in conjunction with senior people from the telephone centre Callexcell, which has its offices in Stayen.
    https://derijkstebelgen.be/nieuws/callexcell-het-minder-bekende-callcenter-bestaan-van-roland-duchatelet 
  • Options
    This is becoming even more concerning now! Like many others are now beginning to see, and as I have articulated for over a year now, this is all about revenge and spite from Duchatelet. He's simply playing an elongated and sadistic game with us and the club now.

He has no interest in any success for us and has purposely issued this statement in an attempt to quell our (fans') playoff euphoria! He will have someone reading this forum and reporting back to him. He'll be revelling in the angst and pain that he's causing us.

Apologies if my record needs changing, but I'll say it again; he will ensure that he has the last laugh!! 

I said it nearly two years ago and I stick to it every single leak every single action is spite vindictive and planned 
    Except that every time he speaks it is more and more obvious to more and more people that he is a ridiculous person. Take the proposal to sell the club to the EFL, for example. There is no calculation or intelligence behind that. It was the outburst of a fool.

You credit him with qualities he doesn’t have and demonstrates that he does not have every time he appears in public.
    You're missing my point AB. I'm not contesting that when he speaks he just spouts hyperbolic drivel (e.g. the EFL 'proposal'). It's demonstrably evident.

What I'm saying is, that because we've rightly hurt and embarrassed him, especially in Belgium, he's of the sort of crazed mindset that simply craves revenge. Yes, he's utterly moronic and unfathomable, but he's not stupid and he wields no small amount of power. 

We've had 'leak after leak' of proposed buyers and sales being imminent, all timed to nicely coincide with fans' meetings and the like, simply to appease us (there's simply no 'best evidence' to prove otherwise; and please don't level the Australian debacle at me!). We then get our hopes up and get understandably excited, and then, low and behold, it all crashes and burns around us! I'm not having it's just a coincidence, no chance! It's happened too often and for too long. All the while, he'll just be sitting back and manically laughing at the grief he's causing us. 

His behaviour manifests that of someone who is so intrinsically wrapped up in his own intransigence and ego, that he'll seek to never be proven wrong, irrespective of the consequences for us! Never lose sight of the fact that we're a mere minority insignificance to him. For that reason, he can just toy with us and will continue to do so! Just as he has done for the last 18-24 months in relation to this 'proposed' sale.
  • Options
    So why agree to pay for decent players to keep us up , when he can really properly hurt us by taking us down or is he trying to keep us sellable by not going down but we are unsellable at his ridiculous price 
  • Options
    ^^
    I'm not saying that he doesn't want to sell us. What I'm saying is that, in this extremely protracted interim, he will do what he can to reek his revenge on the embarrassment we've caused him.

Yes, of course he will ultimately (?) sell us once he gets the money he desires (he's not going to show that he's weak or wrong by reducing that amount). Who knows what's going to happen if he doesn't get his 'asking price'? This summer will be pivotal in indicating such. In the meantime though, he'll continue to behave in a completely irrational and almost psychotic manner.
  • Options
    The only person who takes him seriously is Jim White.
  • Options
    @bazjonster and @nth london addick have it spot on in my opinion, too many leaks have come and rumours have appeared, I know people will suggest they have evidence it's not true, whilst not actually offering any evidence at all so I can only assume they've also fallen into his well-placed trap.

The bloke is on a wind-up and out to get revenge.
  • Options
    So why agree to pay for decent players to keep us up , when he can really properly hurt us by taking us down or is he trying to keep us sellable by not going down but we are unsellable at his ridiculous price 
    When did we last actually pay for a player? 
  • Options
    Could argue we paid for Billy Clarke last season

Else it would have been Jake Forster-Caskey and Lewis Page in January 2017
  • Options
    That’s exactly what he is doing in lge 2 he would have to give in to the notion of complete failure 

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Don’t know but doubt anyone has come here for cheap wages and no signing on fees .
    im pretty sure we’d be at the top end of wage budgets in this league 
  • Options
    I'm sure it was spontanious. He found out Wilder got Sheffield promoted and saw an opportunity to show he was right. He thinks everybody is as stupid as he is. Even a village idiot would instantly know the EFL wouldn't and couldn't buy Charlton. They would also know that Wilder was always going to join the club he has always loved when they came in for him before he signed for us. It wouldn't even have been about Duchatelet not giving him the control he wanted - he would have been looking for any excuse.
  • Options
    This is becoming even more concerning now! Like many others are now beginning to see, and as I have articulated for over a year now, this is all about revenge and spite from Duchatelet. He's simply playing an elongated and sadistic game with us and the club now.

He has no interest in any success for us and has purposely issued this statement in an attempt to quell our (fans') playoff euphoria! He will have someone reading this forum and reporting back to him. He'll be revelling in the angst and pain that he's causing us.

Apologies if my record needs changing, but I'll say it again; he will ensure that he has the last laugh!! 

I said it nearly two years ago and I stick to it every single leak every single action is spite vindictive and planned 
    Except that every time he speaks it is more and more obvious to more and more people that he is a ridiculous person. Take the proposal to sell the club to the EFL, for example. There is no calculation or intelligence behind that. It was the outburst of a fool.

You credit him with qualities he doesn’t have and demonstrates that he does not have every time he appears in public.
    You're missing my point AB. I'm not contesting that when he speaks he just spouts hyperbolic drivel (e.g. the EFL 'proposal'). It's demonstrably evident.

What I'm saying is, that because we've rightly hurt and embarrassed him, especially in Belgium, he's of the sort of crazed mindset that simply craves revenge. Yes, he's utterly moronic and unfathomable, but he's not stupid and he wields no small amount of power. 

We've had 'leak after leak' of proposed buyers and sales being imminent, all timed to nicely coincide with fans' meetings and the like, simply to appease us (there's simply no 'best evidence' to prove otherwise; and please don't level the Australian debacle at me!). We then get our hopes up and get understandably excited, and then, low and behold, it all crashes and burns around us! I'm not having it's just a coincidence, no chance! It's happened too often and for too long. All the while, he'll just be sitting back and manically laughing at the grief he's causing us. 

His behaviour manifests that of someone who is so intrinsically wrapped up in his own intransigence and ego, that he'll seek to never be proven wrong, irrespective of the consequences for us! Never lose sight of the fact that we're a mere minority insignificance to him. For that reason, he can just toy with us and will continue to do so! Just as he has done for the last 18-24 months in relation to this 'proposed' sale.
    I sort of understand why people grasp at the “deliberate leak” theory, but again it is crediting him with capacities that he doesn’t have and motivations that are flimsy. 

There isn’t a one size fits all explanation for the timing or substance of information, but it’s risible to think he has been in control of all of it or that he is remotely interested in or capable of managing the fans’ forum via the local or national media.

You cannot sensibly argue both that we are a “minority insignificance” to him AND that he has an elaborate plan to forestall trivial interventions. 

There seems to be a mysterious belief that stories emerge just because someone at the club rings up Jim White, Rich Cawley, the Standard, the Daily Mail or me to plant false information, whereas the reality is there are myriad sources including professional people with no connection to Charlton, the officers of the EFL, former directors with no sympathy for Duchatelet, brokers, agents and other people in the game. It’s wildly unrealistic to think that this idiot or anyone working for him is pulling all the strings. Or that the media is that gullible.

If you want “evidence” the EFL has confirmed multiple times that it received a contract for the sale of the club a year ago. Are you really suggesting that this was put together purely as a distraction, that Andrew Muir engaged in a subterfuge so that Duchatelet could wind up fans and that the EFL was and is complicit in the deception? There has been and is plenty of other interest in buying the club - it has gone nowhere because of his inability to come to terms with his own failure and accept a reasonable price.

Clearly, the Aussie bid was real, although who knows why it was cancelled at the last hurdle, however that doesn't mean every other 'bid' that has been discussed is real.

Is it not entirely possible that whilst some stories have been real and not planted, some others have been?
  • Options

A complete decimation in football terms (a'la Karel Freye and much of the early years) enflames the protests and justifies their occurrence both to Charlton fans but also the wider football world.

It also increases the likelihood and support of personal inconvenience ie action historically in Belgium.

A more subtle approach is therefore required.

Whereas doing enough to make apparent progress papers over the ills and will distract the majority from the ills of his ownership. Ergo have a manager who works wonders in spite of the dysfunction and bags 3rd place despite having a key goalscorer sold and not adequately replaced at a key point of the season.

Now any neutral, casual observer not invested in the details and history will think oh ok Charlton hit the playoffs and things must be ok. Completely ignorant about the bigger picture and perpetual albeit now less obvious detriment of the ownership long term. Many of our fans including myself will likely fall into this temporary illusion should we find ourselves basking in the Wembley sunshine later this month.

It will give hope that things have turned a corner, he's not that bad and we're just doomongering fantasists for seeing otherwise.

Add in a few more "sale close" narratives engineered to keep dissent at bay and the cycle continues ad infinitum.

It's the hope that kills you and in this case it's very slowly and subtly.

• Options
    edited May 2019

I sort of understand why people grasp at the “deliberate leak” theory, but again it is crediting him with capacities that he doesn’t have and motivations that are flimsy. 

There isn’t a one size fits all explanation for the timing or substance of information, but it’s risible to think he has been in control of all of it or that he is remotely interested in or capable of managing the fans’ forum via the local or national media.

You cannot sensibly argue both that we are a “minority insignificance” to him AND that he has an elaborate plan to forestall trivial interventions. 

There seems to be a mysterious belief that stories emerge just because someone at the club rings up Jim White, Rich Cawley, the Standard, the Daily Mail or me to plant false information, whereas the reality is there are myriad sources including professional people with no connection to Charlton, the officers of the EFL, former directors with no sympathy for Duchatelet, brokers, agents and other people in the game. It’s wildly unrealistic to think that this idiot or anyone working for him is pulling all the strings. Or that the media is that gullible.

If you want “evidence” the EFL has confirmed multiple times that it received a contract for the sale of the club a year ago. Are you really suggesting that this was put together purely as a distraction, that Andrew Muir engaged in a subterfuge so that Duchatelet could wind up fans and that the EFL was and is complicit in the deception? There has been and is plenty of other interest in buying the club - it has gone nowhere because of his inability to come to terms with his own failure and accept a reasonable price.

Clearly, the Aussie bid was real, although who knows why it was cancelled at the last hurdle, however that doesn't mean every other 'bid' that has been discussed is real.

Is it not entirely possible that whilst some stories have been real and not planted, some others have been?
    We do know why the Aussie bid fell apart. It was because the person putting the consortium together entered into an agreement that he couldn’t deliver - because he hadn’t secured the backing of all the consortium members before he did so. I am not saying that every word spouted by LDT at the fans’ forum is the literal truth or that information hasn’t been put out there by all sides for a purpose at times, but to my certain knowledge there has been significant other interest in buying the club to which agreeing a price is the obstacle.

I don’t believe that any of managing the fans’ forum, deterring protests or selling season tickets are a likely or proportionate cause of disinformation or that Duchatelet’s primary motivation is revenge. How does the Wilder statement achieve that? It’s just silly.
  • Options
    Is it not obvious how the Wilder statements achieves that? Look at the response, it undermines the team and riles up the fan base if he's not doing stuff out of spite/revenge, what other possible reason is there for the Wilder statement?
  • Options
    Roland suggested that Wilder felt ‘threatened’ by Charlton fans, and so chose not to take the job, to ROT members at his farm/new hotel in St Truiden last year. 
    Was it a funny farm?
  • Options
    Is it not obvious how the Wilder statements achieves that? Look at the response, it undermines the team and riles up the fan base if he's not doing stuff out of spite/revenge, what other possible reason is there for the Wilder statement?
    HE'S A MAD C***
    I don't disagree, I just think he's a mad **** with a grudge.
  • Options
    Because he is bonkers. He really is. 

Why did he demand the EFL buy the club? Because he is bonkers.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Who cares what Roland thinks about Wilder and what happened three years ago? Much more worrying is the lack of praise for Bowyer. Bowyer’s contract is up and even Roland will know that Bowyer’s stock has risen and to keep him will mean an increased salary. Roland won’t like that.
  • Options
    No, and Roland never had the vision of buying a failing club, finding the right manager and backing him to the very top. It isn't easy to do that anyway as managers like Bowyer do not fall into your lap that easily. But when they do, you have to see the opportunity for what it is - unless you have completely lost interest because the vision you had has been proven not to work. 

• Options
    Can people not see,these sort of comments are retaliation for the stick he gets from the fans.He is a wind up merchant and judging by the comments on here it is working.I think it would be more effective if these sort of statements were not printed or discussed,ignore him,dont give him the satisfaction .
  • Options
    I think the old scrote sees himself as a visionary and this is an attempt to try and claim that if he had appointed Chris W we would be in the Premiership.

All hail Roland the great. If he would hurry up and die we could put him forward for martyrdom.
  • Options
    He has to try to cling on to something. But he has a great potential manager right under his nose who wants to stay at the club and he can't sign him up! Some visionary who can't see under his nose!
  • Options
    Can people not see,these sort of comments are retaliation for the stick he gets from the fans.He is a wind up merchant and judging by the comments on here it is working.I think it would be more effective if these sort of statements were not printed or discussed,ignore him,dont give him the satisfaction .
    He is telling us that the fans have got one over him. That really grates with him and he cant let go because he insists that everybody around him bows down to his genius. 
  • Options
    Are you seriously saying that no one should openly criticise Roland despite all the harm he has visited on the club?

• Options
    I welcome his statements. All they do is make him look more and more ridiculous. 
    Then we agree on the outcome, just not his motivation.