Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Seat leg room: Top of the Lower Vs First row of Upper

edited April 2019 in General Charlton
Friend is looking to buy a ST with his grandad and brother for next season... 
Problem is leg room as they are all 6ft4+! 
We used to all go together and had the last row of the North Lower so no issue with space. Unfortunately there are no tickets left there now, looking on the site there are a few in Row U and S. I know the lower varies considerably with leg room, only last week when I went with them we was first row as you come out the stairs Block B and could barely sit down! 
Anyone on here can vouch that rows U and S in the lower have more leg room being towards the back of the lower? Other options are first row in the upper but £145 more is a lot for a few inches extra (Maybe not according to the Mrs....)

Comments

• Options
    Just stand up all game. Charlton fans love that.
  • Options
    Some of row V and row W are the extra leg room, maybe wait until the deadline as some may become available.

I don't think U or S are any different to anywhere else, i.e. tight legroom.
  • Options
    Ask the Club if you can visit the ground and look at the options.

It's an important issue for Season Ticket holders.

Or you could just wait a couple of months.
  • Options
    https://www.surgeryencyclopedia.com/La-Pa/Leg-Lengthening-Shortening.html

Hight reduction surgery is the answer. For a little as 27k you can have your legs reduced in length . 

No more bruised knees at football matches.  A dilemma we all stay awake at night worrying about . 

Hope this will will ease your worries. 
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    I sit in the first row of the upper, I'm 5'6" and there is minimal leg room for me.  I think the first row has slightly less leg room than the rows behind it (because it's faced with a concrete wall rather than a row of seats which are slightly curved (although spreading out in that way will just hack off whoever you are sitting next to).  If you are that tall, the only option really is end-of-a-row, anywhere, so you can stick your legs out into the aisle (much the same as if you go on a bus although the bus will have considerably more room).  If you are tall and buy a seat in the middle of the front row upper, you are going to have to fold up and sit with your knees under your chin.  This may be uncomfortable and require a minute or two to unfold should we score.

• Options
    I’m about 3 foot 6 tall, and there is absolutely no leg room in the north lower, they could always buy a ticket in another stand, and stretch out from one stand to another.
  • Options
    I'm 6 1 and sat in the north lower v Scunthorpe...was like torture and had to sit side on the whole game.

I imagine it's a legacy from the 1990s when the seats were installed as people were smaller back then.
  • Options
    North Lower is horrendous apart from the back row. NW corner is the steepest part of the ground, so the seat in front of you is below you rather than directly in front of your knees. Might be worth a look.
  • Options
    I'm 6 1 and sat in the north lower v Scunthorpe...was like torture and had to sit side on the whole game.

I imagine it's a legacy from the 1990s when the seats were installed as people were smaller back then.
    Completely agree. I was smaller in the 1990s.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sitting in the north lower for a cup game this season, I was surprised at how poor the legroom was as I hadn't sat there since 1994! The perfect spot for converting to safe standing if that ever is allowed
  • Options
    If only they could place sofa’s in the corners, there would be ample leg room then, in fact im suprised no one has thought of this already.
  • Options
    I am in Lower block E, row V and it has extra legroom due to an old walkway in the original design. 
    Not sure if it goes all the way along the lower stand though. 
    Hope that helps.