Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Player Of The Year Vote

Comments

• Options
    Taylor, Sarr then probably Phillips for me..
  • Options
    Kenneth Yao.
  • Options
    Couldnt decide between

Cullen
    Sarr
    Bielik
    Taylor

So voted Cullen, but will vote for someone else if we are doing votes outside the stadium again
    Paulie your not allowed 2 votes mate
  • Options
    Taylor For me. Only player we really can’t do without 
  • Options
    Same for me although I thought you might have voted for Purrington mate :wink:
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    I was going to then you pointed out he is not a steady 7, feel cheated 
  • Options
    Anyone else think it's too early to really decide yet? There's still 6 crucial games left as well as the playoffs. I'd say Cullen right now but that could easily change if he has a bad last 6 games and Taylor keeps scoring and fires us in to the top 2. Don't know why these votes are done before the most important part of the season takes place.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2019
    RedChaser said:
    I was going to then you pointed out he is not a steady 7, feel cheated 
    You know what will happen now he'll either score or get an assist for the winner tomorrow or make a goal saving stop to secure 3 points and be MOM with a 9/10 :blush:
  • Options
    Taylor all the way
  • Options
    Phillips, Sarr, Cullen, Taylor are the runners for me.   Got to go for Lyle.
  • Options
    ReeCAFC15 said:
    Anyone else think it's too early to really decide yet? There's still 6 crucial games left as well as the playoffs. I'd say Cullen right now but that could easily change if he has a bad last 6 games and Taylor keeps scoring and fires us in to the top 2. Don't know why these votes are done before the most important part of the season takes place.
    OK. Let's look at the logistics of taking votes at The Valley.

The only remaining home games before the last of the season ( the day before the dinner takes place) are tomorrow and on Easter Monday. Therefore they are the only opportunities left to us to "service" (oooer, missus) those fans who don't have the means to vote online, or indeed would rather do so in person.

I'm not totally sure when  online voting will be closed but apart from the reasonably easy task of counting the votes, the trophies for 1st, 2nd & 3rd places have to be engraved ready to present on Sunday 5th May.  So I would expect the closing date for ALL voting to be a week or so before the final weekend of the season.

I shall ask @killerjerrylee to confirm this though.

Hope that helps....but remember this is a poll for fans' player of the YEAR ie taking into consideration the players' contributions throughout the current season. 
  • Options
    Taylor all day long. Without him, we're done for
  • Options
    Really wanted to vote for Aribo because we are a much worse team when he’s not on the pitch. He’s our most exciting player, things can happen when he has the ball.

I might have voted for Karlan if he had still been here and continued his scoring streak...

But can’t deny Taylor’s importance to where we are in the league table. We would be mid table at best without him this season.
  • Options
    Phillips - although he has not played as many games as other contenders he has been on the bench which for a goalkeeper must be more difficult to stay positive alert and learn from the other 'keeper plus being ready to step in when needed. Dillon did all these things. As it is important to score goals it is also important not to concede, Dillon has done everything that could be expected of him and done it to a very high standard, plus he is one of our own.

VOTE DILLON
  • Options
    Phillips
  • Options
    This is a year where we need a few more games - Cullen, Taylor and Sarr are too close to call. Aribo and Phillips can't be too far behind.
  • Options
    Taylor -1
    Aribo - 2
    Bauer- 3
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2019
    Taylor by a country mile for a variety of reasons, which is just as well because i think we’d be hard pressed to pick just one player of the year from the rest otherwise 
  • Options
    Why hasn’t ajose got a mention
  • Options
    Bauer
  • Options
    Taylor
  • Options
    Taylor
  • Options
    The first option in the poll due is Nicky Ajose. Not expecting many or really even any votes for him. 
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    For me Taylor is a clear winner but not by a distance if that makes sense.
    Mind you if Bowyer was a registered player, and appeared in a match for 30 seconds I would vote for him, he has worked a miracle.
  • Options
    Typical CAFC that we finally get a striker who can score & the vote goes to a gk who's only played half the season. Behave.
  • Options
    1 - Taylor
    2 - Bauer
    3 - Sarr 

Phillips would possibly have squeezed Sarr out if he played another 5 games, same of Cullen, Aribo or Bielik.
  • Options
    Whoever scores the playoff final winner.