Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Worst ready meal you've had.

2»

Comments

• Options
    Hungry Joes look and sound promising. Bigger portion than your average ready meal too. 

Tasteless crap though. 
  • Options
    Is there such a thing as a good ready meal? 
    Morrisons curry dinner for two is pretty good actually.
  • Options
    Morrisons curry dinner for two is pretty good actually.
    Their Volcanic Vindaloo is nice
  • Options
    I quite like Charlie Bigham ready meals. Their chicken Tikka Masala is particularly good.
  • Options
    My mum’s housebound at the moment and eats a lot of them.

Personally I think they look horrible but she seems to like them.

Someone recommended Wiltshire’s as they deliver. Has anyone had experience of them?
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    Without a doubt Chinese meals from any supermarket. Have not had a good one. Ever. 
  • Options
    1StevieG said:
    Without a doubt Chinese meals from any supermarket. Have not had a good one. Ever. 
    Try Cook frozen meals, there’s a few freezer chests in Ruxley garden centre now or shop in blackheath
  • Options
    Microwaved Pot Noodle. 
    I’m never disappointed after a pot noodle
    This was yesterdays lunch, but no signal where I'm working so didn't upload -

*Kitchen designed, built and installed by me, tiling by me. DM for more info*
  • Options
    Microwaved Pot Noodle. 

White grout on a tiled hob splashback? It’ll end in tears I tell ya. 
  • Options
    Microwaved Pot Noodle. 

White grout on a tiled hob splashback? It’ll end in tears I tell ya. 
    Unbelievable that you should say that. It was going to be grey the whole time, but client was at the property over Christmas (holiday home) and went out and bought white. But this is the same person who bought TWO 450mm slim line dishwashers because a normal sized 600mm didn't fit.....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Microwaved Pot Noodle. 

• Options
    Saga Lout said:
    Vesta curry, close the thread now. :smiley:
    I’d sooner chew a box of Vestas!
  • Options
    Microwaved Pot Noodle. 

Quality boot
  • Options
    Oh god we used to have Vesta curry when hiking and camping. Effing vile. 

Fray bentos pies take some beating. 
    Fray Bentos tinned pies a regular fare in our house as a kid, loved em.  

Often looked at them nostalgically on the shelf next to the tinned spam and frankfurters and wondered if the grey soggy pastry and stringy pieces of gooey beef would still be as delectable as they were back then.  Lost self control and picked one up a while ago.  And yes, tasted like heaven, but unfortunately doesn't fit in with my weight control regime so have to resist the temptation.

• Options

Someone recommended Wiltshire’s as they deliver. Has anyone had experience of them?
    My old mum used to use them, pretty good quality but if mum invites you to dinner expect to stopping at a kebab house on the way home as portions aren't the biggest. 
  • Options
    The advert for Richmond Sausages gets me - they not only look plastic, they bloody well taste plastic too!
  • Options
    T_C_E said:

My old mum used to use them, pretty good quality but if mum invites you to dinner expect to stopping at a kebab house on the way home as portions aren't the biggest. 
    Cheers mate 
  • Options
    My heart always sank whenever I ended up with a boil in the bag curry from a 24 hour ration pack.  The tin of weird cat food they used to put in the old ration packs wasn't too clever either.
  • Options
    Missed It said:
    My heart always sank whenever I ended up with a boil in the bag curry from a 24 hour ration pack.  The tin of weird cat food they used to put in the old ration packs wasn't too clever either.
    Menu A chicken curry, always eaten cold, the range card on the box tasted better!  
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    Andouiette in Paris.  Unknown or unmentionable animal parts in a sausage skin, and it wasn't a nice sausage skin.
    Undoubtedly one of the most disgusting thing I have tried to eat. Pig offal including stomach chopped up and stiffed in the pigs intestines!

My wife calls it pig asshole sausage and that is exactly what it smells and tastes like.

Here’s a good and funny description: https://www.stuff.co.nz/travel/themes/food/93481824/andouillette-one-of-the-things-you-must-never-try-eating-in-france
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2019
    Only one I haven't been able to eat was a seafood tagliatelle from Sainsburys once, weird pink sauce in it smelled rank.

I used to be partial to a Rustlers burger when the metabolism was better - got to toast the bun though. Frey Bentos sounds great from that description, never had one. 
  • Options
    Oh god we used to have Vesta curry when hiking and camping. Effing vile. 

Fray bentos pies take some beating. 
    Fray Bentos tinned pies a regular fare in our house as a kid, loved em.  

Often looked at them nostalgically on the shelf next to the tinned spam and frankfurters and wondered if the grey soggy pastry and stringy pieces of gooey beef would still be as delectable as they were back then.  Lost self control and picked one up a while ago.  And yes, tasted like heaven, but unfortunately doesn't fit in with my weight control regime so have to resist the temptation.

Used to love Fray Bentos S&K pies as a kid. Succumb to them now and then but, oh! the fkn headache the next day. What do they put in em?

• Options
    The day I decided to give up meat was when I did a ready made chicken pie in the oven before going off to the Valley.
    It was dry, it was rank.
    The following Wednesday I had a salmon sandwich from M&S which was also (to my surprise) vile.
    No meat or fish since then.