Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Live - PODCAST HERE - Donny reaction with Lee Bowyer + Roland statement fallout

edited March 2019 in General Charlton
Listen live via our website here - http://www.charltonlive.co.uk/listen-live/ or if that doesn't work, via the tune in website here - https://tunein.com/radio/Charlton-Live-s268151/ - or via the Tune In app on your mobile phone/tablet.

Join us at 7pm or via the podcast afterwards as we look back at the draw with Donny. We'll hear the highlights and Lee Bowyer's full post-match interview. We'll also discuss the fallout from Roland's statement during the week and hear what Bowyer made of that. Some of the chaps recorded an away day diary yesterday and we've got an interview with Naby Sarr to play as well.

Let us know what you made of yesterday's game and also what you want to say about Roland's bright idea.

Contact the studio - 

Email studio@charltonlive.co.uk
tweet @CharltonLive 
or Comment in this thread

Comments

• Options
    edited March 2019
    Good result  in my eyes being away and it keeps the gap we have between us and them. They needed to win a lot more than us. One of our best performances for a while too. Could have gone either way in the end, lots of chances at both ends, overall a draw was probably fair. A bit worrying though that it's another game where one of our players have failed to score. 5 goals in 7 now, with one being an OG. Taylor has not played well since Grant left and missed two big chances yesterday which is worrying, need him back at his best ASAP. Interesting that Grant has done better at Huddersfield than Taylor has for Charlton since Grant moved. Perhaps  Grant was more crucial than we thought.

Good to see the defence was relatively solid again yesterday other than Purrington and another great performance from Phillips. Credit to everyone who traveled yesterday, didn't stop singing once. 
  • Options
    Pleased not to get beat yesterday, but we need to start scoring goals, (lots of them) find a bit of form and put a winning run together.

I thought in the first half we played really well , Donny looked a bit sloppy, perhaps tired from their game in the week, then upped their game a lot in the 2nd half.

Pompey at home on Saturday will be another tough match, but we must go into it with confidence and not fear.

I would love for us to come out of the traps and be 2 or 3 up by half time, rather than playing a cagey, tense first half, be more bold Lee, and take the game to them!

The players have the ability, and need to show more belief in themselves.

How that bloke I can’t mention , who takes up 2 per cent of my time, thinks Charlton are a bunch of graffiti sporting artists is beyond me, they were handing round lemon drizzle cake,and bread and butter pudding on our supporters coach!

The geezer is a donut, full of Belgium waffle!