Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Protest against Roland at the Portsmouth match

Comments

• Options
    Needs to be Belgium needs to be specifically targeted to him 

follow him playing trumpets if you like or just a big contingent walking behind in front alongside him, his family his friends everywhere he goes for the whole time your there until the next set of fans turn up and take over from the first , step and repeat until the rat can’t take a shit or his friends and family are screaming at him and the fans to stop 

he is close real close to cracking 
  • Options
    I suggest we have a full on protest at the Portsmouth game which is live on Sky.
    If all Charlton fans protest and bring their mates the extra revenue he gets net of costs and VAT will be somewhere close to the extra costs he pays out for security.

If he makes £20K in the scheme of things so what ?

Let's let him have it live on TV. Paper planes are good as is anything that is not dangerous such as rolled up socks.
    Yep, no need to go anywhere. Just one person on the pitch to stop the game. Crowd to join in with the 'we want roland out'. Seen and heard. Job done.
    I volunteer you to leg it onto the pitch.

Once you have been knicked and given a years ban from Charlton you can accompany me on my non-league hops.
    Fair point but at my age it's not the thought of being nicked and banned that stops me just the fact it would only take about 5 seconds for the stewards to catch me.
  • Options
    I think we should crash the pitch and refuse to leave.

This only work if enough people do it so noone gets arrested as there would be to many people
    Take it you will lead the charge?
    Provided there was enough interest why not.

What i am not gonna do is do it if only.a handful do as I dont want to get arrested thanks
    Probably best not to encourage others to break the law then...
  • Options
    Turn up in White bib and brace with it wasn't me spray painted on front and back.
  • Options
    Still think the best way to get at RD is for all Charlton females in attendance and over the age on 20 should streak. This will not only force RD's hand, but show the world the club is inclusive. Now, I'm not going to be in UK to hold the auditions for this until the end of March, so can I suggest Luton home for this to take place?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2019
    Just my twopenny worth, protests on the pitch at the sky televised home game i think could be counter-productive and to some extent playing into the deluded old fools hands, you can just imagine him saying " See I told you so huh, they protest and it put off buyers". However protests from the stands (not lobbing stuff on the pitch) as per @Fanny Fanackapan suggestion above with chants etc all coordinated and some banners asking the EFL how the mad buffoon passed the 'Fit and proper persons test'. The need to keep yesterdays rant in the eyes of the media, must, in my opinion, be done without any disruption to the game itself, we don't want to give him the chance to blame the supporters for failure, he needs to understand the failure is his and his alone. @nth london addick and others have suggested that Belgium is where it hurts him the most, so how about a combination of both across the weekend?
  • Options
    Yes, lets deal with this serious problem by being sexist and offensive.
  • Options

follow him playing trumpets if you like or just a big contingent walking behind in front alongside him, his family his friends everywhere he goes for the whole time your there until the next set of fans turn up and take over from the first , step and repeat until the rat can’t take a shit or his friends and family are screaming at him and the fans to stop 

Billboards all around his home town listing his moments of madness and destruction of a once proud football club.
  • Options

Billboards all around his home town listing his moments of madness and destruction of a once proud football club.
    I was just gonna ask how much would one of those billboard vans cost to hire for a weekend.
    Take a tour of Belgium planning it to visit where big crowds are expected. The bigger clubs home games, the Belgian cup final (if there is one) or even an international game. And of course a visit to key businesses in and around stayern.
  • Options
    They are quite expensive, I think this has been looked into. There is also the issue of his influence that would probably prevent such a billboard going up, or if it did, result in it being taken down. One thing that might be worth investigating is private homes and businesses in the town who might be willing to display anti-duchatelet media for a small consideration. 
  • Options
    Need loads of cards with please buy us. 
  • Options
    redbuttle said:
    Need loads of cards with please buy us on and hold them up .That will make him sell the club . Lol

• Options

I was just gonna ask how much would one of those billboard vans cost to hire for a weekend.
    Take a tour of Belgium planning it to visit where big crowds are expected. The bigger clubs home games, the Belgian cup final (if there is one) or even an international game. And of course a visit to key businesses in and around stayern.
    I have looked at this in a lot of detail. Quick answer - loads, and too much. That's what eventually led us to doing the "Taxi for Roland" thing in Oct 16 - much cheaper overall and more eye-catching, as Belgians did a double-take when a London taxi rolled past them.
  • Options
    A massive banner of the Valley with John Inman's head " I'm free"

Even bigger than the Hales/Che Guevara banner back in the day.

No problem with creative action, Just Duchatelet is being hoist by his own petard so let him continue to denigrate himself,
    and let the football flow.

• Options
    edited March 2019
    Is there any way to legally disrupt the SKY coverage rather than the match itself? 

Not a good idea!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018–19_Belgian_Cup#Final

Gent v Mechelen on 1st May
  • Options
    Relentless anti Roland chanting throughout the game, yes.
    Banners and/or coordinated signage where the satellite cameras can see them (i.e. north & west stands), yes.
    Match disruption not such a good idea - it's been done, roly's not listening and the EFL isn't interested.
    Given the profile the sad old crackpot has now given this issue, the broadcaster will surely be up for airing the fans' views, won't they?  With the existing contacts and relationships some primetime coverage must be available, to better sell the club to the interested parties
  • Options
    Relentless anti Roland chanting throughout the game, yes.
    Banners and/or coordinated signage where the satellite cameras can see them (i.e. north & west stands), yes.
    Match disruption not such a good idea - it's been done, roly's not listening and the EFL isn't interested.
    Given the profile the sad old crackpot has now given this issue, the broadcaster will surely be up for airing the fans' views, won't they?  With the existing contacts and relationships some primetime coverage must be available, to better sell the club to the interested parties
    I remain unclear how you could broker any sensible deal with him? We're not dealing with a rational owner.
  • Options
    I suggest we have a full on protest at the Portsmouth game which is live on Sky.
    If all Charlton fans protest and bring their mates the extra revenue he gets net of costs and VAT will be somewhere close to the extra costs he pays out for security.

Let's let him have it live on TV. Paper planes are good as is anything that is not dangerous such as rolled up socks.
    Yep, no need to go anywhere. Just one person on the pitch to stop the game. Crowd to join in with the 'we want roland out'. Seen and heard. Job done.

Once you have been knicked and given a years ban from Charlton you can accompany me on my non-league hops.
    Fair point but at my age it's not the thought of being nicked and banned that stops me just the fact it would only take about 5 seconds for the stewards to catch me.
    As long as 5 seconds?
  • Options

How will you organize that ?
    Effective maybe, realistic I don't think so.
  • Options
    While on the pitch protests don’t make much sense to me for the Pompey game, I’m certain Sky camera operators will be made aware to look out for banners/signs in the stands, ala the crying fan during world cups/ play off finals. 
  • Options

As long as 5 seconds?
    Why does everything have to about sex?
  • Options
    How about a plastic (Roland) Rats protest? It follows the pigs-on-the-pitch theme and is, of course, relevant to dear Roland as well as being symbolic of the 'filthy' owner? Would probably generate decent media interest both visually and conceptually. Would also be heavy enough to get onto the pitch and create a stoppage (assuming that is the objective here).