Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Could CAFC Fans Afford Premier League Season Tickets If We Ever Got Back?

edited February 2019 in General Charlton
I decided to crunch some data. I looked at season ticket prices for all PL clubs in 2018-19 and made some guesses.  I assume our season tickets in the PL would be in the lower half of ticket prices in the PL but not too low given we are London. Using this data and guessing a little, I have come up with the following estimates of what CAFC might charge for Adult tickets if we ever made it back.

Zone 1 (West /East) : £999
Zone 2 (W/E): £699
Zone 3: (W/E, NWQ, Upper North): £599
Zone 4: Family, Lower North : £399

£399 would rank as the 6th lowest priced cheap ticket in all the PL. 7th is Everton at £485. The £999 best seats would be about the middle of most expensive, but the cheapest among all London PL clubs. Fulham's most expensive is £1149!

How would this impact you all? Would we even sell out The Valley? Prices have changed a lot since 2007.

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2019
    We won't sell out the Calley, 
  • Options
    Do you have the figures in real currency rather than Monopoly money please? ;)
  • Options
    I decided to crunch some data. I looked at season ticket prices for all PL clubs in 2018-19 and made some guesses.  I assume our season tickets in the PL would be in the lower half of ticket prices in the PL but not too low given we are London. Using this data and guessing a little, I have come up with the following estimates of what CAFC might charge for Adult tickets if we ever made it back.

Zone 1 (West /East) : $999
    Zone 2 (W/E): $699
    Zone 3: (W/E, NWQ, Upper North): $599
    Zone 4: Family, Lower North : $399

$399 would rank as the 6th lowest priced cheap ticket in all the PL. 7th is Everton at $485. The $999 best seats would be about the middle of most expensive, but the cheapest among all London PL clubs. Fulham's most expensive is $1149!

How would this impact you all? Would we even sell out The Valley? Prices have changed a lot since 2007.
    If we were to get to the premiership I'd Jack in going.

• Options
    Personally I don’t want to see us back in the top tier under the current set-up (FA’s not Rolland)
    Ridiculous kick off times allied to over the top ticket prices...no thank you!
    Second tier at best will do just fine for me until things return to a more sensible and level playing field.
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    Of the list of all the things to worry about, I honestly think whether I can afford a ST to Charlton in the Premier League, is outside the top few million. 
    This whole board is a waste of time on most topics, so why not mix it up? 1460 pages of false takeover talk has become beyond tedious.
  • Options
    Phil said:
    Personally I don’t want to see us back in the top tier under the current set-up (FA’s not Rolland)
    Second tier at best will do just fine for me until things return to a more sensible and level playing field.
    I find this an interesting take. Is there any chance it will change for the better?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Chizz said:
    Of the list of all the things to worry about, I honestly think whether I can afford a ST to Charlton in the Premier League, is outside the top few million. 
    You wait "two weeks" and the takeover will be completed.
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Chizz said:
    You wait "two weeks" and the takeover will be completed.
    If you are correct on that I will wire you £50 for beer, straight up. Hell, I'll do that if it happens in 30 days. Nothing would make me happier. Unless the consortium is led by Katrien Meire, then the deal is off.

• Options
    _MrDick said:
    This is the most ridiculous/ pointless thread ever. Who thinks we'll ever get back to the premier league 
    That’s a pretty negative comment mate. 
    I’m confident we will get back to the top division, it’s just that by the time we do, money (and Roland) won’t exist anymore...
  • Options
    The club could offer a free PL ticket for life to everyone who has a Championship season ticket the year we get promoted to the PL and with the size of the PL TV income it would make only a small dent in the turnover, so I don't see us charging £999 should we ever get back.
  • Options
    As it would be a one off before our return to Championship, I'd say yes I would pay up. But, agree with others the Premiership is not the dream of many fans that it once was.  Being a Premiership football fan, is now almost like participating in a completely different sport. The kick of Times, the technology, the match day experience, the cost, are all nothing like leauge one. 
  • Options
    Roland would price them at £550 a game concessions £300.  He's a fucking visionary...
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Fumbluff said:
    _MrDick said:
    This is the most ridiculous/ pointless thread ever. Who thinks we'll ever get back to the premier league 
    That’s a pretty negative comment mate. 
    I’m confident we will get back to the top division, it’s just that by the time we do, money (and Roland) won’t exist anymore...
    But what is there to be positive about. I’m coming up to 60. If I ever live to see another season in the Premier League, I will have ‘I love Roland’ tattooed on my arse
  • Options
    I'd have trouble justifying season tickets for myself and my boy. It's not just the money it's the time it takes every week to get to and from the ground and all the other jobs that pile up over the rest of the weekend. Added to that we'd be one of the whipping boys of the division which is pretty dispiriting. I'd  pick and choose my games and probably turn up one game a month max. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We have more chance of emulating Luton 
    (Being top of League 1 ?)

And playing in the National League while we regroup and rise like the Phoenix from the ashes.
  • Options
    By the by the time we get back to the premier league most of us will be watching from beyond the grave!
  • Options
    My hope is that when VAR hits the Prem it levels the playing field somewhat and the “big” sides stop getting the iffy decisions.
  • Options
    Phil said:
    I find this an interesting take. Is there any chance it will change for the better?
    To be honest I agree with Phil; the Premier League is the ultimate plastic Division now and has been so for a long time, have long hated it as a place to be in where your scared to lose so for that reason alone would much rather be in the Football League / Championship

Definitely dont think it'll ever change for the better though; in all honest I reckon it'll continuously get worse

Fans all want their teams to be successful, with that can ultimately be the prize of Premier League football.

Is it enjoyable when you have:-

1/Mountains of games played at kick-off times not suitable.
    2/The possibility of seeing tedious games where you are camped in your own half for 90 minutes, with the possibility of only having one shot on goal.
    3/The costly price of match tickets.

However, it cannot be denied that one season in the Premier League can totally change the structure of the football club, for better or worse.

The moment I want Charlton to go no further than Championship football will be the day I stop going.
  • Options
    I recall when we got relegated from premier league,anyone who bought a season ticket for the championship would get a free season ticket for the premiership when we return,does this still apply(Ha Ha Ha only joking)
  • Options
    Under this clown of an owner, by the time we get there prices will be double that!
  • Options
    Don’t think I’d bother with the kids ST’s if we ever got back to the prem given the lack of Saturday 3pm games 
  • Options
    If we ever got back to the top flight my kids would go without shoes if it meant securing a season ticket.

Would bunk in otherwise over the top of the West. 
  • Options
    It wouldn't matter anyway because all the "Premiership" fans we used to have would return and they can all afford it.