Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Season Over?

Comments

• Options
    iaitch said:

Depends if we get to the playoffs, how can we win games with no goalscorers in the team?

We've got, Reeeeeeeeeeeeeco!

• Options
    edited January 2019
    iaitch said:

Depends if we get to the playoffs, how can we win games with no goalscorers in the team?

Well there’s Taylor and a.n. other striker.
    Aribo can score goals, Fosu used to score goals, but we do seem reluctant to shoot sometimes. ‘Plenty of shots’ should be written on the dressing room walls!
    Fosu was also decent with free kicks but Reeves hasn’t delivered in that department (although I rate him otherwise).

Reeeco showed on Saturday that he actually might be pretty decent.

Anyone remember that goal Sarr scored in the pre season friendlies? There was some video somewhere but can’t find it. He has a very accurate left foot and you’d imagine he’d be decent at free kicks given the chance.

https://youtu.be/I5N0Y5Zp1SA

• Options
    iaitch said:

If we hint got any goalscorers we aren't getting into the play-offs.
  • Options
    The goal I remember Naby scoring was at The Valley in a mid-week pre-season friendly - Brighton, was it?

Just wow!
  • Options
    Hopefully keep going as we are. Stay in our position and a play-off spot will mean a coin toss in each of the three rounds hoping we come out on top at the end.

If Bet365 gave you a free £1000 winning bet, where would you place us 'exactly' after the seasons ends in it's entirety???

I have a sinking feeling it is play-off semi-final failure again.
  • Options

Hopefully keep going as we are. Stay in our position and a play-off spot will mean a coin toss in each of the three rounds hoping we come out on top at the end.

If Bet365 gave you a free £1000 winning bet, where would you place us 'exactly' after the seasons ends in it's entirety???

We’re stronger than last year.
    But you still might be right.
  • Options
    If we can keep doing well despite the loss of Karlan then Bow has to be contender for manager of the year.
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    What loss of Karlan?
  • Options
    Yup, they 'tried hard, but couldn't get it over the line'.

:-)
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

Yup, they 'tried hard, but couldn't get it over the line'.

:-)

Grant penalty?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

JamesSeed said:

We're stronger this year but see the Play-Offs stronger too - Shrewsbury could have been beaten had we taken our chances whilst we'd done the double over Rotherham

One of Sunderland or Barnsley may await in the Semi-Finals or Final this year and question if we can beat them over two or one games
  • Options

JamesSeed said:

We're stronger this year but see the Play-Offs stronger too - Shrewsbury could have been beaten had we taken our chances whilst we'd done the double over Rotherham

One of Sunderland or Barnsley may await in the Semi-Finals or Final this year and question if we can beat them over two or one games
    Barnsley weakens by sales apparently. Sunderland would be tight.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

Barnsley weakens by sales apparently. Sunderland would be tight.
    Would certainly help if Barnsley lose Moore and Pinnock as rumoured

Sunderland I think will be the one side to strengthen more than most by 11pm tomorrow, even with the loss of Maja
  • Options
    Great , now let's move on . As mentioned before by others we have good players at the club , give them a chance . This season has so far been a disaster on the injury situation . players coming back . We should at least be too six .
    Coyr 👍
  • Options

If we can keep doing well despite the loss of Karlan then Bow has to be contender for manager of the year.

Think he is a contender anyway, wherever we finish.

• Options
    Just imagine it's a long term injury... Then the loss feels expected and negligible.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Just imagine it's a long term injury... Then the loss feels expected and negligible.

Dazzler21 said:

and don't we know ALL about long term breaks and hurts ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I seriously doubt whether another £1.5 million is going to change Roly's life -extremely small change to him. I also wouldn't mind betting LB and JJ have already lined up a replacement(s) for Grant.
  • Options
    addick05 said:

I seriously doubt whether another £1.5 million is going to change Roly's life -extremely small change to him. I also wouldn't mind betting LB and JJ have already lined up a replacement(s) for Grant.

Don’t forget, this is the man who tapes his shoes up and drives an old car. He wants every penny he can get. He’ll trouser that ASAP.

IMHO we’ll be getting someone on loan at best. And that’s if Bowyer calls in some favours and is lucky.
  • Options

addick05 said:

Don’t forget, this is the man who tapes his shoes up and drives an old car. He wants every penny he can get. He’ll trouser that ASAP.

IMHO we’ll be getting someone on loan at best. And that’s if Bowyer calls in some favours and is lucky.
    Had to laugh at that one! But seriously, he's losing untold shed loads of money by not selling - so £1.5 is not going to make much of a dent in that.
  • Options
    addick05 said:

addick05 said:

Had to laugh at that one! But seriously, he's losing untold shed loads of money by not selling - so £1.5 is not going to make much of a dent in that.
    He’s paying for the ‘loss’ via his various businesses (Starprix, Melexis etc). He’ll have set this up so he doesn’t actually lose the money (allegedly).
  • Options

addick05 said:

addick05 said:

He’s paying for the ‘loss’ via his various businesses (Starprix, Melexis etc). He’ll have set this up so he doesn’t actually lose the money (allegedly).
    Next to no chance of that.
    It may be possible to offset some CAFC losses against tax on profits on his other companies, but as they are in different countries, I'm not even sure that is possible.
  • Options

addick05 said:

addick05 said:

The money has to come from somewhere.
  • Options

Grant is a loss at this stage of the season, but he is still the same player that was at Crawley last season and was 4th choice last season,

Are you sure? It was Karlan Ahearne Grant that went on loan to Crawley last season. This season we've had Karlan Grant, seemingly a much better player!

The Thais do this: they change their name and hope for a change in their luck in life. Looking forward to a hatful of goals from Reeco Fairchild next season.
  • Options
    I’m hoping Reeco Hackett does the business.
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    Bangkokaddick. Your analogy reminds me of a story England cricket's assistant head coach Paul Farbrace once told me about the time he was head coach of the Sri Lankan cricket team.
    When he arrived in Sri Lanka, their kit supplier provided him with all the necessary branded clothing. When Farby tried on the training gear, he found it too small. So he rang the guy who had given it to him to tell him he needed a larger size. The guy duly turned up and collected all the kit, promising he would be back later that day with the right sized kit.
    A few hours later he returned it all, Farby thanked the guy, and off the man went.
    However, when Farby tried it all on, he found it was still too small. In fact he soon realised it was the same kit. The kit supplier had simply removed the 'large' labels, and replaced them with 'XL' labels.
    As with Karlan Grant, you can change the name, but you're still the same man.
  • Options

I’m hoping Reeco Hackett does the business.

If he can hack it...