Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Options
    Good. Still don't know how Sykes has managed to emerge unscathed.
  • Options
    Embarrassing for their owner.
  • Options

Should have been kicked out of the league.

Lol what's the secret of avoiding that infamy over the last 60 years then? :wink:
  • Options

At the very least. I would actually favour forced liquidation with the brand name abolished to prevent another pheonix from the ashes.

Will the EFL do that? Will they bo..........
  • Options
    Any video of them surrounding the lineman?
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

At the very least. I would actually favour forced liquidation with the brand name abolished to prevent another pheonix from the ashes.

That won't work. Even with a new name their fans will just keep going "Milllllllll........."

What? Oh....

• Options
    I have to say well done to the FA.
    Correct decision.
  • Options
    it seems odd that their keeper's red card appeal was successful yet Taylor's stands .. yet we are not charged .. I suspect the abuse dished out to Taylor as he left the field played a big part in this decision
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

it seems odd that their keeper's red card appeal was successful yet Taylor's stands .. yet we are not charged .. I suspect the abuse dished out to Taylor as he left the field played a big part in this decision

Sykes and Finley were kicking our player and then a few of them wanted to get at the linesman, our players were quite restrained.
  • Options
    edited January 2019

RedChaser said:

Lol what's the secret of avoiding that infamy over the last 60 years then? :wink:
    Good question.

It helps to have an undoubted favouritism shown towards you by all of those Millwall fans in the FA.

You can make sure that you don't actually do anything that warrants that scenario coming to fruition.

For the record, we've been avoiding that infamy for far more years than 60. The first baby we eat was, reportedly, in 1889 :wink:
    Oi, how old do you think I am ffs :wink:
  • Options

bobmunro said:

That won't work. Even with a new name their fans will just keep going "Milllllllll........."

What? Oh....

Where is this place called 'Milllllllll' that you've reported we'll be 'going'?
  • Options
    iaitch said:

Sykes and Finley were kicking our player and then a few of them wanted to get at the linesman, our players were quite restrained.
    thanks .. I wasn't there so only going on the brief pictorial/TV evidence
  • Options
    edited January 2019

Not odd at all.
    Why would we be charged ?
    It was only Taylor and he has already been punished.
    I suspect it was most of their players threatening behaviour towards Taylor, our players generally and the linesman.

I doubt you were there as it's a long old trip to The Valley.
    So you may not have seen their aggression towards the linesman and the "trouble" they started in the tunnel.
  • Options

bobmunro said:

What? Oh....

Where is this place called 'Milllllllll' that you've reported we'll be 'going'?
    In Surrey, just outside Croydon.
  • Options
    edited January 2019

Not odd at all.
    Why would we be charged ?
    It was only Taylor and he has already been punished.
    I suspect it was most of their players threatening behaviour towards Taylor, our players generally and the linesman.
    We'll forget about the alleged earth tremor that shook the tunnel 😉.
  • Options
    iaitch said:

• Options
    edited January 2019
    bobmunro said:

They won’t do it because it’s a ridiculous idea.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Mametz said:

bobmunro said:

They won’t do it because it’s a ridulous idea.
    What makes you say that?

I think it's got legs.
  • Options
    I cannot believe what their manager has said.... Stanley boss John Coleman said Finley had apologised for his actions but said the midfielder did not stamp on Charlton's Taylor.

"What you see doesn't lie, he has got involved like other players have got involved," said Coleman of the incident.

"He has been foolish. I know Sam and there is not a great deal of malice in him.

"He hasn't actually caught the lad but he has put his foot in there where he could endanger someone.

"He knows it is wrong. He has apologised to the club, we had already dealt with it ourselves internally, and any further action we will have to live with it.

If he really doesn't think it was a stamping then what an utter moron he is. Just keep your mouth shut and say that it will be handled internally.

Any respect I had for Accrington has gone straight out of the window.
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    iaitch said:

No doubt in my mind, Accrington have been charged because of their players' conduct towards the officials - particularly the incident with the linesman.

Nothing to do with the Taylor incident.
    They've dealt with that already.

FA will see that they need to show that they protect officials.

• Options
    Oggy Red said:

iaitch said:

No doubt in my mind, Accrington have been charged because of their players' conduct towards the officials - particularly the incident with the linesman.

And what happened after the match...
  • Options

I cannot believe what their manager has said.... Stanley boss John Coleman said Finley had apologised for his actions but said the midfielder did not stamp on Charlton's Taylor.

"What you see doesn't lie, he has got involved like other players have got involved," said Coleman of the incident.

"He has been foolish. I know Sam and there is not a great deal of malice in him.

"He hasn't actually caught the lad but he has put his foot in there where he could endanger someone.

"He knows it is wrong. He has apologised to the club, we had already dealt with it ourselves internally, and any further action we will have to live with it.

If he really doesn't think it was a stamping then what an utter moron he is. Just keep your mouth shut and say that it will be handled internally.

It wasn't a stamp. He raked him, which is wholly unacceptable, but not the same.
  • Options

It wasn't a stamp. He raked him, which is wholly unacceptable, but not the same.
    It was a stamp and a rake but doesn't matter what it was.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

iaitch said:

Shame the ref didn’t protect his colleague at the time.