Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Can We Go Unbeaten Until The End Of The Season?

2»

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2019
    Dazzler21 said:

Ridiculous to even consider it.

Oh Dazzler, just go to bleddy Mansfield. :smile:

This is our "what if" thread for the glass half full people.
  • Options

Highly doubtful but whatever happens this season Bowyer, Jacko & Gallen have put some pride back into club with a thin squad and a shoestring budget. Play offs would be great but if we lose it, we lose it. Be gutting but with this management team the future looks bright.

Would be brighter with new owners of course!

We don't have either a thin squad or shoestring budget. Not in comparison to 3/4 of the teams in our division
  • Options
    Very unlikely to go unbeaten in all our remaining games. And it can be a dangerous aim anyway, as it can encourage negative football, keeping things tight and hoping to nick a goal, when it's wins that will get you promoted.

Under Slade we didn't lose many matches, but drew too many, and hence were mid table when he was removed
  • Options
    nope!
  • Options

No, of course we won't go unbeaten.

But nor will any of our promotion rivals.

• Options
    I reckon Peterborough away is probably our hardest game left.
    It would be fantastic if we could take over 2k fans there and win.
    If we do get three points at Peterborough then automatic promotion could well happen.
  • Options
    I appreciate we have Accrington first, but if we were going into the game against P'boro this weekend, I reckon we'd have a good chance. I still feel confident about next week. Their home form isn't the best. Be a tough game but I reckon we'll get a result
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    Oggy Red said:

No, of course we won't go unbeaten.

But nor will any of our promotion rivals.

This.

I wouldn't be surprised to see both Portsmouth (without Thompson) and Luton without Jones falter.

I don't think they'll fall out of the top 6, but I think they'll struggle to maintain the same form.

I genuinely think it's between those 2, us, Sunderland & Barnsley.

We may be the outside bet, but we can make the top two.

It depends on the transfer window, injuries, form and a slice of luck.
  • Options
    Now you mention it mate. No
  • Options
    PopIcon said:

I don't think we've got out of third gear yet.
    Have to agree with OP, however we're not going to go unbeaten for the rest of the season. Too inconsistent..

I agree! I didn’t think we got out of 1st Saturday and even by that showing we could have won by 6 or 7!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Oggy Red said:

Dazzler21 said:

Ridiculous to even consider it.

Oh Dazzler, just go to bleddy Mansfield. :smile:

This is our "what if" thread for the glass half full people.
    I used to be like you guys... Then RD & co broke me.

:disappointed:
  • Options
    Lee Bowyer said we would win the play offs last year !
    I like Lee's positivity and this Charlton team have a great spirit and attitude but no way with our Injury record can we get to the end of season without losing.
  • Options

I reckon Peterborough away is probably our hardest game left.
    It would be fantastic if we could take over 2k fans there and win.
    If we do get three points at Peterborough then automatic promotion could well happen.

I presume you mean that Peterborough is our hardest away game left as would consider the games at the Valley against Portsmouth and Luton to be harder
  • Options
    Almost certainly not, but then I don't think we have to go unbeaten to get an automatic spot. I reckon 10 wins and 2 or 3 draws out of the last 17 games gets us to 85/86 points which may just be enough, so we can probably afford to lose 2 at most 3 games. A tall order yes but not impossible, although I still think Play-Offs is the likeliest outcome.
  • Options
    Given that Taylor could be missing for 5 of those 17 games, i'd say probably not.
  • Options
    If you asked me last Sunday I would say yes, if you ask me today it would be no. We will have a job going unbeaten in our next three if we have lost Taylor to a suspension.
  • Options

When we win the next 18 games - not just go undefeated - that will give us 104 points. Should be enough to win the title, not just go up automatically.

17 to go now

OK I got it wrong that we would win every game but only 16 to go now.