Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Walsall - Match Thread

Comments

• Options
    Fumbluff said:

vff said:

Aston Villa concede at home. Steer no chance as it’s a great strike

??????
    Steer went back to Villa
    Dammit, does that mean we need to recall AMB?
    I hope it's already been done - he's named on the bench!
  • Options
    45+1 Good save from Phillips to get down and keep out Gordon's effort before the ref finally blows with Taylor down hurt in the opposition's half. Looks like he'll be ok.

#cafc 2 #saddlers 0
  • Options
    45+3 Great defending from Bauer to stop a dangerous Walsall attack in the box.
    Corner Walsall.

#cafc 2 #saddlers 0
  • Options
    Looking very leggy here. Walsall very much back in the game. Need to sort it at HT
  • Options
    And another save straight into Philips breadbasket
  • Options
    45+3 Phillips makes another good stop to get behind Leahy's volley.

#cafc 2 #saddlers 0
  • Options
    Sounds like Phillips has had a good half.

Good for him.
  • Options
    45' - Another good effort on goal, this time from Leahy as his first time effort curls away from Phillips but the Charlton keeper manages to adjust himself and keep hold of the ball.

2-0. #Saddlers 🔴⚪️
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    HT 2-0
  • Options
    HALF TIME | Charlton 2 @WFCOfficial 0.

A rip-roaring start and the Addicks are in control at the half-way stage! 👍 #cafc

• Options
    edited January 2019
  • Options
    It's two from smegging Grant Taylor
  • Options
    Bielik superb
    Phillips very good
    Narby cleared a thunderbolt off the line with his nose and never even blinked.
  • Options
    Walsall right back in it now. Both of our full backs are struggling under pressure.
  • Options
    ross1 said:

vff said:

??????
    Steer called back to Villa, hence Phillips playing for us
    Exactly, which is why should we be the slightest bit interested?

• Options
    Southbank said:

Walsall right back in it now. Both of our full backs are struggling under pressure.

It’s half-time mate.
  • Options

vff said:

??????
    Steer went back to Villa

Do you think I don’t know that?
  • Options
    Gutted I'm missing this, sounds like we are playing well despite the crisis. Who are the standouts?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Southbank said:

Stevenson doing OK but understandably a bit nervous. At least he's getting forward. Dijksteel is painful
  • Options
    Southbank said:

Eh? Have Walsall stayed out there?
  • Options
    Been impressed with Phillips!!... He's a good no.2 at the very least at this level and wont have had much time to prepare for starting this game

As the commentators said, its his first League game since September yet has eased back into this level with ease.

Been equally happy with Albie Morgan, when on the ball he's been comfortable yet off the ball still lacks a little bit of experience which maybe explains why he's not been given more chances with injuries of late - Karlan Grant has been my MOTM so far, has been everywhere, terrorising them with his pace and took his goal with extreme composure.

Special mentions to Sarr and Stevenson, both having a good game out on the left of defence as could argue its our weakest / most inexperienced area on the pitch
  • Options
    Good first half!

Our passing has been excellent, Walsall haven't threatened much apart from a couple of late efforts - one well blocked by BeckenSarr the Enforcer, the other bringing about a quality save from Phillips.

2-0 flatters Walsall a bit, our play has deserved more. As usual, however, we aren't scoring the goals we should be.

I hope we carry on with the same style in the second half and give our goal difference a welcome boost.

Lord Bowyer's Red & White Army!
  • Options

OK, is this the game we give someone a battering?

THIS. Should have put them to the sword 1st half. Stop pissing about with it & go for goal ffs !! If we let them back in it will be a disgrace. Good teams would win this 4 or 5 nil.
  • Options
    Great header off the line by Sarr.
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:

Southbank said:

Eh? Have Walsall stayed out there?
    That's why they're now on top.
  • Options
    Just incase it’s not been put up yet. 1st goal
  • Options
    Don't know what possessed me I ordered Chinese last night and is takin it's revenge today, Jesus hope that chicken was not roadkill.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!