Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Arise Sir Alastair Cook.

2»

Comments

• Options
    Sure Gower would have been knighted but for his naughty flyby and not giving a shit
  • Options

Sure Gower would have been knighted but for his naughty flyby and not giving a shit

I would suggest his awful captaincy record (two whitewashes from the West Indies and the abysmal 89 Ashes debacle) as well as his petulance and disrespect of his replacement contributed to the fact his OBE has not yet been upgraded to a knighthood.
  • Options
    More or less what I said lol
  • Options

He’s been made a Lord instead!

• Options
    I think you have to be careful not to overplay Cook's Ashes record. While his form in 2010/11 was legendary, in his other tours down under England were stuffed, with two 5-0 whitewashes (one as Captain) and a 4-0. His own form was nothing special either

2006/07 - 276 @ 26.70
    2013/14 - 246 @ 24.60
    2017/18 - 376 @ 47.00 - one massive knock and 8 failures

On current numbers, you'd expect Joe Root to exceed Cook's total for runs, if not in Tests then certainly in ALL international cricket - he has nearly 5000 runs in ODIs already
  • Options
    More or less what I said lol

He’s been made a Lord instead!

Don’t think so. That’s reserved for the likes of Jonathan Redwood who has refused to agree to vote through deal on current knighthood arghh politics, have been busted lol