Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Aren't we just slightly over reacting?

Comments

• Options
    RedChaser said:

Been interesting to see the complete split in the fanbase on this

Yeh but how many of them going to Blackpool?
    ask @bertpalmer to do a survey to get a real view.
  • Options
    Bert, do a survey please
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

F@ck all
  • Options

How about a poll ?
  • Options
    Redhenry said:

i thought Terry Smith summed it up well on the Charlton live podcast

What did he say?
  • Options
    @KillersBeard hit the nail on the head on Charlton Live last night when he pointed out that we are not like the rest of the League one clubs bar Coventry and Blackpool in terms of the state our club is in under the Douchbag. We are thin on the ground squad wise and shouldn't be compared to the clubs around us who put out stronger sides at the weekend. RD wants promotion to get more of his money back so who knows what discussion was had with Bowyer pre match. Maybe Bowyer is on a big Rolly bonus (because we know he loves a bonus) to get us up, hows that for a conspiracy theory :open_mouth: .

Bowyer's comments to Louis didn't do himself any favours immediately after the game but he was a bit more contrite in a subsequent interview. Those that have the time and inclination. have a listen to the podcast check it out and you might have a different take on things. I was there on Saturday, I care, I want us to win every game, I was disappointed. However I also don't want see to avoidable risks taken which would hinder our chances, however slight that may be, of promotion particularly if that means the old scrote having a more willing buyer for a Championship club.
  • Options
    So the moral of the story is to not bother going to any of the rounds of any cup competition we play in, next season, or any season, until it starts to get serious?
  • Options

So the moral of the story is to not bother going to any of the rounds of any cup competition we play in, next season, or any season, until it starts to get serious?

That's what happens anyway isn't it?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

RedChaser said:

ask @bertpalmer to do a survey to get a real view.
    I've done my own survey...

1) Likes where posts are criticising Bowyer/decision ........ lots.
    2) Likes where posts are backing Bowyer/decision........ not a lot.
  • Options
    MrLargo said:

I don't think what happened on Saturday sets a precedent for any other season. I normally love a cup run, despite the fact that the FA Cup has been ruined. Our club needs to be sold urgently though - being in the third or fourth round of the cup isn't going to persuade anyone to buy us, but being in contention for promotion just might, and nothing should jeopardise that. I am genuinely surprised that people feel differently.

Next season, I pray that Roland's gone and that our new owner has invested in the squad sufficiently to ensure that, even if we field a weakened side like everyone else does, it's still a competitive side.
    Admin: Could somebody take a look at MrLargo's account as I think it's been hacked. His last few posts on here have been very sensible and made no reference to Trains, South Eastern, shitting on platforms, locking South Eastern staff in dark rooms or American women.

Worrying times.

#wewantlargoback
  • Options
    If we do go up to Championships for next season, then i dont think we should play any players that are any good for the whole season, just in case they get injured and wont be able to play for the following season when we are back in L1.
  • Options

If we do go up to Championships for next season, then i dont think we should play any players that are any good for the whole season, just in case they get injured and wont be able to play for the following season when we are back in L1.

We’ve tried that approach a few times in the past.
  • Options
    I was in the camp should of played a stronger team but half expected it and choose not to go on the back of that. I have now just read Bowyers reasons and sort of changed my mind , although dont really make it right and shows the Roland affect i do understand.
  • Options
    the draw will also play a big part in this if huddersfield at home comes out nobody will care if spurs/arsenal/chelsea away comes out then people will be rightfully fuming, supporting charlton in recent years hasnt given us much need to cheer so little games like this can raise the fanbase.
  • Options

MrLargo said:

I don't think what happened on Saturday sets a precedent for any other season. I normally love a cup run, despite the fact that the FA Cup has been ruined. Our club needs to be sold urgently though - being in the third or fourth round of the cup isn't going to persuade anyone to buy us, but being in contention for promotion just might, and nothing should jeopardise that. I am genuinely surprised that people feel differently.

Next season, I pray that Roland's gone and that our new owner has invested in the squad sufficiently to ensure that, even if we field a weakened side like everyone else does, it's still a competitive side.
    Admin: Could somebody take a look at MrLargo's account as I think it's been hacked. His last few posts on here have been very sensible and made no reference to Trains, South Eastern, shitting on platforms, locking South Eastern staff in dark rooms or American women.

Worrying times.

#wewantlargoback
    Don't worry Mike, it's just because it was the weekend and I was still in a good mood when I get to work because this morning's train was only 8 minutes late and merely uncomfortably overcrowded rather than dangerously so. The anger will be back sooner rather than later.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Why did Bowyer bother with a reasonably strong side in the replay against Mansfield? Knowing that we were playing Doncaster next up and he would probably field a team to lose in that one.
  • Options
    It was a shit show that’s for sure.

I was trying to remember what me and Roo did on Saturday afternoon in the traditional ‘how was your weekend’ chats with work colleagues.

There was a large blank for Saturday afternoon, All I had was the knowledge hadn’t gone Christmas shopping, bought the Christmas tree or cleaned up the dog shit from the garden.

In hindsight all of these tasked would have been a better and more enjoyable use of my time.

Won’t be going to a cup game again.
  • Options
    1905 said:

Why did Bowyer bother with a reasonably strong side in the replay against Mansfield? Knowing that we were playing Doncaster next up and he would probably field a team to lose in that one.

Wasnt Taylor played because he'd have been out of action for three weeks (between the Walsall and Burton games) and so Bowyer didnt want him losing any sharpness?
  • Options

Not interesting but very sad how many people appear desparate for a big day out, irrespective of the possible consequences to our paper thin squad.
  • Options
    with others taylor going off to monserrat to play sunday league football at best does not help
  • Options
    i.e. Bauer played that game because it was his first back from injury whilst the only other real difference was Reeves played on Saturday whilst Fosu played against Mansfield so in reality the team that faced Doncaster wasnt much weaker than the replay

Mansfield:
    Phillips - Dijksteel - Bauer - Sarr - Stevenson - Pratley - Lapslie - Fosu - Clarke - Taylor - Ajose

Doncaster:
    Phillips - Dijksteel - Sarr - Stevenson - Marshall - Lapslie - Clarke - Ajose - Maloney - Hackett-Fairchild - Reeves

Those in bold played just one of the two games.

Imagine that had Pratley been fit he'd have played instead of Maloney
  • Options

1905 said:

Wasnt Taylor played because he'd have been out of action for three weeks (between the Walsall and Burton games) and so Bowyer didnt want him losing any sharpness?
    Yep, agreed. But I thought Mansfield was strong even if you exclude Taylor?
  • Options

Not interesting but very sad how many people appear desparate for a big day out, irrespective of the possible consequences to our paper thin squad.
    Or why they cant have a big day out at the likes of Portsmouth or Blackpool which'll effectively be bigger matches
  • Options

1905 said:

He played in the international break. Indeed with the air miles he flew, he would have been the most physically tired of the squad.
  • Options
    I'm reminded of the old joke where a man is being interviewed for a job. It's all going swimmingly and the interview decides to wrap things up with one last question. "What do you think is your biggest weakness?" he asks.

The man replies "honesty."

The interviewer is a bit puzzled, "I don't think honesty is a weakness."

The man replies "I don't give a f@ck what you think"

We all know why Bowyer picked the team he did, it's not rocket science. Better management of expectation and a less blunt post match interview would have avoided a lot of this aggro.