Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Options
    I would highly recommend a visit to Bletchley Park.
  • Options
    RIP and Thank You
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    Solidgone said:

I would highly recommend a visit to Bletchley Park.

I visited a few years back.....absolutely fascinating and to think that there are still so many more incredible stories as yet unable to be told.
    As time goes bye, bit by bit, more will be revealed......frustratingly for yours truly,I will be pushing up the daisies and never get to hear the half of it.
    Every true Brit should make a point of visiting IMHO.......how on earth do people have the brains and ability to have graced that establishment is beyond belief, what heroes with British blood flowing through every vein in their bodies. To a man/woman they have kept faithful to their official secrets oath and taken their secrets to the grave......as frustrating as that is, it is nevertheless so very admirable.
    I say a huge thank you and salute you all.
  • Options
    RIP Trumpers, on the opposite side of the political fence to me, but a true and honourable politician. The present lot in the house are not fit to lace her corset.
    Anyone interested in Bletchley and the codebreakers, read this:- Between Silk and Cyanide: A Codemaker's War 1941–1945 by Leo Marks, its a memoir by former Special Operations Executive cryptographer Leo Marks, an outstanding read.
  • Options
    I met her once many moons ago at a charity do at the RICS building in Great George Street.

Couldn't believe the size of the cigar she was smoking.

RIP