Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Youtube Channel of a Charlton Fan

2»

Comments

• Options

Rob7Lee said:

Rob7Lee said:

Thanks by the way, got my Taylor guitar GS mini off it's stand for the 1st time in about 3 years and now playing fake plastic trees!

I'm guessing you perform too, then?
    Not for far too many years,

Rob7Lee said:

Not bad young man, not bad at all :smile:

Tough business to break into so the very best of luck with it. Do you gig?

Look forward to hearing more. Your voice would suit some pink floyd. Maybe wish you were here. Or a bit of Bowie, Starman maybe or Space Oddity.

I don't gig just yet, after moving house tomorrow, the first thing I'm going to do is go to all the local pubs and see about live music. Do you know of any good places?

I'll look into those songs, tgank you for the suggestions, I'm making a list at the moment of songs to learn, so I'll add them. Thanks,
    Jack
    where are you moving to?
    In the Bexleyheath area. I can still go to home games, don't worry😂.

Do you sing?
    Nope, can’t sing for toffee!!

I’d have a look what open mikes are around the area or team up with some gigging musicians, look up the guitarist Simon Eyre.
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:

Rob7Lee said:

Rob7Lee said:

Thanks by the way, got my Taylor guitar GS mini off it's stand for the 1st time in about 3 years and now playing fake plastic trees!

Rob7Lee said:

Look forward to hearing more. Your voice would suit some pink floyd. Maybe wish you were here. Or a bit of Bowie, Starman maybe or Space Oddity.

I don't gig just yet, after moving house tomorrow, the first thing I'm going to do is go to all the local pubs and see about live music. Do you know of any good places?

I'll look into those songs, tgank you for the suggestions, I'm making a list at the moment of songs to learn, so I'll add them. Thanks,
    Jack
    where are you moving to?

Do you sing?

I’d have a look what open mikes are around the area or team up with some gigging musicians, look up the guitarist Simon Eyre.
    Ok, sure
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:

Rob7Lee said:

Rob7Lee said:

Rob7Lee said:

Jack
    where are you moving to?

Do you sing?

Would you consider yourself more of a lead guitarist then?
  • Options
    The Rose and Crown in welling is only a small pub but often have live music on, worth trying
  • Options

The Rose and Crown in welling is only a small pub but often have live music on, worth trying

Yeah Ok, I'll give them a call tomorrow
  • Options
    Got a gig on the 25th November at the King's Arms in Bexleyheath. Come and watch. Will be playing Fake Plastic Trees for sure!
  • Options
    Hey, so I just wanted to give everyone an update.

Thanks to a lot of other Charlton fans and support from friends, I managed to reach 100 subscribers recently. I now have 10 videos up, 7 covers, 2 originals and a Q&A. I'll leave a link below😊

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWfpd-ZOBmsihs_6NQz6BgA
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hey everyone The young lad who sits(stands) behind me in the covered end has a youtube channel, he wants to be a musician but needs more subscribers, was chatting to him at the game tonight as we was watching the match and I promised him I would start a thread on here. Please if you have youtube subscribe to his channel and get the word around and help out a fellow addick to achieve his dream. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWfpd-ZOBmsihs_6NQz6BgA
    This is my Youtube channel. As Paul said, I'm trying to potentially start a music career and I have to start somewhere and if I don't self-promote, I won't get anywhere. Any contributions to the account will be appreciated Shoutout to Paul for making this thread, very kind of him, thank you. #COYA
    What kind of music do you like?

I know a man that has a musical background...who also did songs for Charlton....and is also a bit of a Simon cowell...

Might be able to guide you in some way. I assume you might be a late teen?

@3blokes is the bloke.

DM him. (It's also his birthday)
  • Options
    Love seeing this type of stuff.

Music is something I love and would be happy to jam with any lifers.

My new single comes out next month, previous have come 31 and 42 on the Singer/Songwriter charts on iTunes. So hoping this one does better. 

Will subscribe to JD's channel once I'm home.
  • Options
    I've written loads of songs but I'm a terrible singer.

Accoustic and electric.

I'm fine with it and inventive.

If anyone wants to take a punt and risk it with a biscuit, get in touch.

Forming a band is something I've personally always wanted. I have too many ideas.
  • Options
    Dave2l said:
    Hey everyone The young lad who sits(stands) behind me in the covered end has a youtube channel, he wants to be a musician but needs more subscribers, was chatting to him at the game tonight as we was watching the match and I promised him I would start a thread on here. Please if you have youtube subscribe to his channel and get the word around and help out a fellow addick to achieve his dream. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWfpd-ZOBmsihs_6NQz6BgA
    This is my Youtube channel. As Paul said, I'm trying to potentially start a music career and I have to start somewhere and if I don't self-promote, I won't get anywhere. Any contributions to the account will be appreciated Shoutout to Paul for making this thread, very kind of him, thank you. #COYA
    What kind of music do you like?

I know a man that has a musical background...who also did songs for Charlton....and is also a bit of a Simon cowell...

Might be able to guide you in some way. I assume you might be a late teen?

@3blokes is the bloke.

DM him. (It's also his birthday)
    Thank you very much!

I like lots of kinds of music. I much prefer writing songs on an acoustic guitar and seeing where I can take them. My favourite artist has to be U2, but strangely it doesn't really reflect in my music.

Can I ask your name so that I can mention you sent me?

So is he a musician too?

I won't disturb him on his birthday, but I will make sure to DM him tomorrow for sure.

Thanks,
    Jack
  • Options

My new single comes out next month, previous have come 31 and 42 on the Singer/Songwriter charts on iTunes. So hoping this one does better. 

That's really cool! 

I want to be doing what you're doing!

Can I ask what your name is so I can listen to your music?
  • Options
    Dave2l said:

Accoustic and electric.

Forming a band is something I've personally always wanted. I have too many ideas.
    So are you a guitarist then?

My band and I have been writing a song, but we only see each other every Friday, which is quite frustrating, cus we can't get huge amounts done
  • Options
    edited March 2019

That's really cool! 

Course mate, I do it all independent with a bit of help from friends.

Taught myself how to produce etc, one of the best things I did!

Yeah course, it's Sean Simmons, my new single is out next month here: bit.ly/SSHollywood but you can listen on Spotify, I would recommend It's Over ;) 

If you've got facebook, instagram or anything, you can always reach out on there mate! 

How old are you? Should come down to some open mic nights I know.
  • Options
    Dave2l said:

Accoustic and electric.

Let's form a Charlton band! ;) We can be known as The Rats
  • Options
    Dave2l said:

Accoustic and electric.

Let's form a Charlton band! ;) We can be known as The Rats
    Great idea! 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just direct messaged you Jack.
  • Options
    And if you need backing singers, I’m sure the “Three Blokes From F Block” choir could reform  :)
  • Options
    Solidgone said:
    And if you need backing singers, I’m sure the “Three Blokes From F Block” choir could reform  :)
    Claus Jensen was a decent guitarist. 

That's not a joke. He actually was.
  • Options
    Dave2l said:

Accoustic and electric.

• Options
    Dave2l said:

Accoustic and electric.

Life on the road.

🤔
  • Options

That's really cool! 

Course mate, I do it all independent with a bit of help from friends.

Taught myself how to produce etc, one of the best things I did!

Yeah course, it's Sean Simmons, my new single is out next month here: bit.ly/SSHollywood but you can listen on Spotify, I would recommend It's Over ;) 

If you've got facebook, instagram or anything, you can always reach out on there mate! 

How old are you? Should come down to some open mic nights I know.
    I listened to your music, it's fun!

You've produced your music really well! 

I've got Instagram and Facebook, but I never use Facebook, but here's my IG:

@jdschwab02

I'm 16, but if anyone asks, I'm 18 when I need to get into some open mic nights😂. What open mic nights do you know to be good?

• Options
    Jack is overall a very good musician and singer. Especially for someone of his age. 

He has a lot of soul.

I believe in making the most out of things. I'm trying to set up some connections for Jack.

Hoping to hear back from someone soon and get a confirmed answer from them.

I am not the man with all the answers. I do not sign musicians.

I am just one person. What I will say though is that the bloke COULD get a record deal.

It is just about what he does from this point going forward.

He's an impressive lad.
  • Options
    Dave2l said:
    Jack is overall a very good musician and singer. Especially for someone of his age. 

He has a lot of soul.

I believe in making the most out of things. I'm trying to set up some connections for Jack.

Hoping to hear back from someone soon and get a confirmed answer from them.

I am not the man with all the answers. I do not sign musicians.

I am just one person. What I will say though is that the bloke COULD get a record deal.

It is just about what he does from this point going forward.

He's an impressive lad.
    If you get a record deal @jdschwab02 dont forget me haha, I posted your channel on here and want a cut lol