Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Where's the annual moan about Halloween thread?

Comments

• Options

Carter said:

I'll say this

Every single one of the kids that have knocked on the door tonight have been a joy, dressed up very polite and like someone else said, they needed encouragement to take more sweets than just one

Its not my cup of tea and never really has been but I can absolutely see why parents and kids do it

You can swap them for the kids round where I live - they'd be robbing your house....
    Depends on the kids mate, we've got our share of arseholes round my way I promise you

Knee high zombies and vampires I can just about handle though
  • Options

Carter said:

I'll say this

Every single one of the kids that have knocked on the door tonight have been a joy, dressed up very polite and like someone else said, they needed encouragement to take more sweets than just one

Its not my cup of tea and never really has been but I can absolutely see why parents and kids do it

You can swap them for the kids round where I live - they'd be robbing your house....
    Where do you live out of interest?
    St Truiden - just moved in with a Belgian mate. Nice bloke - apparently owns a football club?

Local kids think he's a vampire ...
    Seriously, where do you live?
  • Options

Carter said:

I'll say this

St Truiden - just moved in with a Belgian mate. Nice bloke - apparently owns a football club?

Greenwich.
  • Options

Carter said:

I'll say this

Mate I reckon over the last couple of hours I’ve crossed paths with 200+ kids. Can honestly say hand on heart I didn’t cross a single one that was not polite, courteous and not greedy.

I live in a two primary school catchment area so appreciate I’m talking under 12s, but can assure that people would be pleasantly surprised just how polite and grateful kids can be.

On a side note, there are some severely talented people around. Some of the pumpkin carvings were unbelievable !
    There were some great pumpkins round our way too. One neighbour had scooped the inside out and had it cascading out of the mouth like puke.
  • Options
    Well between me and my wife being home our door was knocked on about 20 times, that’s probably about standard for every year, and I have never known a single time kids knocking asking for cash. They’d be wearing a pumpkin head if they did.
  • Options

Well between me and my wife being home our door was knocked on about 20 times, that’s probably about standard for every year, and I have never known a single time kids knocking asking for cash. They’d be wearing a pumpkin head if they did.

The vast majority of kids near me are fine - it's just a small number of little ****s. It's fine if you manage to avoid them.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Quite sad actually, walking home from Station I’ve passed just two houses out of 100+ houses with pumpkins, decorations on display. Going to be slim pickings for the kids

Going strong in my rd in Sundridge Park mate. Most houses have pumpkins inc ours and kids with their parents everywhere. Baby dressed up in his Halloween costume for nursery and when I picked him up, all the nursery workers had made some sort of effort and they were off to watch Halloween at the cinema tonight, paid by the nursery boss. What’s there not to like.
    Sundridge Park? What do they give out to the kids there mate? Lindt balls and Ferrero Rocher? lol
    😂😂😂 not at the Burnt ash end that I live in!!! Little scamps have to make do with mini mars bars. Why my missus bought so many god only knows 🙈
  • Options
    As I was walking down the alley that leads to my house there were a couple of people behind me on the phone ‘yeah yeah mate just coming into that road now will meet you there and then we’ll start’ as I got to my front door I turned to see they were prob about 15/16 completely in black with hoods up and as they glanced over at me one was wearing a balaclava under his hood. Might be totally innocent, but I went in to my house, shut the curtains and turned off outside light.
    I think it was too late for any kids down our road to knock anyway. Would be different if we had kids perhaps but I can’t say I’m a fan.
  • Options
    Fuck me I'm sick of chocolate!
  • Options
    No one called tonight so looks like we'll be eating sweets for a few days!
  • Options

As I was walking down the alley that leads to my house there were a couple of people behind me on the phone ‘yeah yeah mate just coming into that road now will meet you there and then we’ll start’ as I got to my front door I turned to see they were prob about 15/16 completely in black with hoods up and as they glanced over at me one was wearing a balaclava under his hood. Might be totally innocent, but I went in to my house, shut the curtains and turned off outside light.
    I think it was too late for any kids down our road to knock anyway. Would be different if we had kids perhaps but I can’t say I’m a fan.

They obviously didn’t fancy a trip up to Boro tonight then!!!! :wink:
  • Options

Carter said:

I'll say this

Bit pushy there @AFKABartram! You’ll never make a good stalker if you have to ask where they live mate!! :wink:
  • Options
    I already knew where he lived as I’ve traced his IP address and hacked into his webcam.

Obviously I can’t tell him that, so I was throwing him off the scent.
  • Options

Kids love it so I love it. Left work early so I can enjoy going round with them.

Swear all those people that moan about it don’t even get impacted by it. It’s rare that anyone knocks on your door unless you’ve got a pumpkin / decorations on show.

Good bit of neighbourhood spirit on display and all for what, the price of a bag of funsize

You wait till you get to my age
  • Options
    The missus took the kids out as too late by time I got home.

Think the rule should be if you are old enough to do it without your parents with you, then you are too old to be doing it.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    I used to enjoy Halloween when we lived in Bexleyheath and the kids were younger, pumpkins, dressing up etc.

We live in the country now down a lane with no pavements or street lighting which is not ideal for little ones in the dark so sadly don’t get involved anymore.
  • Options
    Top tip, put a sweet bucket on your front step with a single bag of sweets glued to the bottom. Turn off all the lights, leave the door open on the latch and wait for the trick or treaters. Just when they're totally obsessed with the stuck sweet, open the door and shout trick or treat.

Guaranteed to make them sh1t their pants...or run to mummy crying.
  • Options

One of my 4 wanted to do it , I had zero interest (as a hermit who hates people) interacting with people ,so he was sent off with mother in law and family friends with their kids to do it and thoroughly enjoyed it .
    Wife came through Epping after the gym and went to Tesco’s and there was old bill everywhere as the not so local yooths (well I’m sure they don’t come from round here what what) were in the high street letting off fireworks that were flying about dangerously and there were a few groups of em interrupting our mundane lives in leafy Epping .
    No one knocked on our door , it’s too far out the way from civilisation thankfully .
    So I ate a shed load of chocolate hence I’m up with my ibs posting on CL at stupid o’clock .
    Bah humbug !

classic
  • Options
    Very good Halloween quiz at the Plume last night, great fun.
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    When I was a child, you used to to trick or treat (didn’t really like it then either).
    Trick or treating now means just collecting sweets.

Also, Halloween’s surely meant to be a bit frightening and sinister, a bit scary for kids, stories of ghosts etc.
    Now it’s just fancy dress and Facebook.

I don’t mind Halloween, but it has become an American version of itself.
  • Options
    Taxi_Lad said:

Was walking back to my cab in Pickford Lane Bexleyheath last night as a mob of little shits on bikes, dressed in hoodies & masks, threw a firework into the Morley’s.
    As I got to my cab they turned their attention to me and pelted me with eggs.
    Screaming Cuntsssss at them I chased them off but I was so tempted to give chase in my cab. Probably best I didn’t.
    That’s why I hate Halloween. Yes it’s fun for the little ones but teenagers act like lawless little bastards. Think they watched The Purge too many times!!!

I'm surprised the police didn't take action.
  • Options
    Only knock on the door last night was from our window cleaner after his £25.
  • Options
    Taxi_Lad said:

Was walking back to my cab in Pickford Lane Bexleyheath last night as a mob of little shits on bikes, dressed in hoodies & masks, threw a firework into the Morley’s.
    As I got to my cab they turned their attention to me and pelted me with eggs.
    Screaming Cuntsssss at them I chased them off but I was so tempted to give chase in my cab. Probably best I didn’t.
    That’s why I hate Halloween. Yes it’s fun for the little ones but teenagers act like lawless little bastards. Think they watched The Purge too many times!!!

That's Bexleyheath for you.