Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Mansfield Tickets to go on sale

2»

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2018
    shirty5 said:

So, the bottom line is there ISN'T anyone willing to run an independent coach service, at this point in time.
    I'm glad we got there in the end, amongst the fake news :smile:

Anyone tried this fella?
    Despite my Welsh connections,this isn't me.I'm on the Eltham coach,let's hope I get up in time as i'm on the piss in Faversham the day before.
  • Options

If you're looking for a cheap coach....

Good shout.
    If the coach looked a bit over crowded
    Just spread out.
  • Options

If you're looking for a cheap coach....

Now that would be, out of the van, and into the fraeyer.
  • Options
    Cheapest coach I've come across 49 seater £800 Bromley-Mansfield no other pick ups
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    clb74 said:

Cheapest coach I've come across 49 seater £800 Bromley-Mansfield no other pick ups

20 quid return should cover the cost.
  • Options

rs340 said:

£27 for the coach is steep, they're clearly profiteering based on lack of trains.

Bonkers fare. A 49 seater coach on that run from SE London / NWK should be £750 to hire tops, but I expect the ridiculous pick-up route guarantees it requires an extra driver.

Traditionally you price on 35 passengers so that you can run two if you get 70 people (which also solves the pick-up problem), but a £27 fare would imply they are paying £950 for the coach - and they don't take any risks with spare capacity anyway. It just looks like someone fleecing a captive market, whether it's the club and fans or the coach company and the club.

Bearing in mind the club gets a share of the match ticket price, it's likely to be counter-productive to charge that much.

I think we ran three or four coaches to Halifax in 2011 for a similar kick-off and that was live on UK TV.
    Plus the club coaches were free.
  • Options

rs340 said:

£27 for the coach is steep, they're clearly profiteering based on lack of trains.

Bonkers fare. A 49 seater coach on that run from SE London / NWK should be £750 to hire tops, but I expect the ridiculous pick-up route guarantees it requires an extra driver.

Traditionally you price on 35 passengers so that you can run two if you get 70 people (which also solves the pick-up problem), but a £27 fare would imply they are paying £950 for the coach - and they don't take any risks with spare capacity anyway. It just looks like someone fleecing a captive market, whether it's the club and fans or the coach company and the club.

Bearing in mind the club gets a share of the match ticket price, it's likely to be counter-productive to charge that much.

I think we ran three or four coaches to Halifax in 2011 for a similar kick-off and that was live on UK TV.
    Welcome back Elfs.
  • Options

We will play a weakened team and get beat - much cheaper to buy a sledge hammer and hit yourself over the head with it. I suspect that would be slightly more enjoyable, or at least as enjoyable so much better value!

last time we did this .. we won 8-0
  • Options
    cabbles said:

clb74 said:

The is the first step on the road to becoming the coach steward. You’re innocently musing about costs on a football forum, then all of a sudden you find yourself in Larkfield for 6am every other Saturday, getting the scratchcards ready, working out who’s sitting next to who and discussing with the drivers how long we have at Newport Pagnell
    I can't cabbles the wife reminded me I said after Fleetwood away 2 seasons ago to hit me over the head with a hammer if I do the coach again.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2018

rs340 said:

Welcome back Elfs.
    Cheers mate, thanks for that. Shame about the individual that gave me the flag, he must have been dying to do that for a long time.

It's great to be back in the community again.
  • Options

rs340 said:

Welcome back Elfs.
    Cheers mate, thanks for that. Shame about the individual that gave me the flag, he must have been dying to do that for a long time.

welcome back gazza .. other than trains, boats and planes, we need your expert analysis on the political climate in Brazil
  • Options

rs340 said:

Welcome back Elfs.

welcome back gazza .. other than trains, boats and planes, we need your expert analysis on the political climate in Brazil
    Don't talk to him about trains lincs
  • Options

rs340 said:

Welcome back Elfs.

I'm at that dreaded four letter word so give me till I get home.

Hope all well your end mate.
  • Options

rs340 said:

Welcome back Elfs.

good so far thanks Gary .. and you ?
  • Options

rs340 said:

Welcome back Elfs.

Your back this is a thread for Mansfield not a private what's app group