Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rochdale v Charlton | Sat 27 Oct | 3pm KO | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    Why can't I buy tickets online for this?
  • Options
    Redhenry said:

too late for delivery/collection ? .. that's a guess
  • Options
    Redhenry said:

The club has probably returned the unsold tickets to Rochdale for sale on the day.
  • Options
    End up hanging on for a 1-1.
  • Options
    If I can find a campsite that isnt full Im going to be there....I hear there is a train strike so Im hoping I wont be needing a bloody train
  • Options
    TEL said:

If I can find a campsite that isnt full Im going to be there....I hear there is a train strike so Im hoping I wont be needing a bloody train

Hope you've got central heating in your tent / camper van @TEL it's going to be brass monkeys weather up here on Saturday, you ain't in Oz now you know mate :wink:
  • Options
    So one from Addicksdownunder and a handfull of Swedish Addicks meeting at the pub.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

TEL said:

Hope you've got central heating in your tent / camper van @TEL it's going to be brass monkeys weather up here on Saturday, you ain't in Oz now you know mate :wink:
    Shorts weather Saturday
  • Options
    clb74 said:

RedChaser said:

TEL said:

Shorts weather Saturday
    Good luck with that one :wink: .
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

TEL said:

Yeah all mod cons, it was bloody cold overnight last week in Gloucester, about 4C
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    RedChaser said:

clb74 said:

RedChaser said:

TEL said:

Shorts weather Saturday
    Good luck with that one :wink: .
    Be keeping the shorts on for Barnsley when it's a tad chilly
  • Options
    Redhenry said:

Rochdale confirmed that you can buy at the ground.
  • Options
    From what I've seen this season, it's not up to us. If they are generous enough to come at us (like Barnsley did) they will be beaten by our forwards individual brilliance.
    If on the other hand they sit back and frustrate us (Coventry, Oxford), they will get their chance and score.
    It seem to me we (our manager..?) haven't the tactical knowhow to break down parked defences...
    4:0 to us
  • Options

From what I've seen this season, it's not up to us. If they are generous enough to come at us (like Barnsley did) they will be beaten by our forwards individual brilliance.
    If on the other hand they sit back and frustrate us (Coventry, Oxford), they will get their chance and score.
    It seem to me we (our manager..?) haven't the tactical knowhow to break down parked defences...
    4:0 to us

This. Its the reason why im convinced our better results will come away from The Valley imo. 3-1 to the mighty reds
  • Options
    Redhenry said:

Looked on Rochdale website, it says away end can pay cash on the day.
  • Options
    About time pinko baby boy hit the back of the net again.

1-3 (Taylor hat-tick)

• Options
    Draw...maybe with a bit of late drama.

Roland makes a shock appearance at full time to announce he's sold the club and finishes with his rendition of Frank Sinatra's My Way. It's immediately uploaded to YouTube and goes viral making him internationally famous. He goes on to have the 2019 Xmas No1 singing Roland the Red Nose Reindeer in a duet with Meire.
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    We need the X factor that Fosu owns, to be released so we can go up a level and kill teams off.
    Both Taylor and Grants are having decent seasons and getting their share of goals.

Both Fosu and the Talented Aribo should score more goals with their natural flair;
    But also learn when to play a simple pass.

I will leave it to Bowyer to pick the side and formation because not being at the training ground I have no idea who is 100% fit or is carrying an injury.

The flip side to watching the rigid football of Robinson, Slade and Peeters is that the constant inability for Cafc players to stay fit is harming the expansive style of football that Lee wants to play.

A complete reversal to the last game of 2018 season, 3-1 from me as well.

Rollercoaster results to continue.
  • Options
    Rochdale have been very decent away, with three wins, and poor at home, with only one. That has got to turn around at some stage, so let’s hope it’s not tomorrow.

Difficult to know what to expect from this Charlton side, given our general inconsistency. Rochdale are no mugs, albeit shaky at the back. A draw is probably the most likely outcome.
  • Options
    Rochdale try to attack as general rule so hopefully we might be able to catch them on the counter and nick one.

I'm normally happy with a point away from home but our recent poor home form (Barnsley obviously excepted) means we really need to pick up 3 points away from home if we have any serious promotion aspirations.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    After watching that awful performance on Tuesday. I can't see anything but a 5 goal away win.
  • Options
    Over 400 Addicks have already secured their spots for the match.
    Fans wanting to pay by cash can do so from the away turnstiles and those wanting to purchase tickets by electronic payment can buy from Rochdale’s ticket office, which is located in their Main Reception.

Addicks fans collecting tickets can pick them up from 1pm from Rochdale’s Ticket Collection Cabin, which is located next to their football in the community office.

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5bd2dc35aa316/buy-on-the-day-at-rochdale

• Options
    This brings back memories of being stuck in gridlock on the M62 last May, with no working air conditioning in the car...
  • Options
    I think we benefit when a team has some ambition to try to beat us. Ability wise we are as good as anybody in this league and better than most. We do have a fragility about us though. A good example strangely enough was Spurs on Tuesday, they were far superior to PSV but you could feel they probably weren't going to win the game. I know that fragility is rare for Spurs, but it is the sort of feeling we have to often in games we should win comfortably.
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    Still cannot believe the stewards would not let me bring chips into the ground back in May? Really hope we get back to winning ways this week and why not? Bielik is back so 3-0 to Charlton...I hope. Just eat your chips outside the ground....
  • Options
    For some unfathomable reason I sense three points.. plus I hope, a clean sheet. Suppose that's put the mockers on it!
  • Options
    1-2 to Charlton.
  • Options
    1-1 which will be the second in our consecutive run of fourteen 1-1s which will see us enter the record books.
  • Options
    Wish I was going as it will be 3-1 to the Addicks .