Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Scotland Under 21 v England under 21s -5:30PM KO

2»

Comments

• Options

Dazzler21 said:

DOC64 said:

Shame @paulie8290 has been flagged. Was a strong outburst, but clearly he has a lot going on at the moment.

Would be good if those flags could be removed?

I don't feel the flags warrant a removal calling everyone C***s is pretty flaggable as posts go. Realistically flags trigger a review but in most cases that's where it stops... I have enough of them to know tbh!

In my opinion ignoring his outburst, @paulie8290 was trying to be helpful in explaining how people can watch. He just sometimes doesn't communicate in the best way.

Let's be honest many people including myself have given paulie unwarranted stick and before him @NathanPrior used to be the main recipient of stick.

I feel a bit sorry for him to be honest and think that his outbursts often make it easy for those waiting to have a dig...

On the one hand this place is a great escape from the real world, whilst on the other it can sometimes feel like you're slowly being closed in on by a certain group of hyenas waiting to purposefully misinterpret what you say and are ready to attack and mock you.

Maybe we need to think more before we post... We all have our own shit going on and it can be difficult to remember that before jumping on people's posts so aggressively.

I know I have been guilty of it and I know Paulie would likely admit on occasion in the past he has also done so.
    It's just an internet forum - probably best not to take anything too personally. If someone thinks I'm an idiot on here I won't lose sleep over it.
    That's the problem, some people can't make that distinction.
  • Options
    Well thought out post there Dazzle, I have got a reply from Paul who said he did have a bad day yesterday and i wont go into it too much. He will be taking a self imposed break from CL, he did say for good but i have said maybe just a temporary break as he would be missed.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

DOC64 said:

Shame @paulie8290 has been flagged. Was a strong outburst, but clearly he has a lot going on at the moment.

Would be good if those flags could be removed?

I don't feel the flags warrant a removal calling everyone C***s is pretty flaggable as posts go. Realistically flags trigger a review but in most cases that's where it stops... I have enough of them to know tbh!

In my opinion ignoring his outburst, @paulie8290 was trying to be helpful in explaining how people can watch. He just sometimes doesn't communicate in the best way.

Let's be honest many people including myself have given paulie unwarranted stick and before him @NathanPrior used to be the main recipient of stick.

I feel a bit sorry for him to be honest and think that his outbursts often make it easy for those waiting to have a dig...

On the one hand this place is a great escape from the real world, whilst on the other it can sometimes feel like you're slowly being closed in on by a certain group of hyenas waiting to purposefully misinterpret what you say and are ready to attack and mock you.

Maybe we need to think more before we post... We all have our own shit going on and it can be difficult to remember that before jumping on people's posts so aggressively.

I know I have been guilty of it and I know Paulie would likely admit on occasion in the past he has also done so.
    Yeah I’ve giving @paulie8290 a bit of stuck over the years for the quantity and weirdness of some his posts but he’s seems like a good bloke and an easy target sometimes. Come back Paulie - it’s not worth getting worked up about .
  • Options
    Good game last night
  • Options

For the record Paulie was right.

What about? everybody being C*nts?
    Well I'm definitely one
    Hold on, who liked this? You're meant to say 'No you're not Rob, you're the best"

Off to find my safe space.....

; )
  • Options
    I think people are quick to jump on Paulie at times & he was right in what he was saying, however, I think he comes across as petty & argumentative for the sake of it at times & I can see how that rubs people up the wrong way. I like him though & think he's a valued contributor to this forum.
  • Options

I think people are quick to jump on Paulie at times & he was right in what he was saying, however, I think he comes across as petty & argumentative for the sake of it at times & I can see how that rubs people up the wrong way. I like him though & think he's a valued contributor to this forum.

A lot of us talk bollocks on here at times - have to take stuff with a pinch of salt.
  • Options

A lot of us talk bollocks on here at times - have to take stuff with a pinch of salt.
    Most of you do tbh mate
  • Options

we all talk bollocks all the time :smile:

Although what Dazzle has said is a great point, to you/ whoever everyone should take things with a pinch of salt... but some people cant, everyone takes things differently so what can offend/ rub people up the wrong way can be fine or just brushed off by most.

Dont assume people can just take with a pinch of salt, although solid advise.
  • Options

we all talk bollocks all the time :smile:

Although what Dazzle has said is a great point, to you/ whoever everyone should take things with a pinch of salt... but some people cant, everyone takes things differently so what can offend/ rub people up the wrong way can be fine or just brushed off by most.

Dont assume people can just take with a pinch of salt, although solid advise.
    I just think it's a shame that people come on here and get upset - hopefully Paulie will return and continue talking bollocks like the rest of us(except for i_b_b_o_r_g)

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sometimes how things are written may be interpreted and taken differently to how they are meant. I suppose we should all be conscious of that, but most comments on here are throwaway.
  • Options
    It is so tempting to flag a post like yours!
  • Options

It is so tempting to flag a post like yours!

Haha....I'm expecting a few!
  • Options
    No problem with the disagreements or the misinterpreting of some posts. Also wary of replying in the wrong way as I really don't want to offend anybody - though I know I can on several occasions!

However, calling out the whole board as being c*nts is out of order. It's not the first time either and as totally unwarranted .

• Options
    Addickted said:

No problem with the disagreements or the misinterpreting of some posts. Also wary of replying in the wrong way as I really don't want to offend anybody - though I know I can on several occasions!

However, calling out the whole board as being c*nts is out of order. It's not the first time either and as totally unwarranted .

I do agree that perhaps calling people c*nts may be seen as a little offensive. I still wouldn't bother flagging someone though.
  • Options
    Anyway, cracking free kick wasn't it?
  • Options
    Hope things are a bit better for you today Paulie, yesterday seemed a bad day all round for you, I enjoy your posts and hope you come back soon
  • Options

Please don’t try and derail the thread.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2018

Give it a rest you c**nt.
    What is a c**nt?
  • Options

Give it a rest you c**nt.
    What is a c**nt?
    In all honesty, it’s probably a very fair assessment that he made.
  • Options
    Any reported sightings of Paulie recently? Thought he'd been pretty quiet as he used to post on everything, but i noticed he hasn't posted since his rant last week.

Wonder if he's ok.
  • Options

Any reported sightings of Paulie recently? Thought he'd been pretty quiet as he used to post on everything, but i noticed he hasn't posted since his rant last week.

Wonder if he's ok.

Yeah he's fine... He messaged me during the game yesterday but wasnt able to reply due to a low battery

Just a lot going on for him away from CharltonLife at the moment really
  • Options

Wonder if he's ok.

Yeah he's fine... He messaged me during the game yesterday but wasnt able to reply due to a low battery

Yep i did message him last week on FB, just wants a break from CL and as FA said has alot going on at present.
  • Options

Wonder if he's ok.

Hope things get better for him very soon, I like he's posts and like to see him back on CL.
  • Options
    Never realised the term connected tv could cause such rancour and bitterness

Roland out what @blackpool72 says