Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Buying tickets on the club's new site....

..... is an absolute fucking nightmare.

I'm attending my first game of the season Saturday and I want to buy tickets for me and a mate.

I haven't used the tickets section of the new site but it's a bloody shambles. I didn't think it was possible to make the site worse than the old one.

I always buy tickets for my mates as I have a membership number etc. none of them have accounts with the club. So I'm trying to buy 2 tickets and it won't let me buy it for a mate in my name. I have to create an account for him and link my account to his before I can buy.

Is this just for this game is it on restricted sale?

Is it because I'm trying to buy student tickets?

Or is it the club trying to make us all buy separately and pocket multiple booking fees?

Fucking nightmare.

Comments

• Options
    I tried looking for the recent promotion for a meal/drink etc deal I'm one of the bars but gave up after a fruitless search.
  • Options
    I had the complete opposite - I bought 3 tickets for Saturday (also my first game of the season) last Sunday and it took about 2 mins.
  • Options
    So even after creating an account for him and linking the 2 accounts it won't let me buy them. What is this shit?
  • Options
    I didnt have a problem on Monday. Admittedly I've been registered for a couple of season in total but went on there and bought;

1 Coventry (me)
    4 Barnsley (me, brother & his 2 kids)
    4 Oxford (as above but for the Covered End instead of East Stand)

All registered under me. All 9 tickets rec'd yesterday.
  • Options
    It's the student ticket thing. They advertise you a student price but won't actually sell you a student ticket.

It's a scam....
  • Options

It's the student ticket thing. They advertise you a student price but won't actually sell you a student ticket.

It's a scam....

Scam? I’m not sure I follow the issue Who is the student you or your mate? What does it require that’s so frustrating? I can buy a ticket for my son as a junior or whatever the title is without any hassle. Maybe you just need to prove the student status by way of a registered account which doesn’t necessarily seem unreasonable.
  • Options

It's a scam....

Scam? I’m not sure I follow the issue Who is the student you or your mate? What does it require that’s so frustrating? I can buy a ticket for my son as a junior or whatever the title is without any hassle. Maybe you just need to prove the student status by way of a registered account which doesn’t necessarily seem unreasonable.
    We are both students and have registered student cards with our accounts. The point is that are advertising a student ticket in the same way that they advertise u18 or over 65 tickets but you can't actually buy them.
  • Options
    Actually it’s answered here in the FAQ

I am trying to buy a ticket for a student online and how do I select the student ticket?

A: You will need to contact the ticket office via email at tickets@cafc.co.uk providing your valid student I.D and the ticket office will be able to enable the student price class in your account. You will need to ensure that you have logged in using your Fan ID and password. Once you have done that select the number of seats you require and stand and when the system has selected the seats you will then have the option to change from an adult to a student ticket.
  • Options
    No wonder they got someone in after canters temp spell in charge at work !!
  • Options

Is it because I'm trying to buy student tickets?

Like others said its this. The website doesn't explain it at all. I had the same issue for my first game of the season, you have to register in person as a student the first time, then after that you can book online.

System seems better than last years but things like this are such obvious cases of misinformation.

• Sponsored links:

• Options

I am trying to buy a ticket for a student online and how do I select the student ticket?

A: You will need to contact the ticket office via email at tickets@cafc.co.uk providing your valid student I.D and the ticket office will be able to enable the student price class in your account. You will need to ensure that you have logged in using your Fan ID and password. Once you have done that select the number of seats you require and stand and when the system has selected the seats you will then have the option to change from an adult to a student ticket.

But when buying the ticket nothing warns you about this. Just common sense that it should tell you why you can't book it at the time rather than needing to look at the FAQ.
  • Options
    Not defending it. Just took a minute to look at the online help.
  • Options

Seems pretty reasonable to me.
  • Options
    My first game of the season, had to register once more, and it didn't give me a print at home option. Have emailed the ticket office but not hopeful. Shambles!
  • Options
    Bought 2 tickets on line and printed at home for the first time in over a year, no problem I actually thought how much better it was than the last time I used it. It was for two straightforward adult tickets. Couldn't remember my membership numbers but recognised me from address
  • Options
    Bought tickets for the Wycombe game and found it not as easy as last season to get the seats you want etc... Considering going tomorrow, but second time it will probably be easier.
  • Options
    Got to be honest and say I've had no issues, my sons account was already linked from the playoff semi when I logged in, picked our seats for the season, paid and got them a couple of days later.

Also, I've scanned the bar code on the stocard app as you would a store card, now I just scan my phone at the turnstiles so don't even carry my ticket.