Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bauer out for 2 months

Comments

• Options
    FFS
  • Options
    Oh cock!

Naby to the rescue
  • Options
    How the hell did he play on after that!

Gutting for him personally and the team.
  • Options
    If it is a rupture I would be very surprised if it is only 2 months. More likely 4. Bollocks.
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

Oh cock!

Naby Bielik to the rescue

• Options
    Rubbish news, we look so much more solid with him in the side and he is always likely to nick a goal

Bielik over Sarr please when fit and available

• Options
    We need Bielik back soon, we can't go 2 months with just 2 CBs.

Any CBs in the U23s ready to step up?
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    Not ideal but at least that's a position we have some genuine depth in at the moment.
  • Options
    Croydon said:

Not ideal but at least that's a position we have some genuine depth in at the moment.

Do we?

Pearce and Sarr.

Bielik and now Bauer injured.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Croydon said:

Not really.

We only have Pearce and Sarr.

and Bielik is needed in midfield when he's fit
  • Options
    Sarr and Pearce should be ok, but I'd like someone to cover, any free agents still knocking about?
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

Sarr and Pearce should be ok, but I'd like someone to cover, any free agents still knocking about?

John Terry :smiley:
  • Options
    Ross said:

Croydon said:

Do we?

Pearce and Sarr.

Bielik due back next week I thought? I would count him and Sarr both as back up, and having 2 players who can fill in for an injury has to be considered depth at League One level.

Croydon said:

Not really.

I'd rather see Bielik in midfield over Pratley, but he showed at Southend that he can bring the ball forward from the back well enough.

• Options
    Don't believe it. Just when we seem to be putting a run together with a fairly settled side this happens. Sarr worries me - constantly. Is it just me that bricks it when he's last man and tries to 'football' his way out of trouble?
  • Options
    Croydon said:

Ross said:

Croydon said:

Do we?

Pearce and Sarr.

Bielik due back next week I thought? I would count him and Sarr both as back up, and having 2 players who can fill in for an injury has to be considered depth at League One level.

Croydon said:

Not really.

I'd rather see Bielik in midfield over Pratley, but he showed at Southend that he can bring the ball forward from the back well enough.

Does Bielik (or even Pratley) get into Midfield too easily with Cullen at the base of the Diamond?
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

Elliott Ward signed for Notts County.
  • Options
    Jesus wept. Never saw that one coming and looked great on Saturday alongside Pearce.
  • Options
    Harry Lennon can do a job

OH
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Croydon said:

Couldn't disagree more, always said we were a defender short as it's the weakest position IMO. Ok we are fine with all 3 fit but still felt we were one short. Guess Bielik can cover but far from ideal if he isn't fit.
  • Options
    Can Dijksteel cover there if need be?
  • Options

Croydon said:

Couldn't disagree more, always said we were a defender short as it's the weakest position IMO. Ok we are fine with all 3 fit but still felt we were one short. Guess Bielik can cover but far from ideal if he isn't fit.
    I've always felt that too, especially if Bowyer wants to play 3 at the back. Hopefully someone from the U23s can step up, Cummings or Yao?
  • Options
    Every time we appear to be nearing full strength, this is the type of shit that makes you wonder if Voodoo does exist.

Bielik to do the business for me over Sarr, intelligent and good in the air almost like for like but with less experience.
  • Options

Every time we appear to be nearing full strength, this is the type of shit that makes you wonder if Voodoo does exist.

Bielik to do the business for me over Sarr, intelligent and good in the air almost like for like but with less experience.

Is why I'm relieved in a way its happened when Pearce has returned

Be a extreme worry to have both Bauer and Pearce injured
  • Options
    This is where having a small squad really kicks you in the bollox.
  • Options

Can Dijksteel cover there if need be?

Yes but not 100% reliable there. Still, he'd be adequate
  • Options
    Blumberg is probably almost good enough too, based on nothing more than an optimistic hunch
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

Jesus wept. Never saw that one coming and looked great on Saturday alongside Pearce.

absolutely, and like many was just starting to get excited. Again.

How did he do it, and how come he wasn't taken off? Not, TBF that I have a clue what that injury is...

• Options

This is where having a small squad really kicks you in the bollox.

We don’t have a small squad anymore. Although I agree it’s a kick in the bollocks.