Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bradford Away Roll Call

13»

Comments

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

Knowing both quite well, it's worth saying that sunbridge, wouldn't be out of place I. Tunbridge. The gin bar is a favourite of mine. Tbh you wouldn't think your in Bradford.

Have to agree. In fact once inside you could quite easily imagine you're in a swanky London bar. It's a unique place for Bradford and probably most other places too.

Love the Gin Bar, great vibe in there. I also enjoy a few in Sunbridge Lounge with a bit of tapas. There's a medieval themed bar called the Rose and Crown across from Sunbridge Lounge which I worthy of a visit too if you've not been in.
  • Options

clb74 said:

clb74 said:

unfortunately not, been last 2 years top away day for me.

We've had a good couple of years up there mate, I'm not sure what the wife will make of the barrack tavern.
    Great pub and Stella for a quid nearly stayed all night
    Rose did city vaults have the football on last year
    yeah sure it was on as remember a few watching it.
    I'm pretty sure City Vaults will have the football on.
  • Options
    Bollocks to the game, I’m just going to saunter around a few of Bradford’s finer watering holes for the day.
  • Options
    Apparently We are seated in a different stand this season,ignore the train details in the Away Fans Guide.
    This season, the traveling Addicks will be housed in the left-hand side of the Northern Commercials Stand (as you look at the pitch), which runs alongside the pitch.

This is a change from previous seasons where we have been situated behind the goal. The view of the pitch is good and the leg room is fine.
    https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5b9b9fd37c7fe/away-fans-guide-northern-commercials-stadium
  • Options
    can't make tomorrow .. my next will be Scunthorpe .. enjoy the day & game all you hardies who are making the trip
  • Options
    Shame we are only taking 300 to this as the team deserves better but looks like people can’t be arsed with the trains
  • Options
    clive said:

Thanks mate !
  • Options
    Just left Donny looks like could be a repeat of last season bring your swimming gear
  • Options
    cabbles said:

clb74 said:

cabbles said:

In. First time since Benito Carbone’s lob in 2001

With my old man and @The31YearMan who is lauding up the fact he hasn’t missed a game since Jan this year. He’ll never be the big hitter in the league of the Lewis brothers, no matter how hard he tries

Wrong cabbles. Last game missed was Bury at home last season in Sept 2017 so edging toward a calendar card.
    You're right though about not being in the 'Lewis League' as I need to seek dispensation for Blackpool away in Dec. Absolutely gutted I'm missing a potential third trip to Bloomfield Road in 2018.
    These 31 years will have cracks all over it.

Aim for 3.1 years first
    Now into Year 4.
    Year 1 - 3 dispensations
    Year 2 - 3 dispensations
    Year 3 - 4 dispensations

So 10 competitive games missed in the last 3 seasons....a mediocre start to this meaningless quest of yours...

PS - don’t look to the forum for support. I forbay it. Oohaahmortimer and whoever else you had backing you won’t suffer this Blackpool nonsense lightly
    FairPlay cables , I backed the wrong dog and you called it and now I’m embarrassed I ever stuck up for this occasional follower of Charlton.
    I mean how lame an effort is this from the 31 year part time fan .
    Special dispensation for Blackpool away ?
    Well Blackpool away is on the 8th December the nearest Saturday to the historic day in the year when we made a triumphal return to our home but it appears to mean nothing to our 31 game a season friend who has more important matters to attend to wtf #teamcabblês
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

cabbles said:

clb74 said:

cabbles said:

With my old man and @The31YearMan who is lauding up the fact he hasn’t missed a game since Jan this year. He’ll never be the big hitter in the league of the Lewis brothers, no matter how hard he tries

Wrong cabbles. Last game missed was Bury at home last season in Sept 2017 so edging toward a calendar card.
    You're right though about not being in the 'Lewis League' as I need to seek dispensation for Blackpool away in Dec. Absolutely gutted I'm missing a potential third trip to Bloomfield Road in 2018.

Aim for 3.1 years first
    Now into Year 4.
    Year 1 - 3 dispensations
    Year 2 - 3 dispensations
    Year 3 - 4 dispensations

So 10 competitive games missed in the last 3 seasons....a mediocre start to this meaningless quest of yours...

PS - don’t look to the forum for support. I forbay it. Oohaahmortimer and whoever else you had backing you won’t suffer this Blackpool nonsense lightly
    FairPlay cables , I backed the wrong dog and you called it and now I’m embarrassed I ever stuck up for this occasional follower of Charlton.
    Well Blackpool away is on the 8th December the nearest Saturday to the historic day in the year when we made a triumphal return to our home but it appears to mean nothing to our 31 game a season friend who has more important matters to attend to wtf #teamcabblês
    The fact that I'm even getting recognition from such a big hitter as you are oohaahmortimer is a privilege for me. I so much admire your witty and abrasive musings on this forum. I know too, that cabbles is a secret admirer.
    You're right, how I could ever wish to be in the esteemed company of the likes of Ollie Lewis who breezed through 800 consecutive games and right now is sitting alongside me at the back of the DJ Coach as we travel to Bradford. I should be in the luggage hold.
  • Options

cabbles said:

clb74 said:

cabbles said:

Aim for 3.1 years first
    Now into Year 4.
    Year 1 - 3 dispensations
    Year 2 - 3 dispensations
    Year 3 - 4 dispensations

The fact that I'm even getting recognition from such a big hitter as you are oohaahmortimer is a privilege for me. I so much admire your witty and abrasive musings on this forum. I know too, that cabbles is a secret admirer.
    You're right, how I could ever wish to be in the esteemed company of the likes of Ollie Lewis who breezed through 800 consecutive games and right now is sitting alongside me at the back of the DJ Coach as we travel to Bradford. I should be in the luggage hold.
    Left to right on the back of the coach, me, 31, my old man and Ollie Lewis....

He’ll get there one day oohaah :smile:
  • Options
    Where’s everyone drinking?
  • Options
    Just walked in city volts
  • Options
    All the pubs on North Parade have closed. Just The Sparrow open, lovely beer keg and cask. On the way to the ground
  • Options
    robroy said:

All the pubs on North Parade have closed. Just The Sparrow open, lovely beer keg and cask. On the way to the ground

I love North parade
  • Options
    Done city vaults
    The bank
    now in barracks tavern
  • Options
    Banks quite nice isn't it? Never been in the barracks, maybe after the game.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

See you there! Who's making the trip then and what's the likely numbers?

Would of loved to catch up again mate! Enjoy the game Red.
  • Options

Shame we are only taking 300 to this as the team deserves better but looks like people can’t be arsed with the trains

I would have gone but I wasn't dealing with the trains.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    clb74 said:

Done city vaults
    The bank
    now in barracks tavern

To add
    Bradford arms
    Record pub
    City gents
    Queens and one other I've forgot the name of
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    Bradford Arms......what an fing dump!!
    Record Bar......quite interesting, especially for real ale drinkers.