Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Oh, Nicky Bailey… ex-midfielder talks about THAT penalty miss in VOTV145

edited September 2018 in General Charlton
Big interview with Nicky Bailey in new VOTV145, out tomorrow. He tells Matt Wright about the penalty and its peculiar aftermath. Ex-staff member also goes on the record about the strange things happening behind the scenes at The Valley. Plus the annual Where Are They Now feature (former players, not staff, obviously).

I am posting out this afternoon, so you should get it tomorrow if you order before 3pm at www.votvonline.com

Comments

  • The votv website looks to be set up for ordering the first copy of the season, not the latest edition. Or am I missing something?
  • I wondered where that football that landed in my back garden the other day came from.
  • The votv website looks to be set up for ordering the first copy of the season, not the latest edition. Or am I missing something?

    Thanks. Fixed now.
  • I could never join in the Bailey song. I liked Nicky and wouldn't want to burden him with that silly cow.

    I never bothered singing it because I am in fact a little bit ginger.
  • I could never join in the Bailey song. I liked Nicky and wouldn't want to burden him with that silly cow.

    I was in a crowded kebab house in Southend after we won 2-1 there on a Friday night. It was about 4 in the morning and I was with @Glass half empty and a couple of others who were staying overnight. One of us started to hum the NB song, followed by another singing it quietly. Suddenly more and more people in the shop joined in and were singing it at the tops of our voices by the end. 90% of the people in there were addicks, god knows what the other 10% thought.
    I may have been there, although the amount I drunk led to a slight memory loss. Great night though.
  • I could never join in the Bailey song. I liked Nicky and wouldn't want to burden him with that silly cow.

    I was in a crowded kebab house in Southend after we won 2-1 there on a Friday night. It was about 4 in the morning and I was with @Glass half empty and a couple of others who were staying overnight. One of us started to hum the NB song, followed by another singing it quietly. Suddenly more and more people in the shop joined in and were singing it at the tops of our voices by the end. 90% of the people in there were addicks, god knows what the other 10% thought.
    Don't forget we signed Nicky Bailey from Southend - he was a popular player there too.
  • I did wonder where the recent proliferation of gingers have come from. Can't go past a primary school in S/E London at 3pm & not see hundreds of the blighters leaving with their blonde-haired mums & dads. :smile:
  • Too Soon. Still Too Soon.
  • Sponsored links:


  • Oggy Red said:

    I could never join in the Bailey song. I liked Nicky and wouldn't want to burden him with that silly cow.

    I was in a crowded kebab house in Southend after we won 2-1 there on a Friday night. It was about 4 in the morning and I was with @Glass half empty and a couple of others who were staying overnight. One of us started to hum the NB song, followed by another singing it quietly. Suddenly more and more people in the shop joined in and were singing it at the tops of our voices by the end. 90% of the people in there were addicks, god knows what the other 10% thought.
    Don't forget we signed Nicky Bailey from Southend - he was a popular player there too.
    He wasn't popular that night as he'd been up to his usual tricks and got one of their players sent off.

    Just remembered that we were in TOTS that night and there were a few Southend fans in there. I asked the dj if he could play a dedication to my mate Nicky Bailey as it was his birthday, which he did.
  • Just ordered a copy probably missed the cut off. Took me 10 minutes to figure out how! Oh well
  • edited September 2018
    Scientists at NASA say that the ball from Nicky Baileys penalty is currently the third farthest man made structure away from earth and is closing in on Voyager 1 and 2.
  • Parky was bang right about the penalty miss.
    “Without his goals and work rate over 40+ games we wouldn’t have been in the playoffs anyway, so if anyone can be excused a miss, he can.”
  • charltonJ said:

    Just ordered a copy probably missed the cut off. Took me 10 minutes to figure out how! Oh well

    No, we got you in the mail-out.
  • Nice one thanks
  • In a way, I’m glad he missed the pen, had we gone through, we would do our normal roll over and had our bellies rubbed by the spanners in their cup final at Wembley.
  • edited March 10
    I walked the length of Chesil Beach today. Somewhere along there I found where that penalty landed.


Sign In or Register to comment.

Roland Out!