Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Charlton v Peterborough | Tue 21 Aug 2018

Comments

• Options
  • Options
  • Options

Cheers, Ross1.
  • Options
  • Options
    Morgan for Lapslie
  • Options
    Albie Morgan full league debut. Lapslie 'rested' a little bit. He is so young, but one I have had my eye on.
  • Options
    Sky covering it with commentator, not sure whether they will show goals
  • Options
    Fear a smashing tonight.
    Hope I’m wrong. COYRs!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Valley11 said:

Morgan for Lapslie

Thanks, Valley11.

Saved me from having to decipher the numerical puzzle of our team sheet.

• Options

ross1 said:

Look at all those lights on
    Dont point it out or Roland will sell BFG to cover the expense this month
  • Options
    First league home game I have missed for a while due to swollen knee. Reckon Posh will put 2 or 3 past us.
  • Options
    Beautiful evening...
  • Options

Beautiful evening...

Hope football doesn't ruin it!
  • Options
    1StevieG said:

First league home game I have missed for a while due to swollen knee. Reckon Posh will put 2 or 3 past us.

Oh no ..... not another one out injured. :neutral:

• Options
    Hope Lapslie is just being rested.

We are going to have to significantly improve from Saturday's poor showing if we're to avoid a smashing tonight.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If I were Peterborough I'd just overload on the flanks, especially on the left against Solly. We saw it with Shrewsbury's goal, it sounds like Stanley used it to good effect on Saturday. I just don't think Solly is up to it as a wingback, and looked as good as I can think of him playing in the last couple years on the right of a back three in the last couple games. But Croatia against England was the perfect template for how to break down a 5-3-2.

This team does give Bowyer the ability to go to a 4-4-2 diamond in midfield, Bielik holding, Aribo and Pratley in the shuttling roles and Morgan as the 10. I do like the diamond the only problem is its weakness, namely that it can be very narrow, is similar to that of the 5-3-2.

I'm not expecting anything today. Don't think Boro are as good as Wigan or Blackburn were last year but they still look a strong outfit with a good if not wholly obnoxious manager.
  • Options
    Basey is enormous
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

If I were Peterborough I'd just overload on the flanks, especially on the left against Solly.

We saw it with Shrewsbury's goal, it sounds like Stanley used it to good effect on Saturday. I just don't think Solly is up to it as a wingback,

Cor, whose side are you on?

Are you Karl Robinson in disguise?
    You'll be doing a pre-match video of our tactics next. :neutral:

• Options
    wmcf123 said:

Basey is enormous

He was big as a player. Now he's retired he was always going to be a lump.
  • Options
    GAME TIME!

Come on you, Addicks! #cafc

• Options

Hope Lapslie is just being rested.

We are going to have to significantly improve from Saturday's poor showing if we're to avoid a smashing tonight.

He's on the bench .... so perhaps Bow is thinking to use Morgan now, then bring on Lapslie for the last 30 mins - and use his hard running when Posh are tiring?

• Options
    KICK-OFF | We are underway here at The Valley as The Posh take on @CAFCofficial! #CHAPET
  • Options
    COYR!
  • Options
    Come on you Reds.
  • Options
    KICK-OFF | 1' Peterborough get the action off and underway in SE7... #cafc
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!