Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Executive Box usage

edited August 2018 in General Charlton
Noticeable on Saturday that I think just 3 exec boxes were in usage, and one on those was the Valley Gold one.

A London football club with only 2 paying exec boxes in operation. That’s shocking, and shows that those with the extra spend are drifting away at the same rate as everyone else.

Comments

• Options
    Good to see, although it doesn't seem to be speeding up the takeover.

By the way, what is the Valley Gold box used for? The people who run it?
  • Options

Good to see, although it doesn't seem to be speeding up the takeover.

By the way, what is the Valley Gold box used for? The people who run it?

Valley Gold draw winners.
    I won two tickets last season. Had a meal and a few drinks, (you have to pay for the drink).
    Its nice to see and experience how the other half live.
  • Options
    It was three including VG as I made that comment to my daughters.

Not a huge surprise really, bring back data technics and their fancy dress!!
  • Options
    It'll be interesting if we get a repeat of away fans hiring a box, e.g. when we play Sunderland
  • Options

Noticeable on Saturday that I think just 3 exec boxes were in usage, and one on those was the Valley Gold one.

A London football club with only 2 paying exec boxes in operation. That’s shocking, and shows that those with the extra spend are drifting away at the same rate as everyone else.

I would suggest that it's not "drifting away" but running headlong for the exit as fast as their legs can carry them. There's a clue in the name corporate hospitality. Hospitality means: the friendly and generous reception and entertainment of guests. Apart from the all-round embarrassment of sharing the match-day experience at The Valley, the last thing you want to do as a business is have your clients wishing they could poke their eyes out with a sharp stick.

For that reason I'd suggest the chances are the high margin people are leaving at a higher rate than everyone else. What do the vacant spaces look like in the West Stand Car Park now, I wonder?
  • Options

It'll be interesting if we get a repeat of away fans hiring a box, e.g. when we play Sunderland

if filled to capacity its probably not that expensive, unsure on the pricing of a box, done one at the 02 a few years back for the boxing had to pay for drinks but you had your own bar, worked out around £80 a head and that was only same price as 2nd level tickets although we did need 24 of us to fill it
  • Options
    Ferryman said:

cafcfan said:

I would suggest that it's not "drifting away" but running headlong for the exit as fast as their legs can carry them. There's a clue in the name corporate hospitality. Hospitality means: the friendly and generous reception and entertainment of guests. Apart from the all-round embarrassment of sharing the match-day experience at The Valley, the last thing you want to do as a business is have your clients wishing they could poke their eyes out with a sharp stick.

For that reason I'd suggest the chances are the high margin people are leaving at a higher rate than everyone else. What do the vacant spaces look like in the West Stand Car Park now, I wonder?
    Heard that our corporate revenue is down 70%, even though Roland doesn't do failure.
    Unless you can quote a source or collaborating facts you will be castigated for posting something you ‘heard’

Just ask @iainment
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Ferryman said:

cafcfan said:

Heard that our corporate revenue is down 70%, even though Roland doesn't do failure.
    Unless you can quote a source or collaborating facts you will be castigated for posting something you ‘heard’

Just ask @iainment
    Very true.
  • Options
    Got to tell these guys in Charlton's new executive boxes to leave the ordinary seats alone.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    MrOneLung said:

Ferryman said:

cafcfan said:

Just ask @iainment
    Got my tin hat ready.
  • Options
    Was in the VG box with 4 other VG winners and their guest. Food and service were good but £4.50 for a small bottle of Tiger is a rip off, however tea and coffee were free
    A great afternoon with thanks to Sharon the VG organiser.
  • Options

Was in the VG box with 4 other VG winners and their guest. Food and service were good but £4.50 for a small bottle of Tiger is a rip off, however tea and coffee were free
    A great afternoon with thanks to Sharon the VG organiser.

I was by the box at half time with one of my boys @lancashire lad . I’d have said hello if I knew you were there
  • Options
    What a pity, would have liked to meet one of your boys and see you of course
  • Options

A few years ago they wanted c. £13k for a box inc food, no drinks, weirdly Katey and Us couldn’t get along, something about a shirt sponsorship deal! Zero sense of humour, sorry zero sense!

A few years ago a seat in the Directors box was £250k. Supply and demand meold fruit.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

A few years ago they wanted c. £13k for a box inc food, no drinks, weirdly Katey and Us couldn’t get along, something about a shirt sponsorship deal! Zero sense of humour, sorry zero sense!

A few years ago a seat in the Directors box was £250k. Supply and demand meold fruit.
    I may be wrong but I think that was the Associate Director ‘buy in’ amount
  • Options
    I would like to use one for a table tennis tournament please.

Oh, you didn’t mean that, righto
  • Options
    I heard they shut down the directors lounge so anyone that would be in there now has to use the hospitality lounge.
  • Options

Redrobo said:

I may be wrong but I think that was the Associate Director ‘buy in’ amount
    It was, but that was what it amounted to.