Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton staff wages paid late? (Ed. Unsubstantiated rumour)

Comments

• Options
    This is a very dangerous thread and should be closed IMHO.

Come back when you have real proof.
  • Options
    edited August 2018

Charlton life at its very best, arguing over a fucking question mark.

I remember the great comma wars of 2009 and the battle of the semi colon of late 2015 on here. They were supposed to be the conflicts that put an end to all punctuation- based warfare.

Sadly doesn't appear that we have learned from history and put a full stop to all of this ;-(

This is the lowest point of the post - Curbs era for me. Once grammar goes out of the window we're barely human any more.
    Space after the n in punctuation and only one space between here. and They, you wanker
  • Options
    edited August 2018

I remember the great comma wars of 2009 and the battle of the semi colon of late 2015 on here. They were supposed to be the conflicts that put an end to all punctuation- based warfare.

Sadly doesn't appear that we have learned from history and put a full stop to all of this ;-(

This is the lowest point of the post - Curbs era for me. Once grammar goes out of the window we're barely human any more.
    Space after the n in punctuation and only one space between here. and They, you wanker
    And also, who puts two breaks between paragraphs? Absurd.
  • Options
    Essex_Al said:

This is a very dangerous thread and should be closed IMHO.

Come back when you have real proof.

Yeah, someone could get seriously hurt falling of their high horse.
  • Options

The debate as to whether a hyphen should be inserted between Al and Qaeda is apparently what led to the formation of splinter group ISIS who arguably have caused even more of a kerfuffle globally since.

It's a slippery slope and one misplaced quotation mark could see the end of forumming as we know it.

Is forumming a word?
  • Options

Funny how only now people are worried about unsubstantiated rumours. Nobody cared about the few hundred of them on the other thread.

This. Suddenly rumours need substantiation.

• Sponsored links:

• Options

The debate as to whether a hyphen should be inserted between Al and Qaeda is apparently what led to the formation of splinter group ISIS who arguably have caused even more of a kerfuffle globally since.

It's a slippery slope and one misplaced quotation mark could see the end of forumming as we know it.

Is forumming a word?
    Yes, it derives from the northern Swedish dialect word for felching I believe.
  • Options
    edited August 2018

Funny how only now people are worried about unsubstantiated rumours. Nobody cared about the few hundred of them on the other thread.

This. Suddenly rumours need substantiation.

I'll say that I've kind of come around on this. I don't think Ianment had malicious intent when he started the thread. As others have said better than I will, I do think the standard for speculating on something that directly dictates something about the lives of the average (for lack of a better term) staff member, should be a higher bar when it comes to speculation. Just my feeling.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

iainment said:

Dazzler21 said:

I believe you to be incorrect @iainment but I expect to be disproven.

I hope you're right.

If I'm told anything else about Charlton I now know that unless you're in the golden circle you should just keep quiet.
    You can spot the golden circle shower crew by their badges...
  • Options
    iainment said:

iainment said:

Fortnight late I hear.

But as soon as I said I'd post on here my source kinda ran away.

Is this right?

Don't know, is it right?

You've raised it so I think you need to back it up rather than "kinda running away".
    I

iainment said:

Fortnight late I hear.

Is this right?

Don't know, is it right?

You've raised it so I think you need to back it up rather than "kinda running away".
    I'm saying what I was told. I have no way of backing it up. Which is why I asked the question.

You are a special kind of arse aren't you.
    Can’t really stand Henry to be honest but here, only person is wrong and it’s not him.

Your the one posting the rumour and without any kind of ‘backing up’ isn’t that just called bullshit?
  • Options

iainment said:

iainment said:

iainment said:

RedChaser said:

The OP is not saying it is fact but asking if anyone else has heard anything. Don't see what is wrong with that?

The title says it's a fact !
    Agreed it needs a question mark.
    It has a question mark.
    Ffs.
    It does now, because it has been amended by admin.
    No. I put a question mark. I was asking a question so there was a question mark. Don't rewrite history.
    THERE WAS NO QUESTION MARK IN THE THREAD TITLE !!!!!!!
    There was.
    Unberfuckingbelievable ?
    No. True.
  • Options

Just this moment been told not true, wages have been paid and on time.

There is another, separate issue but the thread title is wrong.

Surely this is the reason this thread should be closed?

It hasn't happened, so there's no more reason to comment, IMO.
  • Options

iainment said:

iainment said:

Fortnight late I hear.

Is this right?

Don't know, is it right?

I

iainment said:

Fortnight late I hear.

Is this right?

Don't know, is it right?

I'm saying what I was told. I have no way of backing it up. Which is why I asked the question.

You are a special kind of arse aren't you.
    Can’t really stand Henry to be honest but here, only person is wrong and it’s not him.

Your the one posting the rumour and without any kind of ‘backing up’ isn’t that just called bullshit?
    Look at the original post. It was a question. I was asking for 'back up' I didn't know if it was true or not.

If this thread is an example of people's understanding of English I really dispair. Or despair. Who knows.
  • Options
    I don't have a problem with either poster and am quite happy to point out...

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    As somebody who knows nothing about this, it looks like the OP got it wrong but there may be a reason behind them thinking what they thought. As long as it wasn't invented, not sure what is wrong. They got it wrong, people have put them right!
  • Options
    Posting a rumour from an unreliable source is obviously the way forward.

What else is out there regarding Charlton?
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    It may not be the way forward but hardly a big deal! People took the opportunity to shoot it down - and rightly so. Can't see any harm done and maybe a future rumour from an unknown source might be true. I think the key is the intent behind the positing.
  • Options
    Done Deal
  • Options
    Sorry wrong thread
  • Options

It may not be the way forward but hardly a big deal! People took the opportunity to shoot it down - and rightly so. Can't see any harm done and maybe a future rumour from an unknown source might be true. I think the key is the intent behind the positing.

I think you need to exercise some care - you can be done for defamation of character etc
  • Options
    Surely if you state it as a fact rather than question if there is any truth in it.
  • Options
    Dear oh dear

It just gets worse.
  • Options

Macronate said:

‘A Special Kind of Arse’.

Good film.

Up there with 'School of cock' with Jack Black Cock...
    I prefer "Lawrence of a Labia"