Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CAST Need to act

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2018
    CAST have absolutely no say or influence in what happens at our club while we have no CEO or Chairman or Manager etc....
    You might hate me for saying it but we were better of when Pinocchio was still with us .
    If you thought we were going through a bad time a year ago I’m afraid we ain’t seen nothing yet. The club is going right down the shitter and it’s heart breaking watching it happen.
  • Options

How about supporting something that is already working to get Roland out?

It's a one off, extremely timely initiative - ROT.

Don't think we can just wait for that, to be honest. More needs to happen and more quickly, in a place where many people can get involved more easily. We need to make the football authorities and the local authorities uncomfortable here.
    RD cares about his fixed assets. What can be done to decrease the value of his fixed assets ?
    Set fire to the Valley? He's probably got it insured with Admiral under an all for one policy with his Datsun Cherry.
    He won't get much back on it.
    Remove the seats, dig up the pitch ? :smile:
  • Options
    CAST should be taking the lead; the spokesman for the fans.
  • Options
    Boardroom and Posh Seats sit-in? They would have to leave lights on for H & S reasons. Then there is cost of extra security etc. Even the threat of action would cost RD money.
  • Options
    On Saturday, no one leaves the ground after the game, once all players are off the pitch everyone sits on the pitch, sure the tv cameras will come down if we make it known we are doing this
  • Options

Nug said:

_MrDick said:

CAST have no teeth, IMHO. What needs to happen is for Lee Bowyer and JJ to walk out and for the players to go on strike. Who are the EFL going to call to account if we don’t fulfill a fixture? We don’t have a CEO, we don’t have s CFO. We do have an absent owner and a toothless non-exec Director. It’s only the players that can bring this to a head now ...

It’s easy to say they have no teeth or CARD have lost the plot or ROT are this or that but as soon as any of these groups try and do something positive to rid CAFC of RD they get a torrent of abuse from fans many of who flip flop from one week to the next. Until everyone wants this tosser gone “it is what it is”
    I agree and I could be described as a flip flopper.
    I think the key is to have a plan that will unite the fans.
    The boycott plan divided the fans. (I'm not criticising).
    Agree with this. Protests at games will divide the fan base. Especially if it involves doing the same things that were done before. It’s not as if there’s really anyone there to protest against either.
  • Options

On Saturday, no one leaves the ground after the game, once all players are off the pitch everyone sits on the pitch, sure the tv cameras will come down if we make it known we are doing this

You'd get a bigger take up, if everyone sat in their seats and didn't leave the ground.

Mind you it would be more effective on a pre planned date, with more in attendance to make it more successful.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Nug said:

_MrDick said:

CAST have no teeth, IMHO. What needs to happen is for Lee Bowyer and JJ to walk out and for the players to go on strike. Who are the EFL going to call to account if we don’t fulfill a fixture? We don’t have a CEO, we don’t have s CFO. We do have an absent owner and a toothless non-exec Director. It’s only the players that can bring this to a head now ...

It’s easy to say they have no teeth or CARD have lost the plot or ROT are this or that but as soon as any of these groups try and do something positive to rid CAFC of RD they get a torrent of abuse from fans many of who flip flop from one week to the next. Until everyone wants this tosser gone “it is what it is”
    I agree.

We are all united in wanting Roland gone, but a boycott doesnt suit the fans who want to cheer on the club they have supported all there lives</blockquote

Doesn’t suit them! Says it all.

The team is the regime’s.

The club is ours.

Don’t go.
  • Options
    Nug said:

_MrDick said:

Don’t get me wrong, I have every respect for the lads and lasses who give up their time for the good of Charlton. They have some very experienced members. I am a CAST member. But what clout do they actually have with Duchatelet? Huh ... nothing. So most things they do fall on deaf ears. Hence me saying they have no teeth
  • Options

Nug said:

_MrDick said:

Why don’t you get involved with CARD? Maybe you can give them an alternative view about actions they might take, you seem to always have strong views.
  • Options
    I think we need to take a look at the way Orient dealt with Francesco Becchetti who single-handedly took one of the longest serving league clubs to non-league. It took a couple years of difficulty but they forced him out. We have been through it for 4 years now and we still seem to be sitting back and watching it happen. We are now on the road to relegation, a team full of youngsters and players wanting out. No senior members of staff, no full-time manager and more ridiculous things occuring every day.
    I'm not suggesting it should be solely the work of CAST, as a club we need to unite. But what I see is 'fans' that have given up on the club and are not willing to jump on board. I understand how depressing being a Charlton fan is at the minute. But you only have to look back 15 years ago to see how incredible being a Charlton fan can be. The only way that can return is everyone uniting together for the same end result - RD being kicked out.
    How we go about getting rid of him is not something I'm entirely clued up on, but it seems the EFL are getting away with this whole situation extremely lightly. Why they have not stepped in to help us Fans and our club I don't know. In my own opinion we need to target the EFL and the governing bodies. Again, how we go about it I don't know but I'm sure willing to get involved and help.
    I didn't think I'd see the day where I openly refuse to attend the Valley. And I do find it frustrating that people (5k?) haven't followed suit. Many will have their reasons I'm sure, but it can't be for entertainment value or enjoyment!
  • Options
    I think the biggest headline would be the non-fulfilment of a fixture(s) and would force the EFL to act

I know Roland is heading that way by decimating the squad, but can it be hastened (the fixture, not the squad destruction...)?
    I don't think there will be enough protesters in the ground to force an abandonment, so it would have to come from the playing staff - and that would be a much more powerful message.

Does anyone think that is realistic? Very few of the players have the same emotional attachment as us fans, and there are still enough u23s that have squad numbers (and presumably have been registered with the league) to field 11, but how many more senior pros do we need to lose through sale & injury before it might be a possibility?

Do the players have an appetite for a 'strike' if they are being forced to play when injured? Would they have the support of the PFA?
    If we had enough 'injuries' that we could only start with 11 with no named subs, surely that would get coverage.

Is there another way of causing a fixture to be unfulfilled apart from pitch invasion / player action that would grab the headlines?
  • Options

Don't think we can just wait for that, to be honest. More needs to happen and more quickly, in a place where many people can get involved more easily. We need to make the football authorities and the local authorities uncomfortable here.
    How about organising an EFL demo in Preston?
  • Options
    CatAddick said:

I think the biggest headline would be the non-fulfilment of a fixture(s) and would force the EFL to act

I know Roland is heading that way by decimating the squad, but can it be hastened (the fixture, not the squad destruction...)?
    I don't think there will be enough protesters in the ground to force an abandonment, so it would have to come from the playing staff - and that would be a much more powerful message.

Does anyone think that is realistic? Very few of the players have the same emotional attachment as us fans, and there are still enough u23s that have squad numbers (and presumably have been registered with the league) to field 11, but how many more senior pros do we need to lose through sale & injury before it might be a possibility?

Do the players have an appetite for a 'strike' if they are being forced to play when injured? Would they have the support of the PFA?
    If we had enough 'injuries' that we could only start with 11 with no named subs, surely that would get coverage.

Is there another way of causing a fixture to be unfulfilled apart from pitch invasion / player action that would grab the headlines?

They’d all be in breach of their contract surely which would leave them open to potential action ?

Plus I think you overestimate how much the players care provided the money hits their account each month.
  • Options
    I actually think in ground protests will be less divisive than people think.

The biggest reason was always that giving the team the best chance of promotion to The Championship would hopefully speed up the departure of RD.

But with promotion out of the question even before the Sunderland game I'd say protests such as getting the game abandoned what do we have to lose? RD's taking us down to League Two anyway if he's here for the season.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

CatAddick said:

They’d all be in breach of their contract surely which would leave them open to potential action ?

Plus I think you overestimate how much the players care provided the money hits their account each month.
    I tend to agree that they probably don't care about the club, but they might care about their long term future. If they were to refuse to play because of 'injury' is that in breach of contract and would the PFA back them?
  • Options
    Why on earth would the players strike? It’s not like he’s stopped paying their wages.

The only people who are going to do anything are concerned fans, but apart from ROT embarrassing him at home, I’m not sure what will get his attention
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Imo
    This is Duchetalets parting shot for being outsmarted by CARD and the great unwashed of SE London. We can either ride it out then pick up the pieces or take action and do something on Saturday. I'll leave it to the more imaginative to think of something.
  • Options
    CatAddick said:

If players and staff - particularly match day staff - are unable to get into the ground, then it would be difficult for a game to go ahead.

Don't forget, the opposition and the match officials also need to be present. Pretty sure we all know which overnight accommodation both use locally.
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Addickted said:

That is the strength of the Coalition.

Is this the same coalition that cannot agree on a ST boycott?

Could the fanbase agree on the ST boycott?
  • Options
    CAST too busy trying to get an apology from Bowyer FFS
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    I think it's past the point of trying a boycott. For one, it's ineffective if you can't get everyone to agree and secondly, Roland doesn't give a shit about an empty stadium. In fact he's probably hoping that eventually no-one shows up so he can sell the land for a mint.

If I'm thinking long term, the most traction will come from a continuation of inside and outside protests at the Valley. Yeah, you'd have to begrudgingly hand over money for a match ticket but it invigorated like minded fans and felt like we were all in it together. Not to mention the exposure many of the protests received in the national media.

It might not have resulted in a sale at that time but I feel as those we got closer to pushing Roland out than in the last two years of far fewer Valley protests. We're at our most effective when Charlton fans unite to make him look like a fool at home and abroad.

That's my two pence worth.
  • Options
    Solidgone said:

CAST should be taking the lead; the spokesman for the fans.

The big problem is, the fans are utterly and hopelessly divided. If CL was representative of all Charlton fans things would be much simpler, but it isn’t.
  • Options
    I have said for a while if he was still here for the first home game we should make the club unmanageable.

What ever that means to you, spamming club email accounts and telephone lines, hand chuffing yourself to the main gates so they can't open them, picketing the training ground, in ground protests, pad locking fire doors, gluing locks.

The staff and players/football management shouldn't be the victims but it's gone passed that now....
  • Options

Any suggestions Blue Peter?
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Nug said:

Nug said:

_MrDick said:

Why don’t you get involved with CARD? Maybe you can give them an alternative view about actions they might take, you seem to always have strong views.
    The difficulty I have with being a member of CARD, or being a board member of CAST or whatever, is that at some point in time, it will put you in a difficult situation.
    When you disagree with the decided actions and then you either have to go along with something you don't agree with or resign, or be called upon to resign.

I prefer to offer suggestions and leave my options open.
    I have given my opinions to CARD & CAST, privately on many occasions, when I have been asked for them and am always happy to do so.
  • Options

Why is everyone talking about Roland and ignoring the aussies

The last hold up we heard was an issue with the Aussies.

What we need to do is harp on at them, why havent they bought the club yet.

What is the hold up

Who is causing the issues

Why hasnt this been sorted yet.

And if all that comes back as its all Rolands fault then carry on.

But ATM the Aussies need to take some blame and heat as well IMO.

yeah and whilst at it why not ask the same of the Saudis, the Scottish Group, Red Bull etc etc. Let's not distract from the fact this is ALL the fault of one man, and one man only, Roland Twoshits.

Agree with both of you to some extent.

I can't wait for Roland to finally fuck off.

But I'm not looking forward to the Aussies tbh, as Paulie said it seems to be in the Aussies hands at the minute, something isn't right.