Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Football League season (18/19)

Comments

• Options
    Ref blew up for offside against Bristol City when it was onside and they would have been 1 on 1.

Less than 5 minutes later he fails to givr Wigan a clear pen
  • Options
    Wigan’s average attendance in their 4 home league games so far is 44% of capacity
  • Options
    edited September 2018

Wigan’s average attendance in their 4 home league games so far is 44% of capacity

Wigan is still fundamentally a Rugby League town .. and there is a LOT of football competition in the area .. Wigan FC despite some recent success has no real history . Wigan based football fans are quite likely to be attached to Liverpool/Everton or one of the Manc clubs

anyway, I had a fiver on them to get promoted at big odds before the start of the season .. quite a hard n dirty team with a ruthless manager .. and they have Powell as their class act
  • Options

Wigan is still fundamentally a Rugby League town .. and there is a LOT of football competition in the area .. Wigan FC despite some recent success has no real history . Wigan based football fans are quite likely to be attached to Liverpool/Everton or one of the Manc clubs

anyway, I had a fiver on them to get promoted at big odds before the start of the season .. quite a hard n dirty team with a ruthless manager .. and they have Powell as their class act
    Agree, re them being in an area predominantly rugby fan based etc
    Was just pointing out that the stadium being “more than half empty” is nothing unusual
  • Options
    Barnsley Burton has been delayed

Burton fan being given CPR
  • Options
    1st thing I read was a Burton fan but it sounds like its a photographer infront of the Burton Fans thats having CPR
  • Options
    Barnsley Burton called off
  • Options
    Looking at the Gillingham Peterborough highlights, have the Gills changed where they seat the away fans permanently? Home fans in the lovely scaffold stand
  • Options
    Seen the free kick Wimbledon got last night?
    I actually HOPE the ref took a bung....if this was a genuine error then there's simply no hope

He's looking right at it from 5 yards away!!!

• Options

Seen the free kick Wimbledon got last night?
    I actually HOPE the ref took a bung....if this was a genuine error then there's simply no hope

He's looking right at it from 5 yards away!!!

That is an absolute disgrace
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Down to 11th after today's results.

5 points of 6th, and 4 losses already this season doesn't scream promotion.
  • Options
    Fair to say results didn't go our way today with 5 of the top 6 in the table all winning! (And the other one, Sunderland, not playing).

As Croydon says, down to 11th now and 5 points off a play-off spot. Can't afford too many more bad days at the office.
  • Options
    Croydon said:

And a game in hand.

But you are right I guees this close to the end of the season it is a bit much.

Wait what its only October really cos from the post above i thought it was April.
  • Options

Croydon said:

And a game in hand.

Wait what its only October really cos from the post above i thought it was April.
    Seeing as you struggled first time round, I've highlighted the bit of my post which should help you work out how early on in the season it is. If you need any further help, let me know.
  • Options
    Looking at the table now, Sadly I think the top 5 teams will be there at the end of the season but don't know in which position. The rest are fighting for 6th spot. League 1 is poor. Think Pompey will be 100% going up and my favourites to win it. 2nd spot could go to either of Doncaster, Barnsley, Sunderland or Peterborough and then it is a fight for the rest. Bowyer has not done anything right but watching our "defence" of Sarr, Solly (who is better at wing back) and the others. I accept we have defenders that are injured but they are also injury prone. We need a new owner to allow Bowyer to spend an invest in some defenders in the Jan transfer window (yeah right).
  • Options
    We need six points from our next two games just to stay in contention.
    I doubt we will get them though.
  • Options
    Croydon said:

Croydon said:

And a game in hand.

Seeing as you struggled first time round, I've highlighted the bit of my post which should help you work out how early on in the season it is. If you need any further help, let me know.
    You are aware the team in 4th have lost 3 so only 1 more right.

There is a long way to go in the season, how many times do u see a team scrap into 6th and get promoted.

Its fucking October and we are 5 points off playoffs with a game in hand
  • Options
    Rudders22 said:

Looking at the table now, Sadly I think the top 5 teams will be there at the end of the season but don't know in which position. The rest are fighting for 6th spot. League 1 is poor. Think Pompey will be 100% going up and my favourites to win it. 2nd spot could go to either of Doncaster, Barnsley, Sunderland or Peterborough and then it is a fight for the rest. Bowyer has not done anything right but watching our "defence" of Sarr, Solly (who is better at wing back) and the others. I accept we have defenders that are injured but they are also injury prone. We need a new owner to allow Bowyer to spend an invest in some defenders in the Jan transfer window (yeah right).

Bit harsh :-)
  • Options
    Rudders22 said:

Did you mean Bowyer has not done anything wrong ?
  • Options
    My head hurts
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2018
  • Options

Croydon said:

Croydon said:

And a game in hand.

You are aware the team in 4th have lost 3 so only 1 more right.

There is a long way to go in the season, how many times do u see a team scrap into 6th and get promoted.

Its fucking October and we are 5 points off playoffs with a game in hand
    Did I say the season was over? The target was top 2, not scraping 6th
  • Options

Rudders22 said:

Shit I meant Bowyer has not done anything wrong. (of course).
  • Options

Rudders22 said:

Yeah I did mate. BTW I made the Coventry game in the end. I only had 4 pints in the end. Too much dancing and talking plus there was a buffet. Met a lot of old faces that used to work with us and the current ones.. then turned up for the game on Sat....
  • Options
    Rudders22 said:

Rudders22 said:

Yeah I did mate. BTW I made the Coventry game in the end. I only had 4 pints in the end. Too much dancing and talking plus there was a buffet. Met a lot of old faces that used to work with us and the current ones.. then turned up for the game on Sat....
    Sorry about that. I bet you wish you hadn't :wink:
  • Options
    Oxford win...........now watch them go on a run, beating us obviously.

I cant see us picking up another point in October. Have an in form Barnsley next & then KR's team. Always lose those type of games - ex players scoring too so lump a score on Holmes to score.
  • Options

Rudders22 said:

Rudders22 said:

Tell me about it Covered End. I lent my season ticket to a mate of mine and I texted him to said "In the very Unlikely event that I don't have a hangover then you can still have it and I will just buy a ticket on the day (that cost £27). Even on Sat morning feeling knackered I was tempted to stay home but a) With Bowyer's sides at least we do give it a go and won't finish 0-0, and the last I game I missed due to a bad hangover (which ironically was this mate's birthday) was when Charlton beat Coventry 5-3 when Sir Chris Powell scored in his last game for us" I had that in the back of my mind.
  • Options
    Rudders22 said:

Rudders22 said:

I know. Sorry to be pedantic but it made me chuckle.
  • Options

Rudders22 said:

Rudders22 said:

I know. Sorry to be pedantic but it made me chuckle.
    me 2....
  • Options
    Rudders22 said:

Rudders22 said:

Rudders22 said:

Tell me about it Covered End. I lent my season ticket to a mate of mine and I texted him to said "In the very Unlikely event that I don't have a hangover then you can still have it and I will just buy a ticket on the day (that cost £27). Even on Sat morning feeling knackered I was tempted to stay home but a) With Bowyer's sides at least we do give it a go and won't finish 0-0, and the last I game I missed due to a bad hangover (which ironically was this mate's birthday) was when Charlton beat Coventry 5-3 when Sir Chris Powell scored in his last game for us" I had that in the back of my mind.
    You'll never be a millonaire :smile: