Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

THIERRY HENRY LEAVES SKYSPORTS

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2018
    iaitch said:

I thought this Tony Xia who bought them a couple of years ago was a billionaire? How come the financial problems then?

He's also had problems getting money out of China, as they've been cracking down on the money flowing out of the country (into football)
  • Options

iaitch said:

I thought this Tony Xia who bought them a couple of years ago was a billionaire? How come the financial problems then?

he's a paper billionaire .. shares in the South Sea Bubble Company
    100% false
  • Options

iaitch said:

He's also had problems getting money out of China, as they've been cracking down on the money flowing out of the country (into football)
    Are Wolves still owned by the Chinese? They seem to be splashing the cash.
  • Options
    edited July 2018

iaitch said:

he's a paper billionaire .. shares in the South Sea Bubble Company
    100% false
    hahahahah .. really ... I though the SSBC was still going ..
  • Options
    iaitch said:

iaitch said:

I think some people still are able to find ways to get money out of China.
  • Options

iaitch said:

iaitch said:

I send home shoe boxes stuffed full of cash every month, maybe I should share my pro tips with Tony.
  • Options
    iaitch said:

iaitch said:

Yes they're owned by the investment group, Fosun International, who made just the $2.1 billion net profit last year.
  • Options
    Henry has agreed terms to become manager of .. Egypt .. reportedly (BBC)
  • Options

Weird one!
  • Options

iaitch said:

iaitch said:

I send home shoe boxes stuffed full of cash every month, maybe I should share my pro tips with Tony.
    Ah, money laundering. We used to have a laundry basket, did it leave few managers?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

iaitch said:

iaitch said:

And where do you send that to? Just so I know which postman to mug.
  • Options

"Right lads these are the tactics...give it to Mo Salah"
  • Options

iaitch said:

iaitch said:

And where do you send that to? Just so I know which postman to mug.
    Only a fool would try to mug an SE7 postie!
  • Options
    I'm sure that Thierry can handle it, much like the ball against Ireland.

Never forget.
  • Options
    Thierry Henry named as Monaco manager. Big job on his hands to turn them around.

Really harsh on Jardim to get the sack, especially after what he's done there in recent seasons. You can't expect to sell the likes of Martial, Mbappe, Bernardo Silva, Mendy, Lemar, Fabinho, Kondogbia, Kurzawa, Bakayoko and Moutinho and not really replace them and then still expect the manager to do well.
  • Options

Thierry Henry named as Monaco manager. Big job on his hands to turn them around.

Really harsh on Jardim to get the sack, especially after what he's done there in recent seasons. You can't expect to sell the likes of Martial, Mbappe, Bernardo Silva, Mendy, Lemar, Fabinho, Kondogbia, Kurzawa, Bakayoko and Moutinho and not really replace them and then still expect the manager to do well.

I agree but at the same time you cant have players like Falcao, Jovetic, Tielemans, Rony Lopes, Golovim, Chadli and Glik who are all international players and sit 3rd bottom in French Leagye 4 points from safety and 0 wins in 10 games in all competitions.

I agree he had a tough job losing all those big names, but they should be higher than they are with the players they have
  • Options
    Great player, crap pundit, totally unproven as a manager.
    You've taken a punt on a name, haven't you Monaco. Good luck with that.
  • Options

I agree but at the same time you cant have players like Falcao, Jovetic, Tielemans, Rony Lopes, Golovim, Chadli and Glik who are all international players and sit 3rd bottom in French Leagye 4 points from safety and 0 wins in 10 games in all competitions.

I agree he had a tough job losing all those big names, but they should be higher than they are with the players they have
    Falcao is getting on a bit though he's 32 now, Jovetic barely plays, Tielemans and Lopes are good prospects but still young, Golovin also a good prospect but has hardly featured and Chadli couldn't get a game at a terrible West Brom side last season.

None of those players (apart from Falcao) are anywhere close to the quality of the players they sold. You can't sell 500m of players and expect to get by with Falcao and a few kids. An impossible job for Jardim and after having to almost build a new side every season it seems like this year he'd had enough.
  • Options

Used to play for them and has been assistant under a manager for the last year. He's as experienced as Chris Powell was when he took over Charlton and more experienced than Curbs and Gritt, and Bowyer were when they took over Charlton.
  • Options
    How do people have time to know what's going on in French football?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Uboat said:

How do people have time to know what's going on in French football?

Doesnt take long to work it out... PSG are romping the title whilst everyone else is fighting for the other positions ;)
  • Options

Used to play for them and has been assistant under a manager for the last year. He's as experienced as Chris Powell was when he took over Charlton and more experienced than Curbs and Gritt, and Bowyer were when they took over Charlton.
    It's a much bigger job than a failing league one club though isn't it.
    We'll see I guess.
  • Options
    edited October 2018

Falcao is getting on a bit though he's 32 now, Jovetic barely plays, Tielemans and Lopes are good prospects but still young, Golovin also a good prospect but has hardly featured and Chadli couldn't get a game at a terrible West Brom side last season.

None of those players (apart from Falcao) are anywhere close to the quality of the players they sold. You can't sell 500m of players and expect to get by with Falcao and a few kids. An impossible job for Jardim and after having to almost build a new side every season it seems like this year he'd had enough.
    As I said I agree that it was a hard job.

But the players he has should still not be below the likes of Amiens, Nimes, Reims.

To be in the relegation zone in the french league 4 points from safety with international players is not good enough
  • Options
    Hasn't exactly started his managerial career off too well
  • Options

Hasn't exactly started his managerial career off too well

More bugger than Brugge
  • Options
    The curse of Sky Sports.

Richard Keys must have put a hex on the place before leaving.
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    Gary Neville-level managing
  • Options
    Will not have what it takes to make a good manager
  • Options
    Monaco 1 Strasbourg 5. Thierry is doing well.