Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Darren Pratley (Page 22 - Signed for Leyton Orient)

Comments

• Options
    can see Boyer thinking about a diamond Pratley sitting, JFC and Aribo in front and when Fit Reeves or Clarke in the hole.
  • Options

can see Boyer thinking about a diamond Pratley sitting, JFC and Aribo in front and when Fit Reeves or Clarke in the hole.

Where do you fit Fosu in that, and where is the pace and directness in that midfield?
  • Options
    Phillips
    Solly | Bauer | Pearce | Page
    Fosu | Pratley | Forster-Caskey | Aribo
    Taylor | Magennis
  • Options
    Ross said:

Great news. Still one more needed for central midfield. Then a keeper and left back as a priority.

I think Pratley, Aribo, JFC and Dijksteel is ok for CM, with some youngsters plus Reeves and Clarke.

Definitely need another full-back, preferably two. Probably need another keeper, CB and winger aswell.

Phillips, another experienced to challenge
    Solly, New
    Bauer, New
    Pearce, Sarr
    Page, New
    Dijksteel, Pratley
    JFC, Aribo
    Marshall, another
    Clarke, Fosu, Reeves
    Magennis, Igor, Grant, Taylor

That's the 23 man squad we would need to get promoted IMO, especially with some of the injuries. Would get rid of Ajose.

• Options

Phillips
    Solly | Bauer | Pearce | Page
    Fosu | Pratley | Forster-Caskey | Aribo
    Taylor | Magennis

It's a half decent side, would still prefer a winger in over Aribo though.

Problem is the "second XI"

AMB
    Marshall, Sarr, Blumberg, Mascoll
    Grant, Dijksteel, Clarke, Reeves
    Igor, Ajose

That team would get relegated from this division.
  • Options
    edited July 2018

Ross said:

Great news. Still one more needed for central midfield. Then a keeper and left back as a priority.

I think Pratley, Aribo, JFC and Dijksteel is ok for CM, with some youngsters plus Reeves and Clarke.

Definitely need another full-back, preferably two. Probably need another keeper, CB and winger aswell.

Solly, New
    Bauer, New
    Pearce, Sarr
    Page, New
    Dijksteel, Pratley
    JFC, Aribo
    Marshall, another
    Clarke, Fosu, Reeves

That's the 23 man squad we would need to get promoted IMO, especially with some of the injuries. Would get rid of Ajose.

Phillips
    New GK

Solly Bauer Pearce Page
    Dijksteel Ward Sarr New LB

Marshall Pratley JFC Fosu
    Dawkins New CM Aribo Grant

Clarke
    Reeves

Taylor Vetokele
    Magennis Ajose
  • Options
    Impressive signing, that
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sage said:

Ross said:

Solly, New
    Bauer, New
    Pearce, Sarr
    Page, New
    Dijksteel, Pratley
    JFC, Aribo
    Marshall, another
    Clarke, Fosu, Reeves

Phillips
    New GK

Solly Bauer Pearce Page

Dawkins Poyet Aribo Grant

Taylor Vetokele
    Magennis Ajose
    You forget Reeves and Clarke

Both could easily slot in behind Taylor if we decided to go 4-4-1-1 or 4-5-1 (provided Taylor doesnt get isolated)
  • Options

Sage said:

Ross said:

Solly, New
    Bauer, New
    Pearce, Sarr
    Page, New
    Dijksteel, Pratley
    JFC, Aribo
    Marshall, another
    Clarke, Fosu, Reeves

Phillips
    New GK

Solly Bauer Pearce Page

Taylor Vetokele
    Magennis Ajose
    You forgot Reeves and Clarke

Both could easily slot in behind Taylor if we decided to go 4-4-1-1 or 4-5-1 (provided Taylor doesnt get isolated)
    Amended, thanks.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

Not happy with Solly as first choice RB.

Sorry, an' all that :-(

Hopefully Bowyer can get him back to form...

He hasnt played under him and think everyone started to lose it under Robinson
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

Everyone is entitled to their opinion JS
  • Options
    Decent signing tbh.
    But with vetokele being injured we are still 3 or 4 players short of a promotion push.
    But if we can bring in players like Taylor and Pratley in quite happy.

In Bowyer we trust.
  • Options
    Now you're gonna believe uuuusssss, we're gonna win the league!!
  • Options
    Sage said:

Ross said:

Solly, New
    Bauer, New
    Pearce, Sarr
    Page, New
    Dijksteel, Pratley
    JFC, Aribo
    Marshall, another
    Clarke, Fosu, Reeves

Phillips
    New GK

Solly Bauer Pearce Page

Clarke
    Reeves

Taylor Vetokele
    Magennis Ajose
    Or that if you see Dijksteel as a RB. Would personally prefer to see him at CM and a new RB rather than Poyet.

Would also prefer to see Grant as a striker. Ajose has had chances and not good enough IMO.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

Agreed, alongside a striker and CM I see this as a priority. Someone who could play LB would be idea as don't trust Pages' fitness.
  • Options
    Could be the new Captain
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Redhenry said:

Could be the new Captain

Nah either leave it to Solly or if your taking it away then Pearce should be Captain
  • Options

Sage said:

Ross said:

Solly, New
    Bauer, New
    Pearce, Sarr
    Page, New
    Dijksteel, Pratley
    JFC, Aribo
    Marshall, another
    Clarke, Fosu, Reeves

Phillips
    New GK

Solly Bauer Pearce Page

Clarke
    Reeves

Taylor Vetokele
    Magennis Ajose
    Or that if you see Dijksteel as a RB. Would personally prefer to see him at CM and a new RB rather than Poyet.

Would also prefer to see Grant as a striker. Ajose has had chances and not good enough IMO.
    I would love to see Anfernee in midfield in his best position, but Bowyer hasn’t even mentioned him as a midfielder and I think we was impressed with him at right back. I would prefer us to sign a right back to compete with Solly, and allow Dijksteel to play in his natural position, I just am not convinced that is going to happen.

I would keep Ajose, even more so now Vetokele is out for the start of the season. I wouldn’t feel comfortable going into the season with Taylor, Magennis and Grant as our strikers. Taylor is an upgrade but you’re relying on him to stay fit and Grant to perform how he did for Crawley. I’d still keep Ajose, maybe not start, but for sure he is worth keeping throughout the course of a season.
  • Options
    We might get another 2 if we're lucky once the injuries ans suspensions start piling up and the kids start playing that's when we are fucked
  • Options
    Redhenry said:

Could be the new Captain

Judging by the way he tweets, Pearce should be and probably will be captain, he's the one welcoming players to the club, commenting on games and posting about Charlton more than anyone else
  • Options
    Pearce will be team captain.
  • Options
    according to wiki he's signed on for 2 years .. he's experienced, tough, been around the proverbial block and will do a job for us, provided of course that he's not suffering from any undisclosed/undiscovered broken limbs, loose joints or overstretched ligaments .. he's a Londoner, from Barking (woof woof) ..

welcome Darren and all the very best
  • Options

JamesSeed said:

Hopefully Bowyer can get him back to form...

He hasnt played under him and think everyone started to lose it under Robinson
    I don't think it's the manager with Solly. I think it's the legs, unfortunately. He looked well off the pace even when we were playing well. And we shouldn't rely on him to play 46 games even if he's in good form. We need someone who can challenge him at RB, and is good enough to be first choice.
  • Options
    If we'd signed him last season, I think Pratley would have been seen as good cover for JFC and Kashi (the kind we needed, actually). He's a run around a lot get tackles in tough man midfielder which you desperately need in a 4-4-2, but I feel the ability in the team has dropped. Maybe some of that is necessary to be more realistic about this division, but we struggled to score goals for long stretches last season and I don't really see us as addressing that. Igor and Taylor are good additions up front but we struggled to create chances more than finish them (though we struggled with the latter as well). And I just don't think what we have now is nearly as good as what we had last season, let alone good enough to challenge.