Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jeremy Corbyn backs idea of putting fan on the board at Charlton

Comments

• Options
    holyjo said:

holyjo said:

Redrobo said:

Assume you are going to vote for the politician that would be be best for Charlton and/or football.

Based on actual statements, who would that be and what have they said?

Not the one who does next to nothing about the rampant anti-Semitism in his party and is a friend to terrorists.
    Would love to have you explain how he is a friend to terrorists a phrase you now bandy about .
    I doubt that very much but since you asked

"Jeremy Corbyn has vowed to continue talking to terrorist organisations Hamas and Hezbollah, in comments that threaten to further destabilise his leadership ahead of the local elections.

The Labour leader refused to denounce the groups in the wake of calls from Jewish leaders, the Israeli Ambassador and members of his own party to distance himself from those with anti-Semitic views.

He has previously referred to the organisations as "friends", despite both being declared terrorist groups by the EU and America."

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/05/01/jeremy-corbyn-under-pressure-to-denounce-friends-hamas-and-hezbo/
    Jeremy Corbyn has a historical , publicly stated , antipathy towards war , the use of weapons of mass destruction and the use of nuclear weapons. Not everyone agrees with his position (we are a democracy after all) , but his foreign policy positions have largely been proved right. As part of this approach he has consistently advocated talking to those who one opposes as a way of bringing people around the table. One might say in the spirit of "Jaw Jaw better than War War". He is right to think this , he is right to act in this fashion , and has been proven so time and time again.

In fact all political parties in this country take this approach, It is the only logical way to move from war to eventual peace. The difference is this. Whilst JC is open and honest about his approach and his reasons for doing so , other politicians and parties blatantly lie to the British people. During the conflict in Ireland the Conservatives advocated a public position of never talking to terrorists, whilst covertly doing the opposite behind the scenes.

Being a peacemaker is a difficult and sometimes dirty process. On occasions one will have to appear on platforms with , and say "nice" things to people whom you profoundly disagree with. President Trump had a go at this recently,sharing a platform with a despot who tortures and imprisons his people.

So my argument is not that "others do it too" , even though that's patently true , or indeed that JC is at least is honest about it , which is also patently true. My argument is that he ( and others ) are right to do so , even though its difficult , that there is no other way of resolving conflicts than this approach.

Your position is obviously binary and prejudiced , clearly asinine and immature , and does not recognise the Real Politik that most grown ups know needs to happen to make any kind of progress in conflicts.
    Nice attempt to smear.

You asked for evidence, got it and so turned to personal insults.

He is, by his own admission, a friend to misogynistic, homophobic, racists.

He talks to one side only, not both sides.
  • Options
    I don't think anyone has accused JC of anti-Semitism, unless I missed it? Just that he hasn't done much to condemn and tackle it in his own party, which is unacceptable.
  • Options
    McBobbin said:

I don't think anyone has accused JC of anti-Semitism, unless I missed it? Just that he hasn't done much to condemn and tackle it in his own party, which is unacceptable.

Have you missed litterally every single post by Henry on this thread?
  • Options

holyjo said:

holyjo said:

Redrobo said:

Assume you are going to vote for the politician that would be be best for Charlton and/or football.

Not the one who does next to nothing about the rampant anti-Semitism in his party and is a friend to terrorists.
    Would love to have you explain how he is a friend to terrorists a phrase you now bandy about .

"Jeremy Corbyn has vowed to continue talking to terrorist organisations Hamas and Hezbollah, in comments that threaten to further destabilise his leadership ahead of the local elections.

The Labour leader refused to denounce the groups in the wake of calls from Jewish leaders, the Israeli Ambassador and members of his own party to distance himself from those with anti-Semitic views.

He has previously referred to the organisations as "friends", despite both being declared terrorist groups by the EU and America."

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/05/01/jeremy-corbyn-under-pressure-to-denounce-friends-hamas-and-hezbo/
    Jeremy Corbyn has a historical , publicly stated , antipathy towards war , the use of weapons of mass destruction and the use of nuclear weapons. Not everyone agrees with his position (we are a democracy after all) , but his foreign policy positions have largely been proved right. As part of this approach he has consistently advocated talking to those who one opposes as a way of bringing people around the table. One might say in the spirit of "Jaw Jaw better than War War". He is right to think this , he is right to act in this fashion , and has been proven so time and time again.

In fact all political parties in this country take this approach, It is the only logical way to move from war to eventual peace. The difference is this. Whilst JC is open and honest about his approach and his reasons for doing so , other politicians and parties blatantly lie to the British people. During the conflict in Ireland the Conservatives advocated a public position of never talking to terrorists, whilst covertly doing the opposite behind the scenes.

Being a peacemaker is a difficult and sometimes dirty process. On occasions one will have to appear on platforms with , and say "nice" things to people whom you profoundly disagree with. President Trump had a go at this recently,sharing a platform with a despot who tortures and imprisons his people.

So my argument is not that "others do it too" , even though that's patently true , or indeed that JC is at least is honest about it , which is also patently true. My argument is that he ( and others ) are right to do so , even though its difficult , that there is no other way of resolving conflicts than this approach.

Your position is obviously binary and prejudiced , clearly asinine and immature , and does not recognise the Real Politik that most grown ups know needs to happen to make any kind of progress in conflicts.
    Nice attempt to smear.

You asked for evidence, got it and so turned to personal insults.

He is, by his own admission, a friend to misogynistic, homophobic, racists.

He talks to one side only, not both sides.
    Are deliberately being ironic or are you just saying other people, not JC, hold those beliefs? Because you seem to be implying he does just because he used friends in a diplomatic fashion. You don't actually think they are mates do you?
  • Options
    edited June 2018

Fixed it for you ........ And to be gracious I apologise for the rather personal and unnecessary final paragraph.

So would you like to have a stab at rebuffing my actual argument @Henry Irving ?

• Options
    oh jeremy corbyn
  • Options
    We need a bit of rampant to the ramparts.
  • Options
    holyjo said:

Fixed it for you ........ And to be gracious I apologise for the rather personal and unnecessary final paragraph.

So would you like to have a stab at rebuffing my actual argument @Henry Irving ?

I'm at a client's all day but will do so later.

Apology accepted.
  • Options
    Time to get some humour in this thread
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Threads like this really bring out the worst in people.
  • Options

It always seems to me that the people who go rabid, foaming at the mouth about the thought of a cult of Corbyn, seem to be oblivious that they are displaying the attributes of the cult of anti-Corbyn!

Nice Corbynista smear there.

Anyone who critises the Great Leader is "rabid" and "forming at the mouth"

So you don't have to deal with the embarrassing truth of the emperor's New clothes.
  • Options
    shine166 said:

McBobbin said:

Not at all... Looked like he was finding examples of anti-Semitism in the labour party
  • Options
    shine166 said:

shine166 said:

shine166 said:

shine166 said:

holyjo said:

Redrobo said:

One mans terrorist is another mans freedom fighter

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/jul/06/theresa-may-accused-of-double-standards-over-terrorism-funding

more "what about-ism"
    ok keep spouting the anti semetic bollox and ignoring my question, seems to be the Tory way !

May cant be a 2 faced terrorist funding cunt.... because you said corbyn was first lol. Funny how even the intelligent people on here come across like fucking morons when politics is involved.
    I never mentioned May, you did.

I'm no fan of May or the Tory party either but this thread is about Corbyn, the friend of terrorists.

But I was asked for evidence of his friendship with terrorists and provided it.

Unsurprisingly, for the cult of Corbyn, that was immediately dismissed.

You didnt prove anything, you linked a report that asked for him to appologise... I didnt read any proof of his terrorist ties
    Despite him calling them friends?

More evidence of Corbyn's labour party's anti-Semitism

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/books/2016/sep/13/the-lefts-jewish-problem-corbyn-israel-and-antisemitism-dave-rich-review
    In a modern world youre considered anti semitic if youre anti zionist, I am considered anti semitic for supporting Palestine and boycotting isreali products made on stolen land.

Take a step back. Replace Jews with black and black with jews. Now imagine a world in which there is only one nation that has been created for black people (after a major holocaust) that is surrounded by nations that want it decimated. Now imagine that these black people all follow an abrahimic religion, many of who believe that part of their faith is to support the creation and maintenance of this sanctuary nation.

Would you be quite so proud of calling yourself “anti zionist?”, or would you think that some one who boycotted everything from this nation mostly composed of black people was really a bit of a closet racist? Using whatever excuse they could just because they didn’t really like them.

Your problem is not with Zionism. It’s with Israeli conservatism. A political ideology.

-

As a note, to other comments, it’s quite possible to be pro nuclear armament and be pro peace. Nuclear weapons have guaranteed our safety for over 50 years, when have we had such a prolonged period of peace on this island?
  • Options

It always seems to me that the people who go rabid, foaming at the mouth about the thought of a cult of Corbyn, seem to be oblivious that they are displaying the attributes of the cult of anti-Corbyn!

So you don't have to deal with the embarrassing truth of the emperor's New clothes.
    A few posts ago you were getting all upset about personal insults and now you are the one throwing out phrases like Corbynista and great leader in a derogatory fashion. You are trying to tar all his supporters with the same brush

@MuttleyCAFC simply made an observation on the way some people act, he didn't smear anyone.

• Options

shine166 said:

shine166 said:

shine166 said:

shine166 said:

holyjo said:

Redrobo said:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/jul/06/theresa-may-accused-of-double-standards-over-terrorism-funding

more "what about-ism"
    ok keep spouting the anti semetic bollox and ignoring my question, seems to be the Tory way !

May cant be a 2 faced terrorist funding cunt.... because you said corbyn was first lol. Funny how even the intelligent people on here come across like fucking morons when politics is involved.

I'm no fan of May or the Tory party either but this thread is about Corbyn, the friend of terrorists.

You didnt prove anything, you linked a report that asked for him to appologise... I didnt read any proof of his terrorist ties

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/books/2016/sep/13/the-lefts-jewish-problem-corbyn-israel-and-antisemitism-dave-rich-review
    In a modern world youre considered anti semitic if youre anti zionist, I am considered anti semitic for supporting Palestine and boycotting isreali products made on stolen land.

Take a step back. Replace Jews with black and black with jews. Now imagine a world in which there is only one nation that has been created for black people (after a major holocaust) that is surrounded by nations that want it decimated. Now imagine that these black people all follow an abrahimic religion, many of who believe that part of their faith is to support the creation and maintenance of this sanctuary nation.

Would you be quite so proud of calling yourself “anti zionist?”, or would you think that some one who boycotted everything from this nation mostly composed of black people was really a bit of a closet racist? Using whatever excuse they could just because they didn’t really like them.

Your problem is not with Zionism. It’s with Israeli conservatism. A political ideology.

-

As a note, to other comments, it’s quite possible to be pro nuclear armament and be pro peace. Nuclear weapons have guaranteed our safety for over 50 years, when have we had such a prolonged period of peace on this island?
    Iraq or Bosnia?
  • Options
    It's possible to talk to different organizations, even terrorist groups, to understand what they want and try to find either peaceful settlements, or to try to further your country's best interests. This must make it difficult, for example the culture of Saudi Arabia is completely alien to my own views. But that's true of many if not most countries to a greater or lesser degree... Cosying up to one side against another without addressing or acknowledging both sides of the argument is foolish imho. I think you should criticise your allies and your "enemies", but back it up. Corbyn seems either unable or unwilling to do this, which is a pity as he has the right personality to actually take a step back and discuss rationally and critically. He's not a sound bite politician.
  • Options

shine166 said:

shine166 said:

shine166 said:

shine166 said:

holyjo said:

Redrobo said:

more "what about-ism"

-

Iraq or Bosnia?
    Ah yes, i remember quaking in fear cowering in bomb shelters whilst the Iraqi soviet era jets were flying over bombing our capital.
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    There are three things that have created peace in Europe, Our possession of a nuclear deterrent, NATO and the EU, Corbyn wants us rid of all three. Not sure how I can see that’s the actions of a man of peace?
  • Options
    edited June 2018

shine166 said:

shine166 said:

shine166 said:

shine166 said:

holyjo said:

Redrobo said:

more "what about-ism"

-

Iraq or Bosnia?
    Ah yes, i remember quaking in fear cowering in bomb shelters whilst the Iraqi soviet era jets were flying over bombing our capital.
    We were not at peace despite having nuclear weapons and nice of you to not think about the British servicemen that died just because you weren't personally threatened.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

There are three things that have created peace in Europe, Our possession of a nuclear deterrent, NATO and the EU, Corbyn wants us rid of all three. Not sure how I can see that’s the actions of a man of peace?

Id be interested to know how the nuclear deterrent and NATO have kept peace in Europe ?
  • Options

Time to get some humour in this thread

A Daily Mail stitch up right there!

There i was having a quiet Sunday pint with Diane down my local boozer run by friends, a collective of Nicaraguan micro brewers, when out jumps two bods with a flag of the sadly now defunct CCCP and another with a camera and click click before you could say James Martin Pacelli McGuinness...
  • Options
    holyjo said:

Id be interested to know how the nuclear deterrent and NATO have kept peace in Europe ?
    World wars before nato and nuclear deterrent: 2

World wars after; 0.

But I suppose it’s fairy dust that keeps the world at peace.

shine166 said:

shine166 said:

shine166 said:

shine166 said:

holyjo said:

Redrobo said:

more "what about-ism"

-

Iraq or Bosnia?
    We were not at peace despite having nuclear weapons and nice of you to not think about the British servicemen that died just because you weren't personally threatened.
    But we, the civilian population were at peace. The military action in both cases were done to maintain that peace at home (whether it did or was necessary is a different debate).
  • Options
    holyjo said:

Especially after Ukraine being invaded and there being only two nations with nuclear weapons.
  • Options
    shine166 said:

McBobbin said:

Please give an example from this thread of me saying that.

Another smear
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

Threads like this really bring out the worst in people.

Amen to that. Why fellow Charlton fans want to fall out over the likes of Corbyn/Abbott/May/Hunt (delete as appropriate) is beyond me.
  • Options

Redrobo said:

Redrobo said:

Ah, I can see you are struggling to understand the question.

I am not talking about Arsenal or Millwall supporters, but football in the wider context.
    If he's not able, or willing, to deal with serious issues like the rampant anti-Semitism in his own party and is so deluded that he's willing to ignore the misogyny and homophobia of the terror groups he befriends then I doubt he is capable of bringing about any real change in football, not that he'll ever, thankfully, be elected.

So it's a moot point about a click bait campaign endorsed by a man who ignores racism, homophobia and misogyny in his political allies.

Have you understood?
    I do so hope you are right

• Options

A few posts ago you were getting all upset about personal insults and now you are the one throwing out phrases like Corbynista and great leader in a derogatory fashion. You are trying to tar all his supporters with the same brush

@MuttleyCAFC simply made an observation on the way some people act, he didn't smear anyone.

Even if you believe it wasn't directed at me, which I didn't actually say it was (read what I said), it is still clearly a smear aimed at those who criticise the leader.

Yet you are complaining about Corbynista while not challenging rabid and forming at the mouth.

• Options
    I sometimes think this forum isn't as good as it used to be, probably due to people's general low interest in Charlton, but threads like this prove me wrong. This would have been sunk in an instance a year ago or so, great stuff, the forum is going through a purple patch!

As for Corbyn's negotiation over war tactics, it's worked out well with Trump (how has he got mentioned on a Corbyn thread?) and Kim Jong-un (how has he got mentioned on a Corbyn thread?) recently.