Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

A2 Black Prince to Falconwood

Comments

• Options
    edited June 2018
    I go past those camera's on a regular basis. As I see many cars exceeding the speed limit it would be interesting to know how many get fined. Perhaps a freedom of information request might find this out.
  • Options
    go and drive in Italy, you will fall in love with UK drivers all over again
  • Options
    Rizzo said:

Riviera said:

Rizzo said:

My son friend got done BH Monday Ave 58mph

Interesting. Like most people I wonder what the limit is to take action, especially as most speedos aren't 100% accurate - I passed one of those signs that shows your speed and it said 29mph when I speedo said 31.
    The 'normal' speed cameras are, or certainly used to be, set at 10%+2 over the limit, so 35 at 30mph, 46 at 40 etc.
    That is an urban myth.
    My friend who works in the speed enforcement office of the Met begs to differ, as does my other friend who spent 30 years in the traffic police.
    Rizzo's right on this one, sorry Riv.

I've just rang and arksed the 5 Polish girls in the office of my mates company who go round setting the speed cameras and they all said 10% +2.
  • Options
    I am ok because i am the best driver in the world AND i am always right.
  • Options
    We're mates coz our goldfish are from the same litter
  • Options
    Do what i do, just use the number plate from your mates car.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

I tend to avoid the A2 by living in the north. Hope that helps @Riviera

Yes, but the f*cking M6 - Jesus!
    That long stretch of av speed cameras on the M6 is hell on earth. My brother moving to Liverpool deserves to be punished for forcing me to endure that every time I visit him!
  • Options

nott been flashed or caught on either the A2 or M25 since variable / average speed cameras were introduced & I regularly go over the speed limit, but not above 60 on the A2 or 90 on the M25.

Do average speed cameras like those on the A2 flash?
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

bobmunro said:

I tend to avoid the A2 by living in the north. Hope that helps @Riviera

Yes, but the f*cking M6 - Jesus!
    That long stretch of av speed cameras on the M6 is hell on earth. My brother moving to Liverpool deserves to be punished for forcing me to endure that every time I visit him!
    Don't worry - those roadworks going north from Junction 16 will be gone soon enough.

Rather ironic really as the roadworks are to prepare that stretch to be a 'smart' motorway with variable speed limits where no doubt the gantry signs will be permanently set to 40.
  • Options
    'Smart' motorway is just a posh or disingenuous way of saying average speed cameras in my view.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    On the A2 at the moment. Fuck all chance of speeding
  • Options

nott been flashed or caught on either the A2 or M25 since variable / average speed cameras were introduced & I regularly go over the speed limit, but not above 60 on the A2 or 90 on the M25.

Do average speed cameras like those on the A2 flash?
    No
  • Options
    Greenie said:

Chizz said:

Chizz said:

All I'd say is be careful in these areas now...

I had a right tosser behind me on the M25 a few months ago that I had to keep an eye on as he was basically trying to run me off the road, he came off @ the M20 whilst I continued down the hill to come off @ the A2

Had been distracted and didnt realise that there was a variable speed limit going down the hill... Going past one camera it flashed twice (I'm guessing it was me as wasnt timed to affect anyone else), yet since then I've not received anything so can only presume I either got away with it or it was for another car

Since then though I've been extremely careful going through those sections on the A2 and M25 to avoid it happening again

Thank goodness you haven't been caught.
    Helps that I rarely speed as try to conserve fuel seeing funds are a bit tight at home at the moment
    Well it's good you didn't get a ticket then. Because if you had, then the speeding while not paying attention would have been quite a bad idea.
    You dont do yourself any favours do you......
    One of the things I don't like is poor driving. I have my own reasons for disliking it. I am sorry if you don't share my frustration at poor driving. But, each to their own.
  • Options
    Went through the Falconwood set at 65 this evening, let you know if I receive anything.
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    It's pretty much from Sun in the Sands to the National Speed Limit sign just passed Black Prince where the National Speed Limit is.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

'Smart' motorway is just a posh or disingenuous way of saying average speed cameras in my view.

Bit more to it than that - they have varying speed limits depending on the conditions. If it's packed and everyone gets slowed down with cameras, then you wont get the twats doing 80mph on the inside lanes and undertaking everyone.
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    Posted deleted out of respect.
  • Options

It's pretty much from Sun in the Sands to the National Speed Limit sign just passed Black Prince where the National Speed Limit is.

the average speed start at the end of the Blackwall Tunnel dont they?
  • Options
    Hammer down the A2 as fast as you like, but make sure you come off at Blackfen (there's no camera there to check your speed) for a 5/10 minute break before setting off again. That'll reduce your average speed to a legal level when coming off at another junction.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I use the A2 most days and would love to do the speed limit let alone fucking break it.
  • Options

Hammer down the A2 as fast as you like, but make sure you come off at Blackfen (there's no camera there to check your speed) for a 5/10 minute break before setting off again. That'll reduce your average speed to a legal level when coming off at another junction.

Going coastbound, if you come on at Falconwood you can go as fast as you like* as the first average camera you come across is also the last one!

*whilst observing all applicable traffic laws of course
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    Rizzo said:

Going coastbound, if you come on at Falconwood you can go as fast as you like* as the first average camera you come across is also the last one!

Depends where you come off as there's an average check at the Black Prince interchange and, I believe, just before the national speed limit kicks in a bit further on.

Blank Prince exit is definitely a camera but not nailing my colours to the mast on the other one, though.
  • Options

Rizzo said:

Depends where you come off as there's an average check at the Black Prince interchange and, I believe, just before the national speed limit kicks in a bit further on.

Blank Prince exit is definitely a camera but not nailing my colours to the mast on the other one, though.
    The camera is only on the exit sliproad though and doesn't pick up the main carriageway. First and only camera from Falconwood to Dartford is the one at the end of the 50mph limit just past Bexley.
  • Options

Have you been reading Viz again?
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

Yeah I think you're right.
  • Options
    I'm on a speed awareness course in 2 weeks time....done for doing 37 in a 30 zone in my village. The regular speed camera had been out of action since xmas after a car had crashed into it & burnt it down (prob deliberate) & I didn't see a mobile unit hiding in the bushes by the school, just 200 yards from where it changes to 40 mph.Mind you it was half term so I expect I was endangering the wildlife or something.
  • Options

JohnBoyUK said:

Yeah I think you're right.
    And??? What is your point Gents?
  • Options

I'm on a speed awareness course in 2 weeks time....done for doing 37 in a 30 zone in my village. The regular speed camera had been out of action since xmas after a car had crashed into it & burnt it down (prob deliberate) & I didn't see a mobile unit hiding in the bushes by the school, just 200 yards from where it changes to 40 mph.Mind you it was half term so I expect I was endangering the wildlife or something.

Borough Green ?
  • Options

What’s the situation regarding your insurance company? Are you supposed to let them know you’ve been done or is that only if you get hit by points?