Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

US Open 2018

Comments

• Options
    BR3red said:

Omg

Poults a Seven from green side bunker in 2

Sad Gutted for him

Was like watching me

Yeah, his technique was just like yours?!.............. :-)
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    Phil Mickleson pulled out mid round....not sure why but hit a putt well past the hole & ran after it & putted it back before it had stopped rolling. But now looks as if he is continuing as a marker.....

more than weird
  • Options
    Poults just about to tee off.
  • Options

Phil Mickleson pulled out mid round....not sure why but hit a putt well past the hole & ran after it & putted it back before it had stopped rolling. But now looks as if he is continuing as a marker.....

more than weird

• Options
    It's not putt putt golf lol
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    BR3red said:

It's not putt putt golf lol

It is for some of us, sounds like after that he DQd himself?
  • Options
    On his 48 th birthday and worth 300 million plus, I doubt if Phil is that bothered
  • Options
    Poulter last 3 holes

5 OVER.....
  • Options
    even weirder.....he's carrying on & they have given him a 2 shot penalty. He's 15 over par so not likely to be worrying the leaders. but just not in the spirit of things. Some are saying that he prob did it as the ball was headng off the green.....but thats the point, you have to play the ball from wherever it comes to rest. To my mind his score should not count in any record books as its not a fair refection on whst might have happened..... Poults would like to have done that yesterday
  • Options

even weirder.....he's carrying on & they have given him a 2 shot penalty. He's 15 over par so not likely to be worrying the leaders. but just not in the spirit of things. Some are saying that he prob did it as the ball was headng off the green.....but thats the point, you have to play the ball from wherever it comes to rest. To my mind his score should not count in any record books as its not a fair refection on whst might have happened..... Poults would like to have done that yesterday

Ian would have to be Usain Bolt to catch that thinned bunker shot !

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Disgusted by Mickleson (disgusted may be too strong a word but best that comes to mind atm). Just admitted he knew what he was doing......knew the ball was going off the green & prob would have no shot & so took the penalty. Really gone down in my estimation & I hope he gets some comments from the crowds when he is over here next month.
  • Options
    I have to say as someone who has admired Mickelson for years. What an utter prick. That interview was a total shambles. He should be chucked out of the tournament for admitting he cheated. Complete and utter wanker. Just ruined his lifetime reputation in one move.
  • Options

I have to say as someone who has admired Mickelson for years. What an utter prick. That interview was a total shambles. He should be chucked out of the tournament for admitting he cheated. Complete and utter wanker. Just ruined his lifetime reputation in one move.

what I was trying to say.......
  • Options

After Phil criticising the Open here about 3 years ago when he said the rough was too long and wingeing, when he had a shocker, I have not warmed to the guy ever since.

So from what Phil just said what he done was within the rules.

But with no shot, after he admitted after that putt, that was out and out cheating.

Dislike him even more now.

Thought he was bigger and better than that
  • Options
    Tournament is turning into carnage. Phil busting his buns and now Zach bleating that the course is too difficult. I’m gonna get the popcorn out. Just played 36 holes today in a bit of wind with the rough up. Just in the mood to watch the pros get their bums kicked.
  • Options
    Everybody moaning about the course now and it's just a lottery.

Personally I like seeing birdies going in and -15 to win is exciting .

To be say 3 in the lead, knowing that one errant or more importantly 1 unlucky bounce and you lose 2-3 strokes on 1 hole isn't the golf that I like to watch.

Give me the Ryder Cup courses set up any day of the week.

Better entertainment for me
  • Options
    I think he has always been a bit of a wanker.
  • Options
    Johnson can't even put his ball on a level green now without it moving in the wind, and the wind isn't that strong...Joke !
  • Options
    BR3red said:

To be say 3 in the lead, knowing that one errant or more importantly 1 unlucky bounce and you lose 2-3 strokes on 1 hole isn't the golf that I like to watch.

I tend to agree with you tbh but as a one off this is entertaining in a car crash sort of way. I wouldn’t want to watch it every week. Regardless of the circs though, Phil is one massive Cnut. Looks like the incident affected Beef too.
  • Options
    I love it. I think they've gone overboard because of the birdie fest last year. Why should it be easy for them like almost every Tour and WGC stop? And it's not about luck or you'd have lots of no names near the top - look at the people on that leaderboard! Cream rises.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

BR3red said:

I tend to agree with you tbh but as a one off this is entertaining in a car crash sort of way. I wouldn’t want to watch it every week. Regardless of the circs though, Phil is one massive Cnut. Looks like the incident affected Beef too.
    Your post made me re-think

You are so right, you see this so very rarely .

I will just sit back and laugh now! Thanks

It is car crash funny at times

All that said Justin is having a little meltdown at the moment and it isn't about the course - he has just gone a bit shite for half an hour!
  • Options
    Justin 4 over through 6 :-(
  • Options
    BR3red said:

Justin 4 over through 6 :-(

I think you mean Dustin +4
  • Options
    Haven't seen a par for 20 minutes let alone a birdie.

Mickelson could win it at this rate!!!
  • Options
    RedPanda said:

I love it. I think they've gone overboard because of the birdie fest last year. Why should it be easy for them like almost every Tour and WGC stop? And it's not about luck or you'd have lots of no names near the top - look at the people on that leaderboard! Cream rises.

Butch Harmon just said the same !!!

Take a bow @RedPanda
  • Options
    Has anyone seen so many putts and they come back on themselves on the flat?
  • Options
    BR3red said:

I have to disagree. Although I think they've set this course up too tough its better than the ususl PGA fare where all you do is drive it 300 yards, pitch it past the hole & spin in to within 3 ft. I dislike "American" style courses with a passion. Give me a links, heathland or parkland course anyday. Best courses I've played have been the links ones in Scotland & Wales or the heathland courses in Surrey & Hampshire.
  • Options

Gone slightly under the radar with the World Cup starting this week.

This year is played at Shinnecock Hills, last seen in 2004 where Retief Goosen beat Phil Mick by 2 shots.

The course has had a revamp and having read a few previews this morning, should suit the better iron/wedge players even though the course has been extended by 500 yards!

Gary Woodland e/w looks a good bet. But surely this is Mickelsons year!
    Oosthuizen is always a good, safe e/w bet too.

Anyone got anything to share?

Yup
  • Options
    Johnson needs to take a chill pill
  • Options
    Bet the winner on the final round?

Could be anyone...