Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

John Robinson talks about that 3-3 draw with Man U

2»

Comments

• Options

He had more talent than people seem to credit him for here. Was our best player for a couple of years, one of our best players the years he wasn’t the out and out best and scored some superb goals for us ; on top of being a proper charlton lad who worked his bollocks off.

Huddersfield away in our champions season, stunning goal from about 30 yards.

People say he wasn't as talented as Robert Lee but if it came down to a choice between the two it would be Johnny R for me every time, gave his all every minute of every game. 100% committed
    Also Eddie Youds last game for us due to injury.
  • Options
    Bartlett's debut game too
  • Options

hawksmoor said:

seem to remember this game had everything,Jensen scored a cracker from corner of penalty area,and Giggsy hit the bar from inside his own half on the volley.Ah well roll on rochdale,Accrington Stanley

Jensen didn't score in this game
    Did Bartlett get two, or am I totally mis-remembering? I was there.
    Probably Bartlett's best performance for us. Not to say he never played well again, but he was absolutely immense in that game.
    A great performance for sure (team & Bartlett) but with the chances he had right in front of goal we could & should have been 3-0 up in the first 10 minutes. Maybe that's being harsh or maybe he was a bit unlucky but that's how I remember it :smile:
    Might be fair, it was a long while ago and my memory isn't what it was, but I just remember him giving Man Utd an absolute torrid time and our strikers haven't not done that many times down the years, even if he maybe didn't make the absolute most of all his chances.
  • Options

Bartlett's debut game too

Full debut, came on as a sub away at Liverpool before the Man Utd game.
  • Options

hawksmoor said:

seem to remember this game had everything,Jensen scored a cracker from corner of penalty area,and Giggsy hit the bar from inside his own half on the volley.Ah well roll on rochdale,Accrington Stanley

Jensen didn't score in this game
    Did Bartlett get two, or am I totally mis-remembering? I was there.
    Probably Bartlett's best performance for us. Not to say he never played well again, but he was absolutely immense in that game.
    A great performance for sure (team & Bartlett) but with the chances he had right in front of goal we could & should have been 3-0 up in the first 10 minutes. Maybe that's being harsh or maybe he was a bit unlucky but that's how I remember it :smile:
    Might be fair, it was a long while ago and my memory isn't what it was, but I just remember him giving Man Utd an absolute torrid time and our strikers haven't not done that many times down the years, even if he maybe didn't make the absolute most of all his chances.
    Oh he did absolutely & of course he had to create the space to be in a goalscoring position. I think he hit the post from a similar position just before he scored but on another day we would have been 3 up before Manu had even settled down. Happy days, cracking atmosphere as well :smiley:
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    Jensen's goal was in a separate Man U game, the season after I think.
  • Options
    I'd give my right nad to have a team of Robbos...... who's that scoring goals, who's that scoring goals... Johnny Johnny Robinson, Johnny Johnny Robinson.That goal at Huddersfield away was alone worth every penny we paid for him.
  • Options
    I remember the game so well. My granddad died that morning when I was on the way to the game on the coach from Plymouth. He would have had his 80th birthday the very next day. He had been a lifelong CAFC fan and would have expected us to go to the game.
    When Robbo scored I remember looking up and laughing because it felt like my granddad had been the 12th man that day.
    Then we had to go round to comfort my nan.
    Such mixed emotions.
  • Options
    getting confused,but do remember jensen scoring a great goal against them
  • Options
    That game changed my sons life. @NomadicAddick