Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England v Costa Rica

Comments

• Options
    my guess is that a) they want to show some friendlies around the county and b) Wembley is currently being converted for the summer concert season
  • Options

my guess is that a) they want to show some friendlies around the county and b) Wembley is currently being converted for the summer concert season

C) Prepration for the traveling which is involved during tournaments. Players don’t get use to be in the same place for too long. Get them use to what to expect in tournaments.
  • Options

C) Prepration for the traveling which is involved during tournaments. Players don’t get use to be in the same place for too long. Get them use to what to expect in tournaments.
    I shouldn’t imagine we will be in Russia too long!
  • Options

I shouldn’t imagine we will be in Russia too long!
  • Options
    there must also be a cost involved as cant see that many turning out at wembley for this, if on a weekend i might of gone up for this as do think the national team should travel for lesser important games such as this, any competition games should be played at wembley.
  • Options

Nah, they travel week in and week out, this won’t be without good reason
  • Options
    Macronate said:

TAA confirmed as starting.

Tits and arse?
  • Options

Pope is third choice (the emergency option) and unlikely to be needed. I would be surprised if he is used at all.

I know very little about the tactical side of football, but to me it would have made sense to have given all the keepers a half in the previous two friendlies, then played his number one on Saturday and tonight.
    It isn't tactics - with Pope you have to ask the question how much benefit he will get from a half. What if he has a bad half? It is unlikely he will be used, but if he is, he could be our Nigel Spink, if you can remember that far back!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    2nd half of the game or Love Island?
  • Options
    Spring Watch
  • Options
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    -------Butland
    --Jones Stones Maguire
    TAA Henderson Delph Rose
    ----------RLC
    -----Rashford Vardy
  • Options
    As he should do in every game in my humble opinion.
  • Options

As he should do in every game in my humble opinion.
    Totally agree. Quality player imo
  • Options
    uuuh Rashford again... that line up ain't exactly inspiring
  • Options

uuuh Rashford again... that line up ain't exactly inspiring

Rashford / Jones / Henderson / Loftud Cheek are the ones Id swap from that starting eleven
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    Maybe second half will see something closer to our starting eleven at the WC
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Good they’ve given Elland Road a go. Just saw on itv they’ve not had a friendly there since the Umbro cup in 97

Last friendly before it all kicks off. Can’t pretend I’ve been avid England for the last 12 years. Have gradually gone from stopping watching friendlies to stopping watching qualifiers. I just find it hard going watching us sometimes. I can’t comment on this group because I’ve not seen them and that would be unfair. Judging them on the failures of past teams wouldn’t be right

I’m positive about the likes of Walker, Sterling and Kane. Alli hasn’t had the best of seasons but he’s a top player providing his temperament holds. I just don’t know enough about the rest as a team to offer an informed opinion

I just want us to be brave in this tournament. I’m not dismissing Panama or Tunisia but I would hate for us to make hard work of those games. 3 games guaranteed, go for it, please try and entertain and let’s see where we are after group stage
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    Ha, Martin Toal remember him?
  • Options
    Is Martin Tol (Opera singer) the fella we get down the Valley quite often?
  • Options
    Would like to see us play like we did against the Netherlands recently. If we do and Kane is on form, it could actually be a good one!
  • Options
    sounds like a cracking atmosphere
  • Options
    Crowd singing faster than the singer for the national anthym. need to slow down a bit for the world cup!
  • Options
    Tyldesley and that bloody Brass band. Two reasons for watching with the sound off.
  • Options

Tyldesley and that bloody Brass band. Two reasons for watching with the sound off.

Do you rhink the band realise no one can stand them?
  • Options
    Good atmosphere there although you can now hear why they don’t do England games at club stadium the communal singing of “ we all hate leeds scum”
  • Options
    What a goal