Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pub names

2»

Comments

• Options
    Always amused me to see the pub sign in Strood - 'The Crispin and Crispianus'
  • Options

A likeness to elfsborg.
  • Options
    The Whippet Inn.
  • Options
    Used to be a pub called The Glue Pot when I lived in Lowestoft.
  • Options
    DA9DA9
    edited May 2018

Anywhere near SE7 and it would have to be The Valley. Actually, anywhere at all except near the Scum or the Nigels.

Not sure how old you are but there was a pub called The Valley up near the village......it was built in the 60’s I believe.
    I’m going to guess it closed down about 20 years ago......the landlord was a well known ex-player who, by all accounts, was a right miserable bastard.
    Harold Hobbis, I wrote a piece on local pubs for VOTV way back in 93/94, @Airman Brown May remember exactly, someone else did other pubs I’d missed (or rather didn’t drink in) in the following issue.
    Hobbis was the first landlord of the valley pub, I think it was built by the local council purely to serve Victoria way & Springfield estates.
    Famous for its large black & white east terrace scene photo on one wall, and football stained glass toilet door windows.
    If any of you know big Tom on the door of the lib club, ask him how one of them got broken and replaced with normal glass (too expensive or obsolete to replace I assume) it involved a millwall fans head (I wasn’t there, I didnt see anything your honour...ahem)
  • Options
    DA9 said:

Anywhere near SE7 and it would have to be The Valley. Actually, anywhere at all except near the Scum or the Nigels.

Not sure how old you are but there was a pub called The Valley up near the village......it was built in the 60’s I believe.
    I’m going to guess it closed down about 20 years ago......the landlord was a well known ex-player who, by all accounts, was a right miserable bastard.
    Harold Hobbis, I wrote a piece on local pubs for VOTV way back in 93/94, @Airman Brown May remember exactly, someone else did other pubs I’d missed (or rather didn’t drink in) in the following issue.
    Hobbis was the first landlord of the valley pub, I think it was built by the local council purely to serve Victoria way & Springfield estates.
    Famous for its large black & white east terrace scene photo on one wall, and football stained glass toilet door windows.
    If any of you know big Tom on the door of the lib club, ask him how one of them got broken and replaced with normal glass (too expensive or obsolete to replace I assume) it involved a millwall fans head (I wasn’t there, I didnt see anything your honour...ahem)
    The Valley pub was my regular for many years.

The big photo was in the Saloon bar on the right behind you as you entered the bar, and there was with a pool table in front as you walked in, next to the garden terrace.

The public bar on the left had a table football game and dartboard. Many drunken evenings spent in that pub and many Charlton fans drank there, including all our lot from Cherry Orchard.
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

DA9 said:

The Valley pub was my regular for many years.

The big photo was in the Saloon bar on the right behind you as you entered the bar, and there was with a pool table in front as you walked in, next to the garden terrace.

The public bar on the left had a table football game and dartboard. Many drunken evenings spent in that pub and many Charlton fans drank there, including all our lot from Cherry Orchard.
    Was a regular there, when John (RIP) and Annie had it, spent a few Sunday evenings in there at the karaoke nights as well, Colin Walsh was there once at a charity event
  • Options
    The Mouthy Cow.
  • Options
    Hoppy Valley would be a good name for a pub in the ground.
  • Options
    The Mighty Midget.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The Swan and Paedo.
  • Options
    I'd call my pub, The pub with no name
  • Options
    edited May 2018