Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

UCL Final not on normal TV? WTF?

124»

Comments

• Options
    Playstation 4.
  • Options

I still don’t know what a PS4 is!

http://bfy.tw/1BX4
  • Options
    Great 4K picture on YouTube :)
  • Options
    T_C_E said:

Great 4K picture on YouTube :)

You are joking...yes, I see you are.
  • Options
    Oh dear.
  • Options
    Watching on tv via YouTube is doing my nut in. I've got a 200mb fibre connection (so its not that) and this is constantly cutting out. Such as for THAT goal. Matches such as the CL should not be locked down to Sky or BT.
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    I suppose a man of your means hasn't thought about subscribing to BT?

Just saying.
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    Addickted said:

I suppose a man of your means hasn't thought about subscribing to BT?

Just saying.

I pay enough for Sky. My main point about Sky/BT was re older relatives who could not watch it as it was online only. And 'my means' @addickted?
  • Options
    Bale's first goal was nearly as good as Jonatan Johansson's TWO goals against Exeter City in the FA Cup
  • Options
    Watched on You Tube on Sky Q. It kept loading during the second half. I also think that we pay enough for our Sky package and refuse to pay a further £22 per month for BT Sport.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    BT paid for the rights, people are welcome to pay for BT or if they already pay for Sky may not want to pay for another subscription. But you could choose to have BT instead of Sky, if not as well as.

It's not a listed event so nobody has a right to watch it on free tv

There's not the same uproar for Man City vs Man Utd in the premier league when sky don't make it free for everyone.

The YouTube option was there, I understand it relies on your internet connection but I'm not sure what people expect BT to do. It's their rights deal at the end of the day.
  • Options
    Sounds like we were relatively lucky with our picture then, it didnt drop, even if the '4kUHD' logo in the corner looked a joke in the context of the actual picture.

Apparently I should feel lucky I was able to watch it at all. Oh well, its not my country any more, I will leave you guys in the tender hands of these sharks.
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    I don't like it either. It's mental to me that here in the States it was being shown live on FOX (a free channel that you can pick up with an antenna) and get a perfect HD picture for free but back home where it's one of the biggest games of the year, you either have to pay £22p/m or make do with an unreliable YouTube stream.

That said, if it's not protected there's not really much you can do and BT aren't breaking any rules. More than possible to start campaigning to add it to the protected list and get it on a proper TV channel going forward.
  • Options
    The clubs want the money.
    Blame them.
  • Options
    Watched it on YouTube in Asda whilst the good lady filled the trolley with the weekly shop cracking 4K picture great game I really enjoyed itv
  • Options

Watched it on YouTube in Asda whilst the good lady filled the trolley with the weekly shop cracking 4K picture great game I really enjoyed itv

Lord, if your wife was filling her trolley for over 90 minutes I shudder to think what your bill was!
  • Options
    cheaper to subscribe!
  • Options

Lord, if your wife was filling her trolley for over 90 minutes I shudder to think what your bill was!
    Got to watch an hr of it in there how do women shop for an hr in Asda
  • Options

Only an hour?

Got a good 'un there D.
  • Options
    Addickted said:

Only an hour?

Got a good 'un there D.
    Sounds like a keeper, she should have been in Kiev, last night.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options