Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Club seeks your opinion on loyalty scheme

13»

Comments

• Options
    doronron said:

Season ticket then VG holders should get first pick of away games ,every away game should give you ex amount of bonus points which should enable you to go to other away games,if you pay the cash and do the distance away games you should get priorities over the fans who pick out only the top away games

One side affect of that though is that people who happen to live oop north may get more bonus points for going to games on their doorstep, I guess that's compensation for them having to live oop north!
  • Options
    edited May 2018
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    Emailed the club;

Nice and simple structure, 150 points for VG, 150points for ST, 10 for away, 10 for home
    Gives everyone a head start who has financially invested in membership and season tickets, allows fans who attend matches causally to build up points so that they can still get a good chance of buying tickets for high profile matches
  • Options
    Under your plans would ST holders get the individual points for each home match too? If so I think that’s too much as it would be hard for non-st holders to get anywhere near unless they do nearly every home and away.

Equally, if they’re not included then the buy on the day fan attending every home game would end up with more than a ST holder, which don’t feel right either.

Also don’t feel right that Sunderland at home on a Sat is worth as much as Rochdale away on a Tue night.

I think they’ll either keep it simple like above but arguably unfair, or they’ll make it fairer and therefore more complex but it will be a harder scheme to administer in doing so.

Tricky one.
  • Options
    edited May 2018

Under your plans would ST holders get the individual points for each home match too? If so I think that’s too much as it would be hard for non-st holders to get anywhere near unless they do nearly every home and away.

Equally, if they’re not included then the buy on the day fan attending every home game would end up with more than a ST holder, which don’t feel right either.

Also don’t feel right that Sunderland at home on a Sat is worth as much as Rochdale away on a Tue night.

I think they’ll either keep it simple like above but arguably unfair, or they’ll make it fairer and therefore more complex but it will be a harder scheme to administer in doing so.

Tricky one.

Thanks for picking me up on that I wasn’t being very clear. The points for home matches would be given out when buying individual tickets for matches. By giving points at the start you would have already rewarded loyalty. However, someone buying on the day loose the discount on match tickets which season ticket holders get by buying in advance.

Millwall give season ticket holders 230points and 10 for home and 10 for away.

As long as season ticket holders and valley gold members are priorities for the outset then that’s the most important thing. Maybe 5 for home and ten for away would be better.
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    What i sent to the club, ignore grammar i almost threw my phone out the window.

Hello,

I would like to put forward the recommendations.

Some fans choose to buy season tickets / Valley gold. But many choose not to while Roland is in charge, this however does not mean we are not dedicated to supporting our club (including those living further away)

Season ticket + Valley gold members (100 point head start) and 2 for home games and 5 for away (10 for away games that are further away eg plymouth/rochdale/oldham/blackpool etc)

5pts for home games (red card holders) 10 for away (15 for long distance away games)

This will give charlton fans that live further away and can't always make home games, the chance to collect points away from home, and could make our attendances further north rise with that scheme in place (which can only help support our team)

Non red card members - 2 points home, 5 all away games (good reason for people to become a red card member)

Many thanks

Matt
  • Options

What i sent to the club, ignore grammar i almost threw my phone out the window.

Hello,

I would like to put forward the recommendations.

Some fans choose to buy season tickets / Valley gold. But many choose not to while Roland is in charge, this however does not mean we are not dedicated to supporting our club (including those living further away)

Season ticket + Valley gold members (100 point head start) and 2 for home games and 5 for away (10 for away games that are further away eg plymouth/rochdale/oldham/blackpool etc)

5pts for home games (red card holders) 10 for away (15 for long distance away games)

This will give charlton fans that live further away and can't always make home games, the chance to collect points away from home, and could make our attendances further north rise with that scheme in place (which can only help support our team)

Non red card members - 2 points home, 5 all away games (good reason for people to become a red card member)

Many thanks

Matt

Not going to games because Roland is in charge will not be relevant.

The club will want as many season ticket holders as possible to get money in at the end of the season so it would make sense for them to give extra weight to those. They are only truly discounted if you attend every match by the way.

It is also a very complicated system you are suggesting.

All those getting points will be members.
  • Options
    Whilst I totally agree with the organiser can’t help but think it’s irrelevant for us

I go to most home games as a now non season ticket holder and 7/8 away games, hopefully more next season

Still managed to get a ticket for Shrewsbury away through a loyal away fan but there were still a few tickets available for normal fans at the end, we aren’t Leeds United

Look after the 200 that go to every away game, let them buy abticket for a Charlton mate for a big game and that should be enough

We will still take 3 weeks to sell Gillingham out next season
  • Options

Whilst I totally agree with the organiser can’t help but think it’s irrelevant for us

I go to most home games as a now non season ticket holder and 7/8 away games, hopefully more next season

Still managed to get a ticket for Shrewsbury away through a loyal away fan but there were still a few tickets available for normal fans at the end, we aren’t Leeds United

Look after the 200 that go to every away game, let them buy abticket for a Charlton mate for a big game and that should be enough

Agreed
    1500 tickets for Shrewsbury and theystill made general sale should think nearly everyone who wanted a ticket got one.
  • Options

You’re probably right tbf SA. It’s just that unlikely scenario of a big cup game. Or a play-off not up north on a Sunday evening.

And I speak as someone who has befitted from other peoples VG many times when I shouldn’t have really if a scheme like this was in place.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Why should they be able to buy a ticket for their mate and deprive a fan from going?

This is not about going to Gillingham, but maybe in 5 years an away game at Old Trafford.

Going to home games and some away games you will be way up the top of most systems.
  • Options
    I’ve just registered for Valley Gold keeping fingers and toes well and truly crossed that sale goes through imminently.

I see valley gold as a template for the membership structure that was mentioned by @jamesseed. You don’t need a season ticket to be a valley gold member but you do pay some cash and it gives you some (maybe limited) benefits.

I wouldn’t place valley gold membership above away game tickets (worth x3) and home game tickets (worth x 1).

I would say that valley gold membership is worth say 25 points.

Season ticket holders worth say 40 points.

Club shop spend and on ground spend worth say 1/50 of a point per pound spent as so little of the £1 spent goes to the club.
  • Options
    Ground spend is not much now, but if the club grows that position could change. The points awarded don’t cost, but it does show club support and should be recognised.

As I said before, I would like the points to have some cash value as well which will give the club to push ticket sales for certain matches for instance by offering two points for the price of one and also special offers for club gear. Obviously they could also be cashed in on anything.

You would not ‘lose’ the points, they would just have been ‘spent’. It would just all add to a feeling of being valued.
  • Options
    Nothing pees you off more than when you can't get tickets for special games and people you perceive to be less deserving can. It hasn't been an issue recently, but devising a fair policy seems very sensible.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

Ground spend is not much now, but if the club grows that position could change. The points awarded don’t cost, but it does show club support and should be recognised.

As I said before, I would like the points to have some cash value as well which will give the club to push ticket sales for certain matches for instance by offering two points for the price of one and also special offers for club gear. Obviously they could also be cashed in on anything.

You would not ‘lose’ the points, they would just have been ‘spent’. It would just all add to a feeling of being valued.

Handing out points for merchandise/in ground spend is not something I would favour. For a start how would it work, would you have to give your loyalty card/CON number every time you buy something? Imagine the effect that would have on the already catastrophic queues at the club shop pre-match or beer queue at half time.

Secondly, I'm not sure that buying some tat from the Club shop or a dreadful pint of Fosters equates on any level to travelling up and down the country watching the team.

If there's going to be a loyalty system it should heavily incentivise season ticket sales and Valley Gold membership.
  • Options
    How long would it take to swipe a card?
  • Options
    If We had an 'away season ticket' similar to the scheme ran by Millwall,this would save the need to join 'Valley Gold'.

For fans who support Millwall away from The Den, this is the best way of guaranteeing your ticket for high demand matches. A registration fee of £20 will apply. To buy an away season ticket, purchase in person from the Ticket Office or by telephone on 0844 826 2004* - select option 1.

As an away season ticket member you will benefit from:
    Every away League and Cup ticket guaranteed. No hassle with making payments or queuing, simply register your details and we'll process the payment and send your ticket, so you're ready for the next big match.

Cancellation
    Away season ticket holders can cancel their tickets up to three times per season. To avoid receiving unwanted tickets, you can cancel by contacting the Ticket Office on 0844 826 2004 and selecting option 1* or by emailing tickets@millwallplc.com no later than four weeks prior to the fixture.