Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

14,367 (777 away)

Comments

• Options
    DA9 said:

For a small bunch they didn’t shut up all game and didn’t half throw a decent mental when they scored.

That was quite impressive
    Those Sweden flags though...
  • Options

By comparison millsmall had 12,568 for their semi final play off first leg

I'm going to assume that you specifically went to look that up just to try and take a small, and completely irrelevant, crumb of comfort from last nights result.

I hate to break it to you but that stat wont give you any extra impetus for the away leg (where, to save you the time after Sundays game, we took 1200 fans to Scunthorpe for our fixture last year).

You're definitely obsessed, mate :wink:
  • Options
    msomerton said:

At least last nights attendance figures put to bed the idea that crowds will pick up when Roland sells. Once people stop attending they get out of the habit and do not return. Roland or no the gates will be around 8,00 or below which ever league we are in except for the premiership.

No. People are boycotting.
  • Options
    msomerton said:

At least last nights attendance figures put to bed the idea that crowds will pick up when Roland sells. Once people stop attending they get out of the habit and do not return. Roland or no the gates will be around 8,00 or below which ever league we are in except for the premiership.

How exactly? Roland is still the owner.

Also a crowd of almost 15k for a thursday night game live on sky, is hardly an indication that crowds won't increase when RD is gone.
  • Options

kentred2 said:

msomerton said:

No. People are boycotting.
    the returning boycotters will account for 500 absolute tops in my opinion
    Vast understatement. I know 20 plus.
  • Options
    and every one of those 20 will say 'I know 20 boycotters'....but at the end of the day that's still only 20.
  • Options

and every one of those 20 will say 'I know 20 boycotters'....but at the end of the day that's still only 20.

You sound like a Tory Chancellor. Trouble with numbers.
    I was going to say time will tell but with the rumoured terms of the sale maybe it won’t.
  • Options
    Cant believe that figure,north stand was full west maybe two thirds,I sat in east so could not really see,but crowd looked about 16-17000 to me
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    kentred2 said:

You sound like a Tory Chancellor. Trouble with numbers.
    I was going to say time will tell but with the rumoured terms of the sale maybe it won’t.
    We’ll soon be able to put the theory to the test next season and look round the ground and see how many turnouts improve on what was seen last night, even accounting for the return of the freebies and families that didn’t go last night.

It won’t be many
  • Options
    Won't be anywhere near 20000 for a long time. A lot of fans won't come back - I think the bond with the club has been broken.

What worries me is the terms of any takeover - we may not be a lot better off.

• Options
    That figure can't be right. North was packed, East was busier than normal. West Lower was ram-jam full.

Definitely a Diane Abbott count going on there
  • Options

Won't be anywhere near 20000 for a long time. A lot of fans won't come back - I think the bond with the club has been broken.

Then they aren’t real fans if they still stay away after a takeover . End of .
  • Options

A lot of it will obviously depend on what division we are in. We have no chance of reaching those numbers in League One and for the the most part, the Championship. It's possible that if we win the play-offs and have a great season where we are sitting near the top for long periods, we might see the attendance creep up to that kind of level, but even in the Premier League where we packed the ground out every week, there were a lot of neutrals/other supporters who made up the numbers. Those guys aren't exactly going to come and watch us grind out results in lower divisions.

Whilst there are a number of people boycotting, I think disillusionment has a larger part to play. Whether that is with the club in general or the football itself I don't know, but I suspect it's a mix of both.
  • Options
    the turnstiles in Landsdowne Mews were broken, so no record of those entrants, but I guess this is based on sales not people coming in
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

That figure can't be right. North was packed, East was busier than normal. West Lower was ram-jam full.

Viewing from the telly, I really don’t think it was
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

I normally sit in the West Lower but last night sat in The East & was suprised how empty both tiers of the West looked,The Covered End was the only part of the ground anywhere near to capacity.14,367 seems about right.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

We’d have probably got another 3,000 on the Saturday. Virtually every midweek crowd in the last ten years has been well below the weekend equivalent and “big game” as it was, it was still a weeknight, on the telly and Shrewsbury Town.

As much as it drew other people out, midweeks are a problem for many families with kids and the chunk of our support who live 50 plus miles away. It’s easy to forget that, but if you put the game on the box it will make it easier for them to stay away. I wouldn’t read too much into the numbers.

Some elderly supporters don't go to midweek games also, due to the travel issues. Was talking to one last night who made an exception for this game

Of course as they generally have season tickets, they "attendance" would have counted if this had been a normal league game!
  • Options
    the club must be counting unused comps as well as Sts in their normal gate count, as last night was deffo above average attendance from what I could see in all home stands, although not by an enormous amount, maybe 2-3k
  • Options
    777 was a decent turn out from the Shrews on 4 days notice.

I think the shock at the attendance is because it didn't include season ticket holders who didn't turn up. Makes you wonder what some of our attendances really were this season!
  • Options

I'm going to assume that you specifically went to look that up just to try and take a small, and completely irrelevant, crumb of comfort from last nights result.

I hate to break it to you but that stat wont give you any extra impetus for the away leg (where, to save you the time after Sundays game, we took 1200 fans to Scunthorpe for our fixture last year).

I thought it was a pathetically small gate and so wanted to compare it to a pathetically small club with a similar fixture , where better than smallwall for that comparison
    in fact i was disappointed your crowd wasn't bigger so i could slate our numbers (it's what i do)
    and in fact 1200 for a same time similar distance is a poor turn out as well
    ffs millwall you're not helping my point that our away support ,numbers for our touchy fans, is poor

1200 allocation. 1200 sold. I'm assuming you'll sell your allocation for Shrewsbury and then take over the home ends. I look forward to hearing about it.

I hate to break it to you but, at the moment, out of the two clubs, you are actually the pathetically small one. This is despite our pathetically small crowds and pathetic history where we have, rather pathetically, not won very much.

You're right, some of you are very touchy.
  • Options
    Crowd looked about right to me.
    I wonder how many were put off by the online ticketing and the impression given by the club that queing on the night was a bad idea.
  • Options

I thought it was a pathetically small gate and so wanted to compare it to a pathetically small club with a similar fixture , where better than smallwall for that comparison
    in fact i was disappointed your crowd wasn't bigger so i could slate our numbers (it's what i do)
    and in fact 1200 for a same time similar distance is a poor turn out as well
    ffs millwall you're not helping my point that our away support ,numbers for our touchy fans, is poor

1200 allocation. 1200 sold. I'm assuming you'll sell your allocation for Shrewsbury and then take over the home ends. I look forward to hearing about it.

I hate to break it to you but, at the moment, out of the two clubs, you are actually the pathetically small one. This is despite our pathetically small crowds and pathetic history where we have, rather pathetically, not won very much.

You're right, some of you are very touchy.
    Using your way of measuring a club size, are Bournemouth bigger than Leeds?
  • Options

Thought it was poor.

Biggest game for ages. They will have London based supporters. Other clubs with similar sized support would have brought more.

Having said that those that came gave their team good backing

• Options

Thought it was poor.

Biggest game for ages. They will have London based supporters. Other clubs with similar sized support would have brought more.

Having said that those that came gave their team good backing

think that's a bit unfair. Have you ever met anyone in your life who claimed to support them? Or even comes from there? Not me, even going back to Uni days. I can think of at least one Scunny fan for example (the Guardian reporter who covered the Valley Party). And one of my best mates is Blackpool born and bred. Old boss at the London agency was Plymouth, etc, etc. But Shrewsbury? Nope.

Hats off to them, I say.