Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Team for Sunday at Shrewsbury...

Comments

• Options

We need to go for it and score so there's no point playing two defensive midfielders in the middle of the park. I would go for

Amos
    Konsa Bauer Pearce Da Silva
    Forster Caskey
    Marshall Fosu Mavididi
    Ajose Magennis

Fosu & Mavididi must play every minute unless / until we score. They're the most creative players in the team and we need to test their keeper much more than we did tonight.

I actually quite like that, but Mavididi is pretty terrible. How about straight swapping him for Ajose and putting Zyro upfront or putting Page in at

shirty5 said:

11 of the biggest and physical lumps we have available

Yes, I was wondering if it would have been worth bringing Sarr on a LB to either replace JDS or move him forward
    STOP SAYING "JDS"!!!!!!
  • Options
    Mav is inconsistent - but having the added threat of Fosu might help him. We can always change things if he is having a poor game. But he is the sort of player who can make something happen.
  • Options
    Do not know how Reeves got in over Marshall or Aribo,so Marshall in for Reeves,Fosu to start over Mavididi,and possibly Aribo for Kashi,who was a bit wayward last night.
  • Options
    We can't play 442. Their extra man in midfield gave them a greater control of the game in the middle of the park last night, and that will only be worse on the road. 4-5-1/4-3-3 is the way to go.
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    Amos

Marshall Bauer Pearce DaSilva

Konsa
    JFC Aribo

Ajose Zyro Fosu

We played with no width yesterday and this was down to no wingers and only DaSilva willing to go forward. Konsa is not a right back and just does not go forward. We were so poor in the final third and that was because we had no options out wide.
  • Options
    Amos
    Dijksteel
    Pearce
    Bauer
    Da Silva
    Marshall
    Kashi
    JFC
    Fosu
    Ajose
    Magennis

As poor as Kashi was last night he probably should still be starting.
  • Options
    Wonder if it is too risky playing 3 at the back
    Amos
    Konsa Baur Pearce
    Marshall Aribo JFC Reeves DaSilva
    Fosu
    Magennis
    Probably, but you never know.
  • Options
    Amos

Dijksteel Bauer Pearce Page*

Marshall JFC Aribo Fosu

Magennis Zyro

*Nothing on Dasilva I just think Page has performed better in Bowyer's team.
  • Options
    RedJohn said:

Wonder if it is too risky playing 3 at the back

Really hope not as dont think now is the time we should be trying a formation unused this season
  • Options
    I'd try the following

Amos
    Dijksteel, Bauer Pearce DaSilva
    Fosu JFC Aribo Marshall
    Maginnis Zyro

Not over impressed with Kashi last night. Ajose too lightweight against the Shrews defence. I just prefer Aribo over Kinda in defence and I'd give Marshall the chance to create a bit more width. Reeves simply not good enough.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Diamond-

Amos
    Dijksteel/Konsa Bauer Pearce Dasilva
    JFC Aribo Fosu Marshall
    Magennis Mavididi

DaSilva was the best player for us on the last two games, can't imagine taking him out. Struggled with up front next to Mag - Zyro is crap from what I saw at Rochdale, but would a partnership work with Mag? Ajose works hard but hasn't come up with much in terms of goal threats from what I can tell - Mavididi lost possession repeatedly last night and seems selfish, never makes the simple pass, but he is a threat with his speed etc.
  • Options
    need to go for it

——————-Amos——————
    ———Pearce Konsa Bauer———
    Marshall—-Aribo Kashi——Dasilva
    ——————-Fosu——————
    ————-Ajose Magennis————
  • Options
    Amos
    Konsa Bauer Sarr
    JFC Aribo Djiksteel JDS
    Zyro Mag Fosu

I'd have Umerah and Reeco on the bench. Anyone spot the selection criteria? Don't think we will get anywhere shuffling the 14 from Thursday. A bit of pace at the back will allow us to play further up the pitch.
  • Options
    Amos
    Konsa Pearce Bauer
    Mavididi Aribo Kashi JFC Dasilva
    Ajose Magennis

leave at least Ajose and Aribo up field when defending dead balls, 1) for quicker out balls and 2) to reduce the congestion in the box

Fosu to add pace if we're still chasing goals
    Zyro as target man if we're desperately chasing goals
    Marshall to add solidity and guile if we're ahead
  • Options
    We lost the midfield battle yesterday that can't happen again. Reeves isn't suited to that sort of physical battle so I'd bring Aribo in for him. Kashi was poor added little gave away too many free kicks and was so wasteful on the ball.

We need to pack the central midfield but need goals so have to go two up top. So either the diamond or a 433.

Amos
    Dijksteel Bauer Pearce JDS
    JFC Aribo Konsa
    Fosu
    Magennis Ajose
  • Options
    Posted this in the other thread as I hadn’t really noticed this one...

Okay so I’ve had a little think and there’s two things I’ve come up with, one is something to definitely consider, the other is what I would like us to go with but won’t ever happen.

1. Konsa in central midfield has got to be a real option. I know Dijksteel is a central midfielder, but much prefer him at right back than Konsa, plus he can give us that extra energy and bite in the middle, people say he done a great job in that role at Shrewsbury only a few weeks back. Therefore, I would still be happy to see something like this:

Amos
    Dijksteel Bauer Pearce Dasilva
    Kashi
    Konsa Forster-Caskey
    Fosu
    Magennis Ajose

2. Playing a back three with Marshall and Dasilva as wing backs, this will allow us to see Dasilva pushed further forward where his ball control and attacking talents can be used better. It’ll allow Fosu to be in the free role behind the two strikers and he can really hurt teams there.

Amos
    Konsa Bauer Pearce
    Marshall Kashi Forster-Caskey Dasilva
    Fosu
    Magennis Ajose
  • Options
    edited May 2018

did we not beat them 2-0 because of a complete clanger by them

Yeah we were 1-0 up going into added time and they were desperate for an equaliser until their keeper skied one and Josh had an empty net to finish into. 2-0 and game over.

They obviously wouldn't be pushing any near as hard for an equaliser this time if it's 1-0 at 90 minutes but that would still be a decent result for us.

From this situation I would snap your hand off for extra time and potentially penalties.
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    ----------------------------Amos--------------------------------
    Dijksteel Page Konsa Bauer Pearce Dasilva
    ------------------Kashi Forster-Caskey-----------------
    -------------Marshall Aribo Reeves Fosu-----------
    ------------------Ajose Zyro Magennis-----------------

Overwhelm them in every area of the pitch.

Kaikai unlucky to miss out.
  • Options
    We can't be risk averse tomorrow - that is what Thursday did - I'm not so sure it is a bad thing.
  • Options
    I'd play Fosu and Marshall. I'd also drop Ajose he doesn't really do anything. 1 goal in however many games is a poor return
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Fosu and Marshall to start for me too.
  • Options
    There's no way we Josh gets the drop, he had a good game for us I thought and was unlucky not to score from one of the headers. He also looked really up to it, only complaint is his lack of runs.

In - Marshall and Fosu
    Out - Reeves and Mav
  • Options
    we need to be able to snuff out their key player - Nolan. Who is capable of doing that? Kashi plays too deep and need JFC to do the artwork - maybe a time for Konsa to play midfield and ler Dijksteel loose on the right - Bowyer said in his post match that their left back wasnt going to hurt us then lets attack him with Marshall and Dijksteel
  • Options
    Kashi is superfluous for tomorrow
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    Amos
    Dijksteel Konsa Bauer Pearce DaSilva
    Reeves Forster-Caskey Aribo
    Fosu Ajose
    ...... two wing backs and no long ball shite (Shrewsbury have a team built to deal with a physical forward line) play in on the deck and use our players who have a trick or two to unlock these clodhoppers
  • Options
    The midfield was crap because the midfield didn't push up when we had the ball and wide men didn't defend quick enough when we lost it.
  • Options
    Amos

Konsa Bauer Pearce DaSilva

Aribo JFC Kashi

Marshall Magennis Fosu

And play it like a 4-3-3
  • Options
    Aribo for Kashi / Marshall for Reeves / Fosu for Mavididi
  • Options
    Somebody said in preview thread that Marshall not in squad

COYR