Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Guess the Shrewsbury gate

Comments

• Options
    Looking at 22k if ticket sales have already exceeded the Blackburn attendance and we get 3k walk ups.
  • Options
    I'm going to guess 18,500
  • Options

Looking at 22k if ticket sales have already exceeded the Blackburn attendance and we get 3k walk ups.

how?, Blackburn had 3k and shrewsbury have sold 600 - the tweet said HOME sales have exceeded Blackburn

the walk-ups would replace those Blackburn fans who were there

really hope the crowd is 20k+ tonight and I think it will be, home stands will look great and the place will be absolutely rocking if the Blackburn game is anything to go by
  • Options

how?, Blackburn had 3k and shrewsbury have sold 600 - the tweet said HOME sales have exceeded Blackburn

the walk-ups would replace those Blackburn fans who were there

really hope the crowd is 20k+ tonight and I think it will be, home stands will look great and the place will be absolutely rocking if the Blackburn game is anything to go by
    Maybe I read it wrong. I thought it said that sales have exceeded the Blackburn attendance. I read that as total but I may well be wrong then.
  • Options
    There won't be more than a thousand in the away end, so I'm sticking with 17.5k.
  • Options
    Comparison is with home tickets issued for Blackburn - not the official attendance. Well shy of the attendance at this point.
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    100,000 (according to posts on this forum if we win and go up).
  • Options
    The family stand is going to be Rockin #SeriousJockin
  • Options
    _MrDick said:

The family stand is going to be Rockin #SeriousJockin

Half should be in bed as it is a school night.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    22k is very good for a league 1 play off live on sky on a Thursday night.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Astonished at the low Shrewsbury sales

Why? Their average home gate is just over the 6,000 mark - no disrespect but they're hardly the Man Utd of Div. 3!

(Hope that doesn't come back and bite me on the bum!)

• Options
    JamesSeed said:

Oh by the way @PragueAddick , what's the prize?

It's traditional to offer a prize when starting a 'Guess the' thread, of course...

Speaking of which, 9th May on the takeover thread we have @JamesSeed & @Johnnysummers5 in today's hot seat.

It's not happening, is it....

@TEL is tomorrow's soon-to-be-disappointed punter.

1st game of the season on my birthday
    Couldn’t be happier to be home to be quite honest. 2 shits going would be the icing on the cake though!
  • Options
    Uboat said:

They're not selling any more east stand, so presumably that's pretty full.

Having seen the seat plan pic yesterday morning where the East was barely a third full, I very much doubt that to be the case mate.

• Options

Uboat said:

Having seen the seat plan pic yesterday morning where the East was barely a third full, I very much doubt that to be the case mate.

Weird that they aren't selling them then. Possibly one of their many technical problems then. She definitely wouldn't sell me a ticket in there.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

I'm going to guess 18,500

You can't. That was my guess :-)

Seriously, how on earth would we explain it if we got close to the 21,000 for the Swindon play off game, when I am pretty sure Swindon brought at least 1,500.? Nah, that is not going to happen.

But it does sound like a good crowd, and that is only a good thing.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Uboat said:

Uboat said:

Weird that they aren't selling them then. Possibly one of their many technical problems then. She definitely wouldn't sell me a ticket in there.
    Probably sectioned off half of it in anticipation of hordes of shrews turning up
  • Options
    Uboat said:

Just got through and spoke to a very tired sounding woman.
    North stand is sold out. They're not selling any more east stand, so presumably that's pretty full.
    I asked for as near the middle of the West Stand as she could get and she put me in A block, because I didn't want G.
    On that basis I withdraw my previous 17,500 and think 22-23k is more likely.

Plenty of room in the Jimmy Seed stand by the sound of it
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    Maybe they are printing East tickets for on the night sales?
  • Options
  • Options

East Stand tickets being kept back for tonight's walkups
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    We really will do anything to distract ourselves from the nerves of tonight, won't we?

And hey, I'm in.

After careful consideration, 23,121.
  • Options
    Whatever the exact figure, I'll be very jealous of all of those there. Watching on TV doesn't even loosely compare to being there in the flesh. COYA!!! I want to hear non-stop singing in my room!
  • Options
    Me too - unable to go tonight and can't even have a drink whilst watching it on TV.

I'm sure I'll make up for it at Shrewsbury though!
  • Options
    Addickted said:

Me too - unable to go tonight and can't even have a drink whilst watching it on TV.

I'm sure I'll make up for it at Shrewsbury though!

Why can't you have a drink? Driving afterwards?
  • Options