Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Who's coming in from overseas for the playoffs ? - and how?

2»

Comments

• Booked my next London visit for the 24th. Made sure that its for more reasons than just a possible Wembley trip. Too old to make that mistake.
  • Doesn't count as I'm based in the UK but have a business in India so spending half my time there currently. Will miss the semis but will be back for the final. Is anyone still around that flew in for the Greatest Game? I came in from The Bahamas; even brought a case of Kalik with me which we consumed in the Royal Oak (if I remember rightly, had to pay corkage!)
  • Doesn't count as I'm based in the UK but have a business in India so spending half my time there currently. Will miss the semis but will be back for the final. Is anyone still around that flew in for the Greatest Game? I came in from The Bahamas; even brought a case of Kalik with me which we consumed in the Royal Oak (if I remember rightly, had to pay corkage!)

Sure. Flew in with a fellow Addick. I made the home play off against Ipswich too. Didn't have to travel your distances though, to be fair.

I was there. I’d arrived from Boston the day before. Time to start checking flights.
  • Getting a London black cab from Lee this evening, the driver says we are going the most direct route via Brindisi, Bodrum and Biggleswade and assured me we'll make it on time.
  • Will be getting together with all the other optimistic fun-filled Addicks in Hong Kong (i.e. me and he dog) for beers and a wild TV celebrations. Tickets for UK already booked for World cup qualifying round so can't afford two trips.

Hope I regret it.
  • seth plum said:

Getting a London black cab from Lee this evening, the driver says we are going the most direct route via Brindisi, Bodrum and Biggleswade and assured me we'll make it on time.

Probably a Spurs fan who's found himself accidentally south of the river

Did you say 'i'd like to go to Turkey please via Brindisi on the heal of Italy?' Or 'take me to Bromley, not Blackburn, Bexleyheath, Berlin, Bologna, Bratislava or anywhere else beginning with B ya thick bastard'
  • I was in London last month and will be back August/September. Definitely won't make the semis and having watched that dreadful game against Scunthorpe a few weeks ago I'm not sure I could do a 13,000 mile round-trip to sit through a Charlton v Scunthorpe final were it to happen.
  • for the final @jimmymelrose will be flying in from France with his two wee boys and our friends will be doing the same from Cyprus. Hope I’ll be able to get enough tickets !!

Not if we use Ticketmaster.
  • Hi all.... does anybody know if this is going to be streamed online officially? Or will Foxtel or Optus be showing it in Australia?

It's on Sky Sports.
  • Sponsored links:

• MadGerman said:

MadGerman said:

Me and Kicker from the German Addicks will be at Shrewsbury on Sunday. Unfortunately unable to make the homegame.

Matthias, meet up at Shrewsbury ? Marc is coming with me for home game but can meet up for away?
    Stu, Kicker and I arrive on Saturday in Shrewsbury. So there's time to meet somewhere for a Pint before the game.
    Good stuff Matthias and Kicker. Look forward to meeting up again on Sunday.
  • When do tickets to the playoff final go on sale anyway?
  • Flights into Stansted the morning of the final were only 17 euro today...
  • el-pietro said:

Flights into Stansted the morning of the final were only 17 euro today...

From?........
  • Booked my next London visit for the 24th. Made sure that its for more reasons than just a possible Wembley trip. Too old to make that mistake.

I’m booking my flights on Monday. Also coming over on the 24th
  • el-pietro said:

From?........
    Cork. Return flights are much more expensive so will have to wait and see what happens between now and Sunday
  • ok Started the journey - just traversing through the east of Luxembourg and on my way to Dusseldorf.
  • el-pietro said:

el-pietro said:

From?........
    Cork. Return flights are much more expensive so will have to wait and see what happens between now and Sunday
    Book those flights out now @el-pietro, they're a bargain and what's the worst that could happen?

You can sort out getting home later should you need to.
  • Sponsored links:

• ok Started the journey - just traversing through the east of Luxembourg and on my way to Dusseldorf.

Save journey, Stu.
  • Addickted said:

el-pietro said:

el-pietro said:

From?........
    Book those flights out now @el-pietro, they're a bargain and what's the worst that could happen?

You can sort out getting home later should you need to.
    One step ahead of you! 17 quid is nothing.
  • Im working on it, weekend here is Fri/Sat so will need a couple of days off work ............ assuming we get to Wembley that is.
  • Andrew Muir is in club shop at the moment with two other gents
  • Jon_CAFC_ said:

Andrew Muir is in club shop at the moment with two other gents

Thats a long trip from overseas. Wonder why he is here?
  • RobRob
    edited May 2018
    I'll be in from California for Wembley if we get there. Did the same for 1998. Lat time British Airways were kind enough to upgrade me to 1st class on the return leg with a bottle of champers. Will expect the same again. :-)

Where abouts are you in India mate?