Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Bradley Wright-Phillips

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43879501

Good interview with him on the BBC website. Interesting that he admits to not being professional enough when in England...

Comments

• Thought he was class tbh such a natural finisher. Shame his heart wasn't in it here could of been a very decent player
  • Good article. I always wish him well, glad he has been a success over there.
  • Interesting to hear about the way he was living when he played over here, but not overly surprising given that he came with a reputation for lacking discipline. His goals were so key in the title winning season, but at the time I felt that was about the peak of his ability. But he's gone over to MLS, not a great league but by no means terrible, and he's been an absolute revelation. It still feels like he doesn't quite get the credit he deserves. More power to him, and he's had the chance to play with Thierry Henry and Tim Cahill which is every kid's dream.
  • Adds up to what I was told at the Hartlepool game in 2012, was told that BWP wasn’t in SCP’s plans for the next season in the championship as he wasn’t dedicated to training etc
  • SDAddick said:

Interesting to hear about the way he was living when he played over here, but not overly surprising given that he came with a reputation for lacking discipline. His goals were so key in the title winning season, but at the time I felt that was about the peak of his ability. But he's gone over to MLS, not a great league but by no means terrible, and he's been an absolute revelation. It still feels like he doesn't quite get the credit he deserves. More power to him, and he's had the chance to play with Thierry Henry and Tim Cahill which is every kid's dream.

I'm not sure every kid's dream is to play with Tim Cahill. Agree with your broad point that it's a much better lifestyle and career than drifting around League One etc over here.
  • Good to see him doing well, I always though he was quality and had the potential to be a great goal scorer. Just a shame he couldn't do it with us!

Does anyone else remember that goal he scored where he'd gone down near midfield. The oppo keeper didn't see him and pumped out a low goal kick only for BWP to stand up, take the ball and score? Can't for the life of me remember who it was against or when though, just remember laughing for days afterwards.
  • EastStand said:

Good to see him doing well, I always though he was quality and had the potential to be a great goal scorer. Just a shame he couldn't do it with us!

Does anyone else remember that goal he scored where he'd gone down near midfield. The oppo keeper didn't see him and pumped out a low goal kick only for BWP to stand up, take the ball and score? Can't for the life of me remember who it was against or when though, just remember laughing for days afterwards.

You missed our best season for years mate. Must be bloody horrible thinking our recent history was Pardew, Parky and then straight to RD!
  • Haha I remember the 31 he got, I meant the 108 would be nice!
  • EastStand said:

Good to see him doing well, I always though he was quality and had the potential to be a great goal scorer. Just a shame he couldn't do it with us!

Yeah I remember that cocky keeper - I think he put the ball through his legs as well. I'm thinking it was Dagenham and Redbridge.
  • Sorry but I’m not buying it that he has had to step up his game to play out there or that Henry said how difficult it was.

Like the lad and glad he’s doing well for himself.