Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Summer 2018 transfer rumours

Comments

• Options
    Oggy Red said:

ross1 said:

http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/940588580?-11197:833

Johnnie Jackson is irreplaceable of course. One of the most popular players ever to ply his trade at The Valley, Jackson is a cast iron certainty to be inducted into the club's Hall of Fame

He is now 29-years-old and has had his share of injury problems, so wage demands would have to be sensible.

He has been released by his club, so there would be no transfer fee involved. His manager - Chris Powell - knows a thing or two about left-footers........and Charlton.‎

He has scored 60 goals in 298 league appearances and joined the Shrimpers in 2015, where he netted 18 goals in 79 league appearances .

He has been coveted by the Addicks in the past, but could this finally be the time that Anthony Wordsworth pitches up at The Valley?‎

Why would we want to sign someone that Powell has just released, if we think he knows a thing or two after left footers?

I seem to remember Wordsworth got into a bit of trouble on the Southend player's Christmas night out.
    Something about assaulting a police officer.

He's out of contract and not been offered a new one.
    Maybe it's something to do with that incident, rather than his playing ability?

I think he would be worth a punt if his wage demands are realistic and we have a big enough squad to cover absences.
  • Options
    Godden signs for Peterborough. Journo on twitter says they want 4m to sell Marriott.
  • Options

Godden signs for Peterborough. Journo on twitter says they want 4m to sell Marriott.

Interesting after everything the Boro fans said on their forum.

Would have liked him here based on what I've seen and heard, shame
  • Options
    The Mirror claim Everton and Brighton will battle for the signing of Charlton defender Ezri Konsa.

The 20-year-old has been linked with various Premier League clubs and the Mirror suggest he would cost £5m.

Charlton are said to be resigned to losing Konsa, who has two years remaining on his contract at The Valley.
  • Options
    Konsa will be a great player but as things stand I think we will miss Bauer more, we look so much tighter at the back with him in the side, not to mention the danger he is at set pieces when attacking.

If Konsa is the only departure and its for £4-5m with add ons and we can use all the money to strengthen we might have half a chance.
  • Options
    Roland revenge!!! As the takeover goes though just after the August transfer deadline and we don't sign anyone!
  • Options
    Richard J said:

I notice Wordsworth is available.

He tends to wander a bit, sort of on his own, not really a team player.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Bauer to Blackburn

I've heard Coles to Newcastle.
  • Options

Funny, because they were going to buy him last season but the manager vetoed it....something about Barry Fry pucking the team & not him ??? Also the manager said he wouldn't be able to fit into the system if the 2 "M"s both started as was his intention. I can only assume that Marriott is off somewhere already.
  • Options
    Peterborough Chairman has pretty much said Marriot is off, also said he expects to get more than 4 mill for him.

They’ve also accepted a 7 figure sum for someone today. Presumably for Marriott, Maddison or Edwards but he won’t say who.
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    Darren Ferguson just resigned at Donny.
  • Options
    Wouldn’t surprise me if someone came in for Fosu
  • Options

Peterborough Chairman has pretty much said Marriot is off, also said he expects to get more than 4 mill for him.

They’ve also accepted a 7 figure sum for someone today. Presumably for Marriott, Maddison or Edwards but he won’t say who.

Posh seem to be very good at buying and selling on players. I imagine their transfer dealings have been pretty profitable over the years

Marriott has had a great season, but then so did Nicky Ajose before he joined us. His record at Luton was good but not spectacular.
  • Options
    edited June 2018

Bauer to Blackburn

I've heard Coles to Newcastle.
    Big Mag to Red Bull?

Not sure that worked, sorry, I've ruined the thread :-(

[Red rag to a bull]
  • Options

Burton Albion leading the race to sign striker Clayton Donaldson. I’m led to believe that the brewers have opened up negotiations over a 2 yr deal. Bolton and Charlton also looking. #bafc #bwfc #cafc
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I wonder if Holmes could leave Sheffield United already this summer? He's done absolutely sod all there.
  • Options
    Looks like another 15 year old with a twitter account to me.
  • Options
    Slightly surprised that Tracey Leaburn would be with Mavididi today,is that a sign that he'll be coming back to us next season?

• Options

Slightly surprised that Tracey Leaburn would be with Mavididi today,is that a sign that he'll be coming back to us next season?

God I hope not
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    He can mow a lawn, fair play. Good lines.
  • Options

He's Charlton's new manager.

• Options
    Oggy Red said:

She's Charlton's new manager.