Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Summer 2018 transfer rumours

Comments

• Options
    Bowyer's right in thinking a striker & winger are our top two priorities. I reckon the striker we're after is Lyle Taylor.

Bowyer was raving about him after Wimbledon best us at there place....and he's out of contract so therefore ticks Rolands requirement for incoming transfers to be freebies.
  • Options

Bowyer's right in thinking a striker & winger are our top two priorities. I reckon the striker we're after is Lyle Taylor.

Bowyer was raving about him after Wimbledon best us at there place....and he's out of contract so therefore ticks Rolands requirement for incoming transfers to be freebies.

He joined Bristol Rovers.
  • Options
    Richard J said:

Doesnt look as though its happened yet... Is currently only being linked with them
  • Options

Richard J said:

Doesnt look as though its happened yet... Is currently only being linked with them
    Greenwich boy, so that maybe gives us some sway.
  • Options

Blackburn press saying Roland is asking £2m for Bauer.

LOL. Bet he actually gets £800k.
    I guarantee that if Bauer goes to Blackburn it will be for significantly lower than that, although cash up front.
  • Options
    Richard J said:

Sorry . You are right .
  • Options
    Duchatelet apparently offering discounts for more cash up front. Reminds me of when we ended up receiving an initial £1.5 million (excluding future add-ons) for Shelvey, rather than the contracted £1.7 million because we were desperate for cash and factored the debt.

Given that Duchatelet doesn’t give a toss about the club, the fact that he’s worth over 500 million Euro is obviously irrelevant. The man appears to be in a fit of pique and looks like he’s digging in, albeit without the foggiest idea of how he’s going to dig himself out of this ever deepening financial hole. In the meantime, the club continues to wither on the vine.
  • Options
    So depressing.
  • Options

Richard J said:

Greenwich boy, so that maybe gives us some sway.
    Championship clubs linked with Taylor. Freebie and a chance to call his own shots with regards to wages plus a chance to play 2nd tier football at the age of 28.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Addickted said:

Heard that we may be after Jem Karacan from Bolton. Local lad I believe.

Millwall reject :wink:
  • Options

Addickted said:

Heard that we may be after Jem Karacan from Bolton. Local lad I believe.

Millwall reject :wink:
    Arent we all.

Depressingly slim pickings on the transfer thread. Pleeeease sign someone!
  • Options
    Lyle Taylor now linked with Sunderland.
  • Options
    LordDofB said:

Lyle Taylor now linked with Sunderland.

He has been for a couple of weeks.
  • Options
    Local lad so let’s hope he wants to stay South.
  • Options
    Still not sure of the maths. 4 in 5 out but does that include any of the 7 already gone or are there more exits to follow? I assume Lennon is one so that is 8. Still only 4 to come in???
    Lyle Taylor would be excellent but so unlikely with all that is going on.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

Local lad so let’s hope he wants to stay South.

Seeing that he's previously played all over the country, including Scotland, Sheffield Utd and Scunthorpe, I don't think the London factor will be that important!
  • Options
    Sky reporting he is in talks with Sunderland. Bollocks.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

Not surprised. We are a big mess at the moment and players will know that plus Sunderland are a bigger club and will pay him big wages.
  • Options
    Any player out there at the moment will be avoiding signing for us if he has any sense. We are a mess of a club full of uncertainty.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Redrobo said:

Not surprised. We are a big mess at the moment and players will know that plus Sunderland are a bigger club and will pay him big wages.
    True, which is why I thought they would be more interested in someone like Marriott. Maybe they are.

Apparently Sunderland are expecting to announce 4 new signings very soon with two being strikers. I think they may walk the league.
  • Options

Any player out there at the moment will be avoiding signing for us if he has any sense. We are a mess of a club full of uncertainty.

all about money. we offer more and they will sign.
  • Options

Lol, well if its about money, as things stand at the moment nobody will be coming in. RD wants to spend as little as possible until he off loads us.
  • Options

Lol, well if its about money, as things stand at the moment nobody will be coming in. RD wants to spend as little as possible until he off loads us.
    Even with that we can still offer higher wages than most teams in the division
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

Redrobo said:

True, which is why I thought they would be more interested in someone like Marriott. Maybe they are.

Apparently Sunderland are expecting to announce 4 new signings very soon with two being strikers. I think they may walk the league.
    A good start for them with an easy home game on Sky
  • Options
    We've got a lot of strikers that don't score goals, why not add Lyle Taylor to that list....
  • Options
    c'mon he scored 14 goals last season, doubt ours got that many between them