Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Nathan Jones - sacked by Southampton (p12)

Comments

• Options
    A lot of Stoke fans saying Mark Cartwright is the problem at the club. he's technical director and knows Nathan Jones. I think this could go wrong for Jones, just when he's doing something special at Luton.
  • Options
    He is a decnet man and I hope he gets the job at the bigger club. On another side note it seems Charlton is missed off his bio in the BBC report. We rarely figure much in the press in this type of thing.
  • Options
    cafc_se7 said:

I live up this way and have quite a lot of Luton mates! Understandably fuming! They are taking 3000 up to sunderland Saturday and reckon it could boil over!

yeah, another bedfordshire dweller here, Luton do love a ruck
  • Options
    Great news for us if it happens, could have seen Luton getting in the top 2.
  • Options
    hawksmoor said:

Cue Luton new manager bounce.

Especially if they go for Johnny Jackson.

Jones not actually left Luton yet.

Seems likely but not a #donedeal
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

hawksmoor said:

is now Henners.
  • Options

hawksmoor said:

is now Henners.
    WIOTOS : - )
  • Options
    It seems a big risk to take this job - I would have expected him to try and get Luton promoted. He is early in his management career and Stoke will be a big challenge.
  • Options
    Seems its just Jones that has left Luton for Stoke

Has he not taken any of his backroom staff with him?
  • Options

Seems its just Jones that has left Luton for Stoke

Has he not taken any of his backroom staff with him?

Maybe they're holding the fort at Kenilworth Road until a new man comes in and then they'll re-join NJ.
  • Options

Listening to Luton fans on talksport phone in. To say they are gutted is an understatement. Jones was apparently a bit of a badge kisser and they are not exactly wishing him well. Sorry for Luton but this may be good news for us in the long run.

Good luck to him; he would have early very little relatively in his playing career
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    ambitious young(ish) manager in a lower division ? .. The Stoke job was too good to turn down
  • Options
    Good luck to him. If we had a different owner I reckon he may have got our job ahead of Freaye.
  • Options
    Good luck to Nathan.
  • Options
    This is potentially great news for us for the chase for automatic promotion
  • Options

Listening to Luton fans on talksport phone in. To say they are gutted is an understatement. Jones was apparently a bit of a badge kisser and they are not exactly wishing him well. Sorry for Luton but this may be good news for us in the long run.

Us football fans are a fickle lot. How many Managers last more than 3 years in any job?

When they're crap we scream for the Board to get rid and bemoan the fact that it costs the Club thousands to do so. We get a good one and we want blood when he's poached. But the Club get thousands in compensation and there is always the risk that, had he stayed, the team will go on the sort of run that will get him the sack anyway.
  • Options
    It isn't that much of a risk - he will be getting a lot more money and if he fails there, a club similar to Luton will take him on.
  • Options

He is a decnet man and I hope he gets the job at the bigger club. On another side note it seems Charlton is missed off his bio in the BBC report. We rarely figure much in the press in this type of thing.

In the same way as former Newcastle and WHU striker Robert Lee. 😀
  • Options

In the same way as former Newcastle and WHU striker Robert Lee. 😀
    Yep - it's bloody annoying that they keep referring to Lee as a striker.
  • Options
    Feel for Luton supporters. Have some Luton supporting mates and they'll be absolutely gutted. He seemed to be the last piece in really getting that club turned around.

I get wanting to go to Stoke. Big crowds at that level, parachute payments, a lot of players in the squad who are full internationals. I have to imagine that it's sort of now or never with them. On paper it looks like an aging squad who, I imagine, are on massive wages. 8 points off the playoffs is certainly doable.