Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Family Stand...

13»

Comments

• Options
    Moved to the Family Stand this season to ensure I give the owner as little of my money as it is possible.

The 8 year old really likes it in there, the 12 year old hates it.

I am more restrained in their due to what it is.

That said some of those in their would moan at anything they went to and not just sport. They let their kids get away with anything and the adults are continually getting up and down to eat ( can they not cope for 2 hours) and then like Saturday always leave before the end. They will be really shocked if we ever get a full Valley again
  • Options
    On the odd occasion when I can't get a freebie (mate works for a sponsor, so can usually swing us tickets in the Vista lounge), I tend to go in the family stand.

As has been stated, cheapest place to sit (£20 for me and my boy), is close enough to the north upper to get a bit of atmosphere without being too loud/intimidating for the small ones. Plus the kids in there get the opportunity to be a flag bearer before the game.

Biggest issue with the family stand is the toilet arrangements. If you're near the front you have to walk up all the steps to the exit, then down a tonne of steps to the nearest toilets under the north lower. Especially arduous when your kid wants to go to the loo when the game is going on.
  • Options

Advantage mfL.

New balls please.
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    Birmingham away last game of season about 3 years ago.

About ten geezers were about six rows in front of us, it was apparant that they'd had a few before the game, disgusting behaviour I know.

Anyway, my mate was with his ten year old boy and politely asked one of them to tone down the language and was told not so politely to f*** off.

Perhaps we should have a swearing and non-swearing section as well.

Having said all that I can see both sides of the arguement.
  • Options

On the odd occasion when I can't get a freebie (mate works for a sponsor, so can usually swing us tickets in the Vista lounge), I tend to go in the family stand.

As has been stated, cheapest place to sit (£20 for me and my boy), is close enough to the north upper to get a bit of atmosphere without being too loud/intimidating for the small ones. Plus the kids in there get the opportunity to be a flag bearer before the game.

Biggest issue with the family stand is the toilet arrangements. If you're near the front you have to walk up all the steps to the exit, then down a tonne of steps to the nearest toilets under the north lower. Especially arduous when your kid wants to go to the loo when the game is going on.

The toilet situation is a joke and I made a complaint years ago. Only a non parent could have thought to make this the family area.
  • Options
    shine166 said:

With a stadium half full at best, couldnt the OP move ? or is it better to stay and have a reason to moan on here ?

That's unfair.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

The toilet situation is a joke and I made a complaint years ago. Only a non parent could have thought to make this the family area.
    It used to be in the Lower West with a family room - they shifted us up to the NE corner when the double decking of the Covered End was completed. I agree, not the best place for a family section.
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

I think families are better off going in the East Stand if they don't want any rowdiness. No offence to you East Standers but I couldn't help noticing the other day in the East Stand that the average age there must be at least 70!

Much younger than the West then.
  • Options

They would be better off putting the family on the other side where at least there’s a toilet halfway up the stairs (for the males at least)
  • Options

Curb_It said:

I think families are better off going in the East Stand if they don't want any rowdiness. No offence to you East Standers but I couldn't help noticing the other day in the East Stand that the average age there must be at least 70!

That is the second time in a fortnight you have had a pop at my age, I was a silver surfer the other week. You can go off people you know :wink:
    Sorry, I meant to post the other day and say how would I know where you sit, and that of course I didnt mean to offend.

Thankfully I forgot to post that.

• Sponsored links:

• Options

About ten geezers were about six rows in front of us, it was apparant that they'd had a few before the game, disgusting behaviour I know.

Anyway, my mate was with his ten year old boy and politely asked one of them to tone down the language and was told not so politely to f*** off.

was that the same group that kicked off amongst themselves and had a few thrown out?
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

Curb_It said:

That is the second time in a fortnight you have had a pop at my age, I was a silver surfer the other week. You can go off people you know :wink:
    Sorry, I meant to post the other day and say how would I know where you sit, and that of course I didnt mean to offend.

I was only joking CI, that is why I finished off with a smiley face. It would take a lot more than that to offend me and plus you need to get your own back when I give you a bit a stick over your intake of wine which of course is purely hearsay as we have never met.

• Options
    Croydon said:

was that the same group that kicked off amongst themselves and had a few thrown out?
    No idea.
  • Options
    There's a very similar thread on Millwall FC's 'North Stand Banter' forum entitled 'In the family stand, is it wrong to ask fellow fans to stop punching my grandma ?'.
  • Options
    edited April 2018

Family stand
    u-11 £25 season ticket or £3 per match
    Adult £175 (i think) season ticket or £17 per match

Adult £200 £8.70 per game
    U11 £30 £1.30 per game

£10 per match saving
  • Options

Curb_It said:

Curb_It said:

I was only joking CI, that is why I finished off with a smiley face. It would take a lot more than that to offend me and plus you need to get your own back when I give you a bit a stick over your intake of wine which of course is purely hearsay as we have never met.

Okay EastStandMike... I guess you missed my crap joke! It's understandable.